Beginners - April 2013 (Page 3)

Need help with sorting Urgent ://

Ok so I did this project where I take in a date, vector int year, vector int month, vector int day and a vector string called appointment thing is I suck at...
[no replies]
by fetzjr
How to set up OpenGL with Dev-C++

Okay so I want to start with OpenGL, but I can't seem to figure out how to install all the includes... etc. My Dev-C++ version is 5.2.0.1, I tried to follow ...
[5 replies] Last: There are several versions of Dev C++. The Bloodshed version has not... (by Chervil)
Math library PLEASE HELP!

Hey guys, I'm new to c++ and need to create a math library that is capable of doing the following tasks: Create an Identity Matric Create a Translation Matr...
[3 replies] Last: www.boost.org (by Zaita)
"Vector erase iterator out range"

This is the code: for(int i = 0; i < zombies.size(); i++) { zombies ->Move(); for(int x = 0; x < player.ReturnVector().size(); x++) { if(zombies ->R...
[9 replies] Last: you're using iterators right there, right? Correct. (by cire)
Weird declaration error.

Hey fellas, sorry for asking so many questions lately, hopefully this is the final piece to my puzzle.. I get an error that reads : main.cpp: In function ‘...
[4 replies] Last: Compare it to the other if statements about the value of m. Notice how... (by Ispil)
Double inheritance?

I have a question about class extending please excuse my english, I have problem expressing with words, but here is the problem: Assuming I have a class: cla...
[1 reply] : Class inheritance is by default private . From within the Object clas... (by Peter87)
by Reece
Reading selected data from a file

Ok, here goes... How I would access certain elements in my array to perform calculations??? i.e the elements in my array pressure to #include <iostream> #i...
[1 reply] : Making your question more specific would help but you can access press... (by rcast)
by Hoop22
in-class initialization of non-const static member 'counter'

I tried to run this program, but it told me this, ISO C++ forbids in-class initialization of non-const static member ‘counter’. Basically I just wanna test ...
[1 reply] : Declare counter in the class body (line 6). static int counter; And... (by Peter87)
Getting an "overloaded member function not found in *"

I'm getting an error when I try to build the program. I'm trying to build a small Qt application, but I can't test what I've done so far because it won't compil...
[no replies]
SDL, understanding how to push back ar rect object to a vector outside class

So Im trying to get a rect to constantly update its coordinates in the right index of a vector, this way I hope to check the vector for collisions, in the mean ...
[17 replies] Last: FUNK ... (by devonrevenge)
voter program

I have a project in my beginner C++ class. we have to design a voter form that brings the info in from a txt file finds the winner of the vote and also finds th...
[1 reply] : You need to wrap your code in code tags, and properly format it before... (by Yanson)
Help on Arrays

Well here's what I got. I need help to be able to use negative numbers and also it keeps giving me the average and sum for all 10 numbers but I want it to do th...
[3 replies] Last: Look at how vlad did change your average calculation and reporting. W... (by keskiverto)
Facing Problem with getline()

Hi guys. I am trying to use getline function to take inputs but i can not understand how it is working. void Company :: getname() { cout<<"Please ente...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much. It is working fine now. (by aprendiz)
Question about stopping inputs

Hey guys I have a question about some inputs and when to stop. So I am suppose to have the user input day, the high temperature for the day, the record high ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much.. Helped a lot (by youngnito)
Classes and structures

I'm building a sports text-based game and have a beginner level question. Say I have 100 different teams (I've set them up as classes) and each team has 10 pla...
[3 replies] Last: You could look at teams and players as being in separate structures. ... (by kooth)
by mhe33
Problem functions

bn = 1 if n = 1 b(f) + b(c) + n if n ≥ 2, where • f means the floor of n • c means the ceiling of n it's quite simple to write a function that gi...
[1 reply] : Could you show the recursive version? (by keskiverto)
Remove_if Error can someone help?

getline (file1,line); line.erase( std::remove_if(line.begin(), line.end(), &isdigit), // removes digits. line.end()); Error: input...
[2 replies] Last: There are two function overloads with the name "isdigit" in the standa... (by Cubbi)
Why doesn't this char array work?

Hi. I'm trying to do a program that prints out a full block of '#'. The block size can the user decide. When it prints out the array it's just a bunch of other...
[7 replies] Last: That is quite different. The array size is fixed and known at compile... (by keskiverto)
is not a member of.....

Hi forum, I am using a api written in C++. The api have the some class declaration under the namespace osgViewer as follows: namespace osgViewer ...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=sajis997] #ifdef WIN32 Windows does not define " WIN32 "; it... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by erazze
Need help with homework!!

I have an assignment from my CSCI class where I am tottally out of my element. If I could have some help with creating a program, it would be much appreciated. ...
[3 replies] Last: So, I wasn't really sure what was allowed and what wasn't, but given f... (by Ssturges)
April 2013 Pages: 12345... 83
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.