Beginners - April 2017

Don't understand the output

I am having trouble understanding why the output is the way it is on this program. This is an example for probably a similar question on my final and I figure i...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much that helps immensely! It's a lot easier to visuali... (by Saibachick)
Hash Table Help (Insertion)

I am working on a problem in which I need to read from one hashtable and insert it into another using a new hash sum. Currently though I am not getting it to in...
[no replies]
Getting Error Message

I keep getting this error message argument of type "const char*" is incompatible with parameter of type "LPCWSTR" I want to create a directory if it doesnt al...
[1 reply] : I think you are using a UNICODE build in your project. "foo" is a cons... (by Thomas1965)
Huffman compressor (1,2)

Hello! I have made a huffman compressor and before moving on to making the decompressor i wanted to ask a few questions about the design: -i broke the compre...
[39 replies] Last: Well thanks for helping me out this long i have finished the compresso... (by globaltourist)
simple program does't work

Hello, my program does't seem to be working. It was supposed to write how many times the inserted name was used in the txt document. I think that the problem mi...
[3 replies] Last: Hey. You are not comparing a string to an array. You are comparing a ... (by TarikNeaj)
Vector of Class type compile issue

Hello, I am fairly new to c++ and I am writing a program that should build a Person class where the data for each person is stored in a vector with class type ...
[2 replies] Last: Very informative answer. Better yet, it compiled! I understand where I... (by Snoogis)
Summing a 2D array's columns

I'm trying to sum the first 4 columns of a 2D array but I keep getting the wrong answer. I'm pulling the 2D array data from a file then making a nested for loop...
[3 replies] Last: That fixed it! Thanks so much, you're a life saver! My logic was that ... (by DwestSti)
I am having trouble with polymorphism

I think my classes were coded correctly. I cannot change "User.cpp". I think I have an issue with my pointers, I am not 100% sure. The code takes a pre-in...
[1 reply] : const class Shape … const class Circle … //... const qualifier... (by gunnerfunner)
How do I pass even numbers of an array into another array.

I'm tasked with writing a function that will identify all the even numbers in an sample array {10,2,9,3,1,98,8] and place them in an array called EvenNumbers. I...
[2 replies] Last: std::copy_if() might be a 'modern' C++ approach with all its attendant... (by gunnerfunner)
Account program,files are separated, using class, and exception handling

I having a error, the program is not able to run. I'm using Xcode. the error say " linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)". At first ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, is working now. (by shiHear)
Product of digits of a number using a nested loop

Hi. I think I solved an exercise with the following statement: "Write a code to calculate the product of digits of a given number inserted by keyboard. You must...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you JLBorges. I removed product==1. I am taking a course of C/... (by JorgeChemE)
by irize
Is it "ok" to store elements in an array this way?

The reason why i want to do this instead of a vector or any other easier solutions isn't important. Someone told me that it's not ideal, because if a variable r...
[4 replies] Last: if a variable reallocates it's memory address, what is this suppose... (by gunnerfunner)
by mboros
Clang failing to compile code containing throw

I've been going through the book "Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup, and in Chapter 9 he has code for a Date class throwing e...
[4 replies] Last: Wow, I feel dumb. Thank you, it's compiling now. (by mboros)
printing a list after using a bubbleSort

Trying to run a bubble sort on a simple, small list of 7 names from a text file read in, stored as string values. It seems to have sorted the list correctly, b...
[8 replies] Last: Okay, the problem isn't that each name has a newline after it: it's th... (by dhayden)
by alfers
[displaying a graph on UDOObuntu 2.1 on an UDOO quad]

Hello there C community :D I have entered a competition on embedded programming and have been tasked with displaying an oriented graph that represents the traf...
[no replies]
data parse

please help! Inside of my project I need to get data from file and put in in array.here is file -> D306 Capacity 32 1 1 3 5 2 3 4 2 4 5 ...
[2 replies] Last: Not sure about what you meant over there but it looks like your stream... (by benhart)
Help me please C++ Tic tac toe

Hello, I am Mew new to c++ Can someone help me my younger sister make tic tac toe project. she ask me for help but i don't know . i want to teach her can anyon...
[no replies]
PARKING TICKET SIMULATOR

So here's the thing...I'm working on a program called Parking Ticket Simulator, but for reasons that I cannot grasp, the program isn't running properly...I will...
[1 reply] : Please remove your multiple posts http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/gener... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Vector of strings lab help

Hello, I'm pretty lost on how to approach an assignment for my class. I'm a new CS student and I'm having a hard time understanding the set up. This is it: Cre...
[3 replies] Last: lexicon = tolower(lexicon ); variable lexicon's type is std::vecto... (by gunnerfunner)
Two Dem Button Array Population

I have a 100 buttons that I have already have created they are button1, button2 and so on. I have created a two dem button array. I was wondering what would be ...
[2 replies] Last:  have a 100 buttons that I have already have created in what sort ... (by gunnerfunner)
April 2017 Pages: 123... 34
  Archived months: [mar2017] [may2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.