Beginners - April 2014 (Page 2)

by Puggly
Functions

I am trying to write a program that will output the prime numbers between two numbers 1 and 2 using a function. If anyone can offer some pseudo code or code for...
[9 replies] Last: I made this code for you to understand. First, you need to understand ... (by closed account 2AoiNwbp)
by h4ever
How to get content of Window?

I work with AHK which works with gdip via dllcall function. I am interested how to do this in C++ because I would try to adopt the code to AHK as dll calls. I ...
[no replies]
Do...While loop

Hello! Thank you for your response in advance.. My program is C++ and I use Codeblocks to run my code. My question is what am I doing wrong in my do while loop?...
[7 replies] Last: For loops are normally used where a fixed number of iterations are des... (by AbstractionAnon)
declaration/calling of function with an array

My problem lies with the declaration of the function and calling of the function. I've tried so many combinations but can't figure it out. Any help is appreciat...
[6 replies] Last: the function call does not execute when I run the program. The fu... (by AbstractionAnon)
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.

now, what the heck. sects discovered this site?
[8 replies] Last: Great, come in late on one day this week... miss out on meaning of li... (by cnoeval)
Song loop is crashing

My program keeps crashing, ive narrowed it down to a certain loop, but i cant figure out why its not working heres my loop for(int i = 0; i < num_tracks;...
[3 replies] Last: The String file is what my professor gave us, we had to write one ours... (by megascruples)
by Huppa
GPA, class & credit calculator

*Thanks
[2 replies] Last: warning: ‘grade’ is used uninitialized in this function warning: ... (by Peter87)
Counting the number of objects in a file

Suppose, I have written number of objects in a file.Each object contain different information. Those objects belong to different classes. Now before reading, I...
[9 replies] Last: Your welcome. (by Codermik)
Help with scopes/function not called in tic tac toe code?

Hi! I've been having trouble all semester with knowing the scopes of different functions/variables and I have a particular question on one instance in my tic ta...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you so much, Peter! :D It is much appreciated. (by ECEsasha)
Problem with my array

In the code I wrote below, when a user selects "See Order" it only works some of the time. It also only adds something to an order some of the time. Says that ...
[1 reply] : Hi You need to ensure that you initialize all variables, either when ... (by oonaghd)
arrays and strings

Can some one help me with this.I have a project and I have a file with the list off all the presidents from Washington to Obama it looks like WASHINGTON,GEORG...
[1 reply] : Hi You haven't read a line in from the file. You need to do somethin... (by oonaghd)
Selection sort a dynamically allocated array

I can't figure out why my sorting is not working. The array reads in the values correctly before the selection sort function call, but when the function is call...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, it worked! (by akrikorian85)
lvalue and rvalue

Hi, Is an lvalue any expresion that say, could be to the left of the assignment operator, and a rvalue to the right (whose value cannot be modified)? is that...
[10 replies] Last: Ahhhh! Now I understand! It is much more clear now you've explained wi... (by closed account 2AoiNwbp)
How do you read a string for characters to pass through a couple functions?

Hello, I am very new to programming and I could use a little help! Our professor asked us to write a program taht reads a string and outputs the number of times...
[2 replies] Last: First off, I would like to say thank you soo much for helping me out! ... (by cogplaywow)
Average, Highest Value and Lowest Value (2D Array)

Ok, so here it goes. I'm awful at C++. I can't seem to really grasp it on my own and have talked to a lot former C++ students in hopes that I will learn somethi...
[1 reply] : how to obtain the average per row Sum all values in single row and d... (by MiiNiPaa)
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock completed but need help closing program

I've been taking this C++ course, I like it; however, there are still some things that I can't figure out. I created this game for an assignment. Rock, Paper,...
[8 replies] Last: //Prototype: int determineWinner(int, int); //Header: int determineW... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
A challenge for all you CompSci people

Just a nifty programming challenge for you guys. If you think you figured it out, post it on the comments! Define a class for a type called CounterType. An o...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=compscifordummies]These are all assumptions, first. Like the ... (by cire)
Help with passing a dynamic array pointer into a function

for my assignment I have to decrypt a .text message in three separate stages but my program is aborted and the core is dumped every time I try to use my functio...
[1 reply] : reverse_sentence claims to return a string . Where does it do that... (by cire)
Set Hot key for windows service

Hi It is my first time I want to develop a windows service in c++. At first I need to set a hot key for my service that whenever the combination is pushed a f...
[1 reply] : I found a lot of c++ answer here. but nobody answer my question!!!!!! ... (by RedSahba)
Memory leaks within a class constructor

Hi, I am a begginer dealing (trying to understand actually) dynamic memory. I took the following code from a book and try to see how it works, and I get memory ...
[10 replies] Last: I better make a simple test before making these kind of assupmtions. ... (by Peter87)
April 2014 Pages: 1234... 67
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.