Beginners - August 2012 (Page 2)

by Ch1156
Problem (1,2)

Ok, i was doing well but my program is big and i got confused, im not sure what is wrong. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using nam...
[30 replies] Last: OR, i was learning about child and parent classes, i think there calle... (by Ch1156)
is this unconventional or bad form?

Hey everyone, I've been working on a text analysis program for personal practice and I came across a problem. I was able to solve the problem and it compile...
[15 replies] Last: Wow thanks a lot LowestOne! It's not impossible at all, in fact I did... (by RastaWolf)
by bxdin
Help fix pop_back function for int vector

The 3rd to last line is reporting the incorrect size. #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; class Vector { //member variables private...
[1 reply] : Look at line 32 and 69 then report what you find. (by Anthony Hernandez)
by CppJim
Inputed String to Int Variable Help

Hello, I am working on this program to store 5 strings and turn them into variables, And then running them through the MAD (Mean, Absolute, Deviation) equat...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, Right now the User inputs five numbers and then a While Loop, ... (by CppJim)
by gunnac
Random Number Generation

Hello I am new here and I have a problem... I have tried to write a random addition problem generator and my rand()'s always produce 8 for the first number and...
[5 replies] Last: Anyway is there any chance this is a new development No. All pRNG... (by Disch)
Comparing in 2d Arrays

Here's part of my code: bool isMagic (int magic , const int row, const int col) { int originalSum = 0, currentSum; bool result = true; // A...
[4 replies] Last: int i; int sumr0 = 0, sumc0 = 0, sumd = 0; for (i = 0; i < 4; i++) { ... (by ToniAz)
by ar123
Using char as record

Hello, I would like to be able to use a char instead of an int to store the record (variable n) for this program: // Random_Access_Write.cpp : Defines the entr...
[3 replies] Last: May someone please help? I have until tomorrow to finish this. I tried... (by ar123)
Save to *.csv from consol

I am trying to figure out how to save values from my program to a *.csv -file wich can be read and altered by other programs. I did find somewhere a cin look...
[1 reply] : Use std::fstream (by vlad from moscow)
What do I benefit from using cin.ignore();

I am sorta in about my 2nd week of C++ and using tutorials to teach myself programing. I came across a site that is using cin.ignore(); to ignore the "enter key...
[2 replies] Last: cool, I guess that makes it simple. I am gonna try to use this now on ... (by afonze30)
Help? Circular Dependency error

Okay so we have a project where we need to have a list of clients for a consulting firm: For Clientand Business Type Acme Construction, Machinery design, Johnso...
[3 replies] Last: OK. The compilation errors have to do with the BubbleSort function. F... (by soranz)
decimals

if I wanted to take the blow and produce 3.0000001, what would I define c as ??? ??? c = 5.0 - 1.9999999;
[4 replies] Last: I should be able to do it without the setprecision. idk.. frustrati... (by rkstengel)
Debugger does not stop at breakpoint at specific loop in code

Hello everyone I am working on Ubuntu 12.04 with Code::Blocks and the GNU GCC Compiler. The program (or part thereof) that I am writing is supposed to re...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, thanks for your reply. I have set the breakpoints on virtually an... (by LouisPhilippe)
math not showing 2 digits

I am trying to multiply two numbers short totalSharesPurchased = 1024, stockPurchasePrice = 39034.88, stockSalePrice = 22374.40; short gain_los...
[5 replies] Last: That looks good. New to c++ and in beginning class so have not leaned... (by rkstengel)
How to call a function from another class

Hello. I have 2 classes. The first one has in it a getfunction which returns a name and I am trying to call that function from the second class. The first c...
[3 replies] Last: It doesn't have anything to do with where you are calling it from. (by Athar)
size of pointer variable

#include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char *p; cout<<"size of:"<<sizeof(*p)<<" and "<<sizeof(p); cin.get(); return 0; ...
[5 replies] Last: @Script Coder @vlad is that because the class uses 32 bytes to store... (by vlad from moscow)
Help please....ipo chart

Hello I am new member in the forum... i would like to get some help please..here is the problem A contractor needs a program that calculates and displa...
[7 replies] Last: Use pseudocode/algorithm just (by clavier)
Magic Sqaure -- sum of diagonals help

Here's part of my code so far: void main () { int magic ; //call functions getData( magic, row , col); double Determine = isMagic (magic, r...
[4 replies] Last: I was thinking about it and I'm sure you do the same thing as for (... (by Anthony Hernandez)
Anagram program .

Hi I am trying an Anagram program in c++. Anagram : Two words are said to be anagrams of each other if the letters from one word can be rearranged to form th...
[7 replies] Last: Hi, This program works : #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> us... (by srikanth chitturi)
Declaring variable for use across multiple files.

Disclaimer: Noob question I've decided to dive right into playing with code, no real prior coding experience. I'm using SFML to handle all the low-level stuff,...
[3 replies] Last: BTW, doing this is not something you want to be doing. It should be av... (by blueberry)
Interpretation help please

I need to write a program in labview that will read data from .mzml files. Here is the code snippet that writes the files, converting an array of numbers into a...
[no replies]
August 2012 Pages: 1234... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.