Script to download sources, make, and build

I've been working with SFML and SFGUI lately and I would like to keep my libs up to date with the latest sources from their respective repos. I'm using mingw and codeblocks with cmake to make and compile the libraries from source but I'm getting tired of this process:

1. download source from repo (github for sfml, private server for sfgui)
2. configure cmake using the gui tool
3. make sources
4. open codeblocks & compile (wait 10 minutes....)
5. repeat step 2-4 for release version... (wait another 10 minutes)

How can I automate this whole thing? This seems like it should be easily scripted but I'm just not sure where to start. I know I need to read up on how to use mingw and cmake from the command line so that I don't have to open the cmake gui tool or codeblocks at all, but everytime I try to dig in and figure it out I end up saying "Screw it I'll do it manually so I can work on my project" :)

This time I'd like to really get it done. So does anybody out there have experience with this? You don't have to give me a step by step tutorial (that would be cool though) just a general overview of what I need to do or learn in order to script this whole process.
So after spending most of the day googling and reading I've come up with this simple batch file to do what I wanted. It's not exactly elegant,flexible, or robust but it gets the job done. Might come in handy for someone else out there.

Keep in mind this requires you have git, codeblocks, mingw, & cmake installed and in your 'Path' environment variable.

@echo "Cleaning and setting up path..."
@cd C:\Repositories
@rmdir /s /q SFML
@mkdir SFML 
@git clone http://github.com/LaurentGomila/SFML
@cd SFML
@mkdir build
@cd build
@echo "Building debug binaries..."
@cmake -G "CodeBlocks - MinGW Makefiles" .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Debug"
@codeblocks.exe --build SFML.cbp
@echo "Building release binaries..."