Beginners - April 2014 (Page 66)

Validating

I have got a huge text file with thousands of rows and many columns. The first column is year.I want to write a piece of code in its own function validating tha...
[1 reply] : Post what you have already written and tried and someone will be able... (by Codermik)
Exception handling

OK, it runs at least. I put in proper input and it works great. If I put in a zero, it catches it as my negative number statement. If I put in a w, it also catc...
[2 replies] Last: You had two catch clauses on the same try block catching exceptions of... (by Cubbi)
by Kuma97
Are arrays worth?

I´m learning the basics of C++ and I reached Arrays Chapter, arrays are truly boring so I wanted to know if arays are needed in game design and what is really ...
[7 replies] Last: As others have said, arrays are horribly important (couldn't find anot... (by Stormboy)
sorting vector

Hi, I want to sort a vector<string> list alphabetically. How can I do that? for example I have a vector<string> with: apple alike add cat blue red l...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <algorithm> using na... (by raju8438)
user==gullible help with while loop

Hi. I'm extremely new to this. I'm trying to do the user==gullible exercise. This is the instruction. While( user == gullible ) Requires: variables, data typ...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you JLBorges. (by uchi240)
!Need Help! with mastermind game on c++ but with strings!!

I have this game i want to do, Mastermind. I guess you all know the game. But i wanna do it with string arrays instead of real numbers. But im stuck where i nee...
[no replies]
No title bar window

Hi how do I create a dialog box with no title bar In resource That looks something like this http://i.imgur.com/HDrd0.png
[15 replies] Last: Well, yes it is MFC, but it's very close to API... On the same site t... (by coder777)
Numbering lines inside a txt file

This is the code i have to display the files, but now i need help number each individual line inside the file.. . . can anyone help me? #include <iostream...
[12 replies] Last: You could also possibly use: for(int line = 1; std::getline(file, in... (by giblit)
recursive functions help

I am new to C++ and i am trying to create a recursive function that lists each individual digit in an integer and then provides the sum of those digits and ‘s...
[3 replies] Last: > create a recursive function that lists each individual digit in an ... (by JLBorges)
C and C++

Ive been learning C++ the last couple of days and I found one guy on youtube that explains it a partiular way I understand. Ive gone through all his C++ videos ...
[2 replies] Last: C won't give you advanced knowledge, but it will give you foundational... (by Smac89)
by Havel
Vector and fstream problems - visual studio

Thank you for the insight James, I have it working 95% after staring at it for an hour.
[5 replies] Last: The text file reads: 5 4 0 7 7 1 7 8 0 0 6 9 4 4 9 1 3 9 2 8 3 7 2 7 ... (by Havel)
by Imaxpr
Student

Write your question here. I keep gettin an error and can not find it. Need help Thanks. 1>c:\users\max\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\mi primer proyect...
[6 replies] Last: I suggest you to use codeblocks... there is easier to see/understand t... (by dualdark)
Stuck finding coordinates on a bidimensional array

Hi everyone. Im stuck (again) with this code, i need to determinate the coordinatesof the highest number introduced on the matrix. I can't figure out how to do ...
[2 replies] Last: yep... i just figured out minutes after i posted this... the thing is.... (by dualdark)
Accessing private Data from one class in another class?

I'm in computer science and my teacher want's us to make a Knight jousting game but he wants us to have a weapon class and a knight class. In the knight class w...
[6 replies] Last: so I figured out my problem and fixed it. This is what I did bool K... (by liquifiednate)
array duplicates

hi, i need to create a 1D array of numbers and print them as they are entered, however the number should only be printed if it is not a duplicate already in the...
[6 replies] Last: value is the number u want to search in the array size is the size of... (by nvrmnd)
JAM Agent programming (URGENT)

I'm trying to implement a simulated robot in JAM agent that as the ability to walk through the room. The starting position is (0,0) and exit position is (7,6)....
[no replies]
recursive functions help please

I am new to C++ and i am trying to create a recursive function that lists each individual digit in an integer and then provides the sum of those digits and ‘s...
[1 reply] : prog.cpp:14:33: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference ... (by wildblue)
Change Project Need Help

I got this project in class and it works for the most part but there is one issues I have been fiddling around with for about 3 hours now and can't quite seem ...
[14 replies] Last: Let's say I need to give back 87 cents. What's the maximum number of q... (by wildblue)
please help me complete this

this is my homework: please help me finish this. Write a program that reads from a file (with variable number of records) student names and the grades for 2 ...
[2 replies] Last: Indenting your code is also helpful :-) (by Codermik)
by boodii
Advice please~

Hello~~ I am completely new to programming and I was just lazy to start even though I was really interested, so I forced myself into a C++ course even though m...
[3 replies] Last: Ive not personally used code blocks and always used visual studio but ... (by Codermik)
April 2014 Pages: 1... 64656667
  Archived months: [mar2014] [may2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.