Beginners - April 2013 (Page 4)

Creating a class object

I am new to C++ and I got some problem while understanding the codes that demonstrate the creation of class objects. I learnt that a class object (eg. class ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks very much, I think I got it. It appears that I mixed it up with... (by Jimmy Leung)
Input from text file into custom string object

The goal of this program is to read lines from a text file that contain infix expressions ending with a ';' character and output them as postfix expressions in ...
[1 reply] : I think I may have solved this problem, but not 100% sure yet. I now h... (by Douglas Callahan)
Vigenere Cipher help

So I'm working on making a program that encodes a message using the Vigenere Cipher (essentially a glorified Caesar shift) and I've run into a few problems with...
[1 reply] : <bump> (by griffwin)
Using append and erase on strings

I need some advice and to be pointed in the right direction on how to use append and erase properly. On an assignment I'm working on, I have to mix around some...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, thanks for the reply and help. I always forget the order of how c... (by spesh39)
use 2-dimension array of integers that has 6 rows representing the lakes and 4 columns representing the fish

OK, so I have to read integers from a file, the integers are 8 27 33 14 81 146 305 249 412 71 226 4 144 55 94 493 133 265 788 240 380 117 88 25 60 I h...
[2 replies] Last: I just noticed that, but unfortunately it's reading from a file our pr... (by Afarian)
GUI Programming

Hello, I'm required to add a graphical user interface (dialog based) to a banking system program that I wrote before. The dialog box has to have an Account a...
[2 replies] Last: D: (by Kiwihead)
counting a word in a file

Hi ! I need help here , my program is reading a text file and finding how many the word "The" in it ,but our instructor want it to be counted even if there is n...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you guys I appreciate your help I'm working on it =) (by becomingEng)
Selection sort(array)

In array, an element with highest value is first located, it is then replaced with last element. The procedure is repeated for all elements in array except last...
[2 replies] Last: thanx m8 (by lenc222)
by Ali93
Multi Source Files

Hi,, I'm having a problem to split my code to multi source files I wrote a program using only one .cpp file (main) and 4 header files toBase.h, toDec.h, ...
[7 replies] Last: THANK YOU ALL Finally i got the Idea ^_^ I have errors because when... (by Ali93)
How to set a timer

Hey, I am working on a project where I need to set a 5 min. timer. Once timer is up I need to do something. I am not sure how to do this, any help will be great...
[11 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <chrono> #include <thread> int main() {... (by MiiNiPaa)
how to install gmp?

i am trying to install gmp through the instruction showed in this page http://www.cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/ first i download the gmp-dynamic-cygwin-4.1.tar...
[3 replies] Last: When i just use #include "....path to gmp.h", it works. So what is the... (by selenium)
"<<" ?

in cout what exactly is "<<" #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> int main(int argc, const char *argv) { std::cout<<"Hello, World!"<<std::end...
[4 replies] Last: << is a bitwise left shift operator. It is overloaded to work differ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by fetzjr
What should i really be learning?

Okay sooo I have been working on the tutorial on this site. I just finished the Functions II lesson, and am now moving on to arrays. I have already done like 2 ...
[3 replies] Last: I don't think that makes any difference. But I'm used to format my co... (by S G H)
Want to learn simple 2d programming !

Hey guys! I am currently learning the basics in c++ by watching a series of tutorials. When I'm some with those I'd like to learn how to make a really simpl...
[3 replies] Last: For 3D games, graphics APIs such as Direct3D and openGL allow to rende... (by closed account 9wqjE3v7)
by Rousan
fatal error!

okay so it tells me: fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found im new in this sorry #include <iostream> #include <string> usin...
[2 replies] Last: thanks ....... i just changed the project and it work! (by Rousan)
by ccmccm
SDL game state

Hi, I am a game state main logic (post 1) and I have a button draw function render (post 2). How can I add the render function to the game state logic so tha...
[3 replies] Last: Please help, I need it urgently. thousand thanks~~~~ (by ccmccm)
sorting the title

/* *VsPod.cpp *4-23-2013 */ #include<iostream> #include<vector> #include<string> using namespace std; struct song { string t; string a;...
[6 replies] Last: Okay. That makes sense. I thought that since it wasn't a number being ... (by eman2013)
Copying a char* into char*

Hello, I am trying to copy an unsigned char* into an unsigned char*, but getting core dump. I tried with memcpy and strcpy as well. Not sure about the syntax. ...
[3 replies] Last: @vlad - Oops. You are right. Not even sure why did I do that :S Thanks... (by incognito)
Undefined reference error?

I get this strange linker error when I compile my code... /tmp/ccO8yU7S.o: In function `bad_date(int, Date::Month, int)': main.cpp:(.text+0xf5): undefined r...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah I tossed this in there bool leapyear(int y) { return false; }... (by Shilalydawg)
by Rogge
Not sure about the results

I'm not sure about the results to this problem 3 guys are shooting each other one has a 33% (Aaron) chance of hitting, one 50% (Bob), and one 100% (Charlie) ...
[12 replies] Last: Looks correct according to how I understand the assignment. The teache... (by Gaminic)
April 2013 Pages: 123456... 83
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.