Beginners - April 2013 (Page 3)

Declaring many arrays by means of loop

How could many arrays be declared by means of a loop, for example : array1={...}; array2={...}; a...
[6 replies] Last: There are lots of ways of storing data. One advantage of the STL conta... (by TheIdeasMan)
Reading a string until '-' is encountered

The input looks something like "Bob-Harper" I want to read "Bob" as string1, "-" as char1, and "Har...
[1 reply] : std::string first, second; char delimeter('-'); //It is always '-' is... (by MiiNiPaa)
Help with Array

Super quick question about arrays and I am sure it has a very easy answer lol. Can I add to an ar...
[6 replies] Last: nope that is an error haha thank you for pointing that out (by youngnito)
Homework Help - Series Program

Write a function that returns the value of the following series. f(n, y) = (1/y)( 2 + 1/3 + 4 + 1/...
[1 reply] : There is something called recursion in which a function calls itself f... (by Daleth)
by Sl1ck
Program compiles but won't Run? (Dev C++)

Okay this is a first for me. My code compiles absolutely fine with no errors what so ever. But when ...
[4 replies] Last: It could be really hard to spot a runtime error by looking at the code... (by TheIdeasMan)
by aggsyb
Identifying/hooking to software

Hey guys, As I said in my previous post I am a complete and utter noob when it comes to c++ but i...
[5 replies] Last: So, are you using MFC ? mouse click will work as usual because you c... (by writetonsharma)
Big Int class

Hi guys, So, I've been doing some of the problems on Project Euler for a while and it seems a few...
[3 replies] Last: How can a user insert a 100 digit number to your class. I may be missi... (by writetonsharma)
by arashf
Initializing the object members over and over

I need to do calculations inside an object which changes the values of its members. To same memory, ...
[3 replies] Last: make a member function that reset the data. Your code is wrong rewrit... (by AkramIzzeldin)
by kabuki
Printing an array.

I just want to know if I am doing this code correctly because when it outputs, it shows the numbers ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, that fixed my problem. (by kabuki)
How to remove digit, punct w/o ' ' spacing.

This is the code I want to improve. Is it possible to remove words and punctuation without having t...
[1 reply] : You were on the right track with remove_if . #include <iostream> #i... (by cire)
Need help with sorting Urgent ://

Ok so I did this project where I take in a date, vector int year, vector int month, vector int day ...
[no replies]
by fetzjr
How to set up OpenGL with Dev-C++

Okay so I want to start with OpenGL, but I can't seem to figure out how to install all the includes....
[5 replies] Last: There are several versions of Dev C++. The Bloodshed version has not... (by Chervil)
Math library PLEASE HELP!

Hey guys, I'm new to c++ and need to create a math library that is capable of doing the following ta...
[3 replies] Last: www.boost.org (by Zaita)
"Vector erase iterator out range"

This is the code: for(int i = 0; i < zombies.size(); i++) { zombies ->Move(); for(int x = 0; ...
[9 replies] Last: you're using iterators right there, right? Correct. (by cire)
Weird declaration error.

Hey fellas, sorry for asking so many questions lately, hopefully this is the final piece to my puzzl...
[4 replies] Last: Compare it to the other if statements about the value of m. Notice how... (by Ispil)
Double inheritance?

I have a question about class extending please excuse my english, I have problem expressing with wor...
[1 reply] : Class inheritance is by default private . From within the Object clas... (by Peter87)
by Reece
Reading selected data from a file

Ok, here goes... How I would access certain elements in my array to perform calculations??? i.e the ...
[1 reply] : Making your question more specific would help but you can access press... (by rcast)
by Hoop22
in-class initialization of non-const static member 'counter'

I tried to run this program, but it told me this, ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-con...
[1 reply] : Declare counter in the class body (line 6). static int counter; And... (by Peter87)
Getting an "overloaded member function not found in *"

I'm getting an error when I try to build the program. I'm trying to build a small Qt application, bu...
[no replies]
SDL, understanding how to push back ar rect object to a vector outside class

So Im trying to get a rect to constantly update its coordinates in the right index of a vector, this...
[17 replies] Last: FUNK ... (by devonrevenge)
April 2013 Pages: 12345... 83
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.