Beginners - April 2013 (Page 80)

read file small problem

#ifndef INVENTORY_H #define INVENTORY_H #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<fstream> using namespace std; class Inventory { public: ...
[3 replies] Last: `inven ' is out of bounds. Also, http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/begin... (by ne555)
count number of line printed out

here it is: How many lines are printed out by this statement: cout << "abc\ndef\tghi\njkl" << endl << endl << "mno\n\npqr\n"; from what I see, it goes: ...
[4 replies] Last: yeah,looks like im not supposed to count the last line. thanks for you... (by yosimba2000)
Remove element from vector while iterating over it

Hi, I'm trying to remove an element from a vector while iterating over it. Initially I was using a simple for i = 0, i < vector.size() but it wouldn't let me...
[8 replies] Last: @L B .erase() returns a valid iterator to the next element in the vec... (by vlad from moscow)
by Dizzy
Problem using Input data file and calculating mean. Please help :(

We would like to calculate the (biased) variance of an array inputted from array:dat by passing a function as a parameter. In the following program variance.cpp...
[3 replies] Last: Two comments: 1. You want to calculate the mean, variance, and sum of ... (by mutexe)
Using text File

Hi Folks, I'm trying to write a program where I can extract data from a text file, use it and then save it back to the text file. But I'm hitting a brick wall e...
[3 replies] Last: OPer moved thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/97664/ (by LB)
reverse a word

I created this program, yes. But I don 't understand how and why does it work? Why do I have to press enter only one time when I use "cin" in the loop? Logica...
[9 replies] Last: @Zereo nice, that looks simple @vlad Thank you for advice, but wh... (by uzferry)
comparing characters of string c programming

how to compare each character of a string using "if " ,"string " ("i" is a number of a sequence of hat string) c programming. the idea of the program is to giv...
[3 replies] Last: Another version #include <string.h> #include <stdio.h> int main() { ... (by Chervil)
by DiDiao
the struct size

#include <iostream> using namespace std; struct s { int *a,b; char c; }; int main() { s s1; cout << sizeof(s1) << endl; return...
[7 replies] Last: I think that the codeblocks has integers of size 8. As for codepad.org... (by vlad from moscow)
by klay2
text based rougelike help with load function

loading save files wont work p.s. don't have save function contents of text file are EXACTALY as follows: 5 5 //end of text file #include <...
[2 replies] Last: I thought I did do that can you show me??? and what else do I use for ... (by klay2)
by Tomsta
How make my player jump

Basically i'm makign a game for a uni assignment, however i can't work out how to get the player to jump (Making a platformer), unfortunatley trying to explain ...
[2 replies] Last: that is what i was thinking, i should add the fact that i'm using SFML... (by Tomsta)
OpenGL for Windows 8

Hey Guys, I recently got a new laptop and it has been cursed with the affliction that is Windows 8. I've tried to reinstall Windows 7 on it but to no avail. ...
[8 replies] Last: Maybe reinstall the Windows SDK, or find where it is currently install... (by AHCFan20)
What is good or bad here?

Hello, Below I will show you two sample codes. I heard there is bad habits and good habits of coding, which of these below are good habits, and bad habits. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the reply, I will now use as you recommend :) Dario (by Dario z)
I cannot get my program to compile. please help!!

[4 replies] Last: Changed Line 16 or the header file from void print(std::ostream& = std... (by thisGuy)
Function does not take arguments

Hey guys this is a very ruff work on a program that I am doing for my class. Generally I have to make a program to compute four different things. I also need to...
[1 reply] : What you want to do is pass the choice the user made in DisplayMenu() ... (by Fransje)
Need Some Help Please!!

I"m given a file with a name in the format of last name, first name middle name. I need to output the data in the format of first name middle name last name. So...
[1 reply] : #include<iostream> #include <sstream> #include<string> #include<fstre... (by cire)
Configure libtiff with visual studio 2010

Hi, I need to use libtiff library for Tiff processing. How can I configure libtiff with Visual Studio 2010? Thanks Kannan
[no replies]
Pointers

I am suppose to design a program using pointers that dynamically stores and then prints the user input. I keep getting an error when I run it. Can anyone help? ...
[6 replies] Last: Yes thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it! (by zoosterol)
Help

I can't figure out why I can't compile this program. Any help? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int ma...
[5 replies] Last: I think what DTSCode means is that at line 48, points_possible = p... (by crimsonzero2)
jumping multiple loops

Hi all, I have written a complex program, but I got stuck at some points. The program includes some calculations that are stored in 2D array eg. XXX . I gave ...
[no replies]
by Aybol
c++

hello everyone! i would be very greatful if someone could help me. my problem goes here... Area of the room Your task is to write a program that will fin...
[no replies]
April 2013 Pages: 1... 787980818283
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.