how to run a gui program in the background?

i'm trying to create a program that will run another program. but the program i want to run has a gui and i don't want the gui to be visible, i just want the program to run in the background.

But i have to do it without editing the gui program. I do not have access to the code

here's my code:
        TCHAR* path = L"C:\\Myfile\\test.exe";
	STARTUPINFO info = {0};
	PROCESS_INFORMATION processInfo;

ZeroMemory( &info, sizeof(info) );
	info.cb = sizeof(info);
	ZeroMemory( &processInfo, sizeof(processInfo) );

info.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW;
	info.wShowWindow = FALSE; 

if (CreateProcess(path, NULL, NULL, NULL, TRUE, 0, NULL, NULL, &info, &processInfo))
	{
		::WaitForSingleObject(processInfo.hProcess, INFINITE);
		CloseHandle(processInfo.hProcess);
		CloseHandle(processInfo.hThread);
	}
    }

i tested this code with notepad and it runs notepad in the background without displaying the window but when i try run my program it doesn't work

i don't have access to the GUI programs code
Last edited on
the program i want to run has a gui and i don't want the gui to be visible, i just want the program to run in the background.

Does the program require input? Can you send it the input by any other means than GUI?
yes the program requires input. i didn't make the program i am just trying to run it in the background so i can't change anything
If the program requires input and GUI is the only input method, then you have to use the GUI.
@keskiverto yes the GUI will be used but it will be used by another computer. I am trying to run this GUI program as a service, then another computer will access this GUI
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.