Beginners - April 2013 (Page 2)

COnfused about printing order

Hi, I just lost a few hours trying to make a program work because i was thinking it returned illogical values, because i printed them the wrong way The code...
[5 replies] Last: in addition to said by vlad from moscow gcc usually evaluate right-t... (by MiiNiPaa)
Opening a folder whit cpp

When im opening a folder in cpp whit system("start C.....") i dont know how to write the path when some folder has space betwen words... example system("st...
[5 replies] Last: i open program files whit this: progra~1...something like that... ... (by FSchwartz)
fucntions

i need to edit this code so that my main look something like this void telluser(); int DetermineSpeed(); bool DetermineDrunk(); void DetermineFine(int Spe...
[2 replies] Last: THANKS VERY MUCH ACEIX.. ILL TRY WORK ON IT. (by dharmendra1281)
by Daleth
Odd string returned from typeid

I'm developing a template function that takes in containers as a parameter. The function will use typeid to check if a container was passed in or not. Since I'v...
[6 replies] Last: > I'm pretty unfamiliar with boost and even more so with cxxabi.h, so ... (by JLBorges)
user defined datatype/vector elements

Write your question here. I have a user defined data type it has 5 strings and 6 ints that make up the object. this object is one in a vector. how do you c...
[2 replies] Last: You tried something like this? structCDATA { string szName; ... (by Aceix)
by zenniz
How to simplify these strftime program???

How to simplify the code below? I got stuck with the third parameter of strftime. Assume that the time is already set char t_timedate ; int tc_timeda...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks alot! (by zenniz)
by coal
counting in a vector

Hey,
[3 replies] Last: haha.. this way we will be left with only answers... (by writetonsharma)
Correct usage of Template Class

Hello there, first time poster so be gentle ;) So I'm currently making a program and am trying to use Template classes and I'm unsure if what I'm doing is corre...
[3 replies] Last: It looks like that you placed the definition of the template class and... (by vlad from moscow)
Initialize array in constructor

Question : Hi, I've been programming in Java for 2 years and C/C++ for almost a year now. I'm still confused at some things because the difference of the la...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much :) (by irodeknight)
by coal
ifstream

I am trying to read some data from a text file, and place it into a structure. The text file consists of an integer number followed by two strings. Written in "...
[2 replies] Last: I thought I'd repost before you deleted it as you did previously. Ple... (by kbw)
Declaring many arrays by means of loop

How could many arrays be declared by means of a loop, for example : array1={...}; array2={...}; array3={...}; array4={...}; . . . ;array100={...}; Is it p...
[6 replies] Last: There are lots of ways of storing data. One advantage of the STL conta... (by TheIdeasMan)
Reading a string until '-' is encountered

The input looks something like "Bob-Harper" I want to read "Bob" as string1, "-" as char1, and "Harper" as string2 At the moment when I use input >> string1; ...
[1 reply] : std::string first, second; char delimeter('-'); //It is always '-' is... (by MiiNiPaa)
Help with Array

Super quick question about arrays and I am sure it has a very easy answer lol. Can I add to an array that is defined by an int. I will give an example: ...
[6 replies] Last: nope that is an error haha thank you for pointing that out (by youngnito)
Homework Help - Series Program

Write a function that returns the value of the following series. f(n, y) = (1/y)( 2 + 1/3 + 4 + 1/5 + 6 + 1/7 + ... + x ) where the values n is the number of...
[1 reply] : There is something called recursion in which a function calls itself f... (by Daleth)
by Sl1ck
Program compiles but won't Run? (Dev C++)

Okay this is a first for me. My code compiles absolutely fine with no errors what so ever. But when I click "Run" or "Compile & Run", the little command window ...
[4 replies] Last: It could be really hard to spot a runtime error by looking at the code... (by TheIdeasMan)
by aggsyb
Identifying/hooking to software

Hey guys, As I said in my previous post I am a complete and utter noob when it comes to c++ but im learning as much as I can from articles and youtube and re...
[5 replies] Last: So, are you using MFC ? mouse click will work as usual because you c... (by writetonsharma)
Big Int class

Hi guys, So, I've been doing some of the problems on Project Euler for a while and it seems a few of them require the manipulation of very large numbers so I...
[3 replies] Last: How can a user insert a 100 digit number to your class. I may be missi... (by writetonsharma)
by arashf
Initializing the object members over and over

I need to do calculations inside an object which changes the values of its members. To same memory, I want to write over the objects in the next step of the alg...
[3 replies] Last: make a member function that reset the data. Your code is wrong rewrit... (by AkramIzzeldin)
by kabuki
Printing an array.

I just want to know if I am doing this code correctly because when it outputs, it shows the numbers that I've entered but it only display one name for all. ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, that fixed my problem. (by kabuki)
How to remove digit, punct w/o ' ' spacing.

This is the code I want to improve. Is it possible to remove words and punctuation without having to use spacing ' '? If so can anyone show me how or show me a...
[1 reply] : You were on the right track with remove_if . #include <iostream> #i... (by cire)
April 2013 Pages: 1234... 83
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.