Compiling C++ for Windows 7

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post, I am new to this website as well as the C++ programming language and am seeking any help that can be provided regarding my issue and all responses will be truly appreciated.

*My computers OS is windows 7 64 bit.*

--I have tried multiple IDEs and compilers for writing and running C++ programs including Visual Studio 2010 express, Bloodshed Dev-C++, Orwell Dev-C++, Codelite, and Borland. I always receive errors when trying to compile and execute the programs I write, including things like "'System' not declared" and other random things. There are absolutely no syntax errors in my code so I don't understand why the programs I write (which are extremely basic for e.g. "Hello World") won't work.

Your help is greatly appreciated thank you.

YOu should research this subject. I think its the system root variable or something like that.
Ok thanks! What exactly does that refer to though? I just want to make sure i'm not going down the wrong path!
Visual Studio 2010 express should have set it all up for you. Pressing 'CTRL + F5' should build and run it.

The only system variable I can think of, in Visual Studio, would be:
On the left pane, right-click the;
solution name > properties > Linker > System;
I run the "Console (/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE)
Thank you! I'll try that.
Also, when running VS for the first time, you have to set up the environment. It gives you a few options, one being a C++ environment.

In case you have set up the wrong environment:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/327cd8e7-95a1-4d65-b44e-c2200bb0684f/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.