Beginners - April 2013 (Page 5)

converting string first char to int

Hey guys, I've only recently started using C++ for university and I'm having trouble with one particular part of the code. I'm trying to convert a particular p...
[1 reply] : To convert a single character to an integer you can subtract '0'. int... (by Peter87)
Insertion sort reading from file into structure

I was tasked to write a program that will read the data from a txt file into a structure. i then have to prompt for what i want the user for input on what they ...
[3 replies] Last: Ah, I see... Ok, instead of using comparing operators > and <, use st... (by Nina Sma)
how to run a gui program in the background?

i'm trying to create a program that will run another program. but the program i want to run has a gui and i don't want the gui to be visible, i just want the pr...
[4 replies] Last: @keskiverto yes the GUI will be used but it will be used by another co... (by beginner123)
QUESTION for all you great programmers

Do you think at 32 its to old to learn programming?
[1 reply] : Well u see I am not a great programmer just a beginner.But I guess the... (by cyberdude)
Output isn't right...

Hi I've got a bit of code right here that reads a text file fine, but it doesn't cout anything other than the first line. Here.. int main() { vecto...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, I'm really sorry everyone, I'm an idiot and I had a comma at the e... (by Shilalydawg)
by nasser
debug error

a debug error pop up when output the result #include<iostream> using namespace std; int addition(int a,int b,int g=0) { int c; g+=1; c=a+b*g...
[1 reply] : I think it's because g has an invalid value. Initializing it to 0 migh... (by Aceix)
output to a .txt file. trouble

I am trying to write the output to a .txt file. I have the following code #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; //Function prot...
[8 replies] Last: Makes perfect sense ! I have used the output to display only the aver... (by kittycat)
help with arrays

I am trying to figure out how to right a program that declares a 10 element double array, using one loop to read 10 values from the user and store them in the a...
[10 replies] Last: Well here's what I got. I need help to be able to use negative numbers... (by Cluterbug)
problem about putting prototypes in header files.

Hey, guys. I am learning separate files, and when I try to putting a function prototype into one user-defined header file, i met a error. Plz help me see where...
[4 replies] Last: i faint... i finally find that my second file haven't been auto add in... (by closed account LUXNwA7f)
by lksnip
Need Help for simple calculator program

sorry for my english is poor i make simple calculator, and want to validate it, it is good but not meet my expectation. so the problem is 1. about first numbe...
[9 replies] Last: string input; bool error; double a1; do { erro... (by lksnip)
Deleting linked list from the beginnig

Hello, I am trying the delete all the elements in a linked list in the beginning. I used the following code, it seems like that it complied fine with ./a.out...
[1 reply] : temp1=head->getNext(); while(temp1!=NULL) { ... Here, in the cas... (by shacktar)
course score calculation program

The program I am trying to get to work takes in a string student ID. 2 double test scores (max score of 200) and 7 double home work scores(max of 265) from a te...
[1 reply] : edited to make it easier to read (by sushiroll)
C++; 2D arrays? Plot points for graph

Okay, I need some help finding the ---location--- of any value divisible by 3 in my createCoords function. And I know that the value "y" in my main function isn...
[3 replies] Last: To help log my coordinates, I'd like to use fillLocations to fill the ... (by bringer of poop)
Count vowels from user input string characters

I came across a few other entries to help me formulate this program. However, the benefit of the following program is that it implements a user-defined func...
[no replies]
by yayu
Linked Lists

Can someone explain how this works? I'm learning from a book but it either doesn't do a good job explaining or I can't grasp the concept. //Link.h clas...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you. (by yayu)
Vec2 Template Help

I'm working on an assignment and I'm a bit confused on what I'm supposed to do. I made a vec2d class previously for a different assignment. Now I have to make t...
[1 reply] : It should be very simple to make your class a template class. Read up ... (by Lachlan Easton)
how to write a program using nested while loops

please help me doing my assignmnet, I have to write a program using nested while loops which will show the ouput as follows 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 and using t...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::endl; int main(){ ... (by eyenrique)
Completely stopping an animation loop?

Hey, so my character shoots a projectile. When space bar is pressed it enters an animation loop like: while(character .xCoord < 733 && collisionTest(thunderH...
[no replies]
console/cmd shuts down instantly !

Hi programmers ! I have resorted to everything from system ("pause") to cin.get() to even sleep. Yet I am unable to have the average at the end of the cmd scree...
[14 replies] Last: Thank You :) (by kittycat)
by SlatA
Easiest way to change color in bitmap

I was wondering what would be the simplest way to change the color of a bitmap image?
[1 reply] : Any idea from anyone? (by SlatA)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 34567... 83
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.