Beginners - April 2013 (Page 81)

linked list

so i have a program well you are creating a history of classes taken using linked lists and pointers were you prompt the user if they want to add a class includ...
[no replies]
char *env

I am having a problem with char *env and storing filename into char bufferFileName. Please help! int main(int argc, char** argv, char *env ) { //use...
[4 replies] Last: thank you! so I dont even need a loop. just strncpy(fileNameBuff, argv... (by SoftDisk)
Displaying a text picture

Hello, I'm going to make a game, and I'm having some trouble. I'm trying to cout a picture of a car... here is my script. #include <iostream> using ...
[1 reply] : Try replacing every \ with \\ . This should "escape" the backslashe... (by ausairman)
by adrem7
Seg Fault 11

I have a seg fault on this piece of code and don't know really what from, I am trying to work out how to use/understand valgrind at the moment, but wondered if ...
[no replies]
Can't input "win" or "tie" in tic-tac-toe

Hi I have a tic-tac-toe project for my basic c++ class. I am at a good start but I don't know how to code a win,tie, or a loss in it. here is my current code. R...
[3 replies] Last: uzferry, read the "Console closing down" thread before posting that ag... (by LB)
Trying to reverse a given word in a different way

Ok, the thing is, I have no idea how to do it legitimately with strings, cin etc., so I did it in twisted way.. the problem is I have to enter the word twice, I...
[12 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; template <class BN> void _s... (by Smac89)
by rgork
How do pointers inside a struct work?

So, I have the following: struct Example {string info, Data* data}; A class named Data incidentally. vector<Data> this; Now, the problem. The this-vector ha...
[13 replies] Last: You can't have a typedef with no alias. typedef union Data1 {/**/} /*... (by LB)
by tomazi
Calculating points distance (application freezes)

Hello people...! Got a rather odd question but it is really stooping my development. I am calculating a distance between two points for two separate cente...
[2 replies] Last: goshhhhhhhhh HEHE thank you so much Not to sure how i didn't spot this... (by tomazi)
by Pebble
Function Pointer

I'm trying to a change the value of a variable inside the function via a pointer. But nothing i try seem's to work. The error i'm getting is: G:\DCSTemp\n...
[4 replies] Last: Thank's vlad. (by Pebble)
Doing a binary search with Linked Lists?

I'm doing a word sensor program with linked lists. I have message and dictionary .cpp/.h pairs linked together but I can only modify dictionary.cpp by adding/de...
[3 replies] Last: I can't seem to figure this one out and am stuck. Can anyone steer me ... (by lamentofking)
by am0n
a little help please (1,2,3)

Hello everyone, I have a little request, I know that many of you frown upon such things, but..I have nowhere else to turn, in short: if I don't pass this test I...
[43 replies] Last: The current code, that I've given in the previous post, sorts the numb... (by Catfish3)
Rate my "Dungeon Crawl"

Simple moving program. Is there a way to make it shorter? (I'm talking about that stuff in"define".. How to make computer remember my current location?) Also, ...
[4 replies] Last: I'm sorry, I really should have made myself more clear. As you proba... (by uzferry)
by Juha
CMD problem

Hi How can I open folders all .jpg files in the same time with CMD? All files start with different name, like 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg... dir *.jpg shows folder...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks:) (by Juha)
Merge Linked List segmentation fault (core dumped) error please help

This is my code. Everytime I attempted to run it it gives me a segmentation fault and the core dump error. Please help!!! #include<iostream> using namespac...
[4 replies] Last: I have not. But I already know where the crash occurs from ne555 answe... (by Arthur13)
`X' Is Not a Class or Template Error

Hi, LeafyCircuits here! Comp Specs OS: 2002 Windows XP Service Pack 3, Media Center Edition Compiler: GNU gcc with 2011 C++ IDE: Dev C++ with ISO and STL ...
[5 replies] Last: @cire i misread fg109s post wrong and did that to "correct him". when ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Cannot Open Output File..

This is the Gyazo displaying the on-screen issue itself: http://gyazo.com/96e1d2a65a0c39774d7ea08f0aa57a18.png?1364833634 The code itself I believe is fine, ...
[4 replies] Last: .oi: ¿why the idea of posting images? you do not have a graphic issue... (by ne555)
HELP

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int n=1, a, x; do { cout << "*"; do { for(a=1;a<=1;a++) ...
[6 replies] Last: Not to mention he is teaching him to use system("pause"); :(. Never ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Need some help

i need to write a program that takes info from a txt file and prints out the info in a chart form with the roomname, numadults, numchild, roomtype, roomcost, me...
[2 replies] Last: but this program is not supposed to use functions. it is just supposed... (by Jacob Neubert)
Calculator Question - Expressions

Hey everyone, so I have a assignment due that is asking me to complete a fully working calculator that runs in the command console. The assignment only requires...
[no replies]
Putting strings into a file

I have an assignment for my programming class where I need to take an existing text file, extract each line individually, sort them in alphabetical order, and t...
[4 replies] Last: It can not be replaced with just "int" because "int" is signed and siz... (by LB)
April 2013 Pages: 1... 7980818283
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.