Beginners - August 2012 (Page 41)

how to check if number is integer?

Hi, how do you check if a number inputted by cin object is a integer? If it's a double then i want it to spit out an error and ask me to input another number. ...
[16 replies] Last: I like to use something like this: #include <iostream> #include <ss... (by MetalMilitia)
Alternative to Make?

Does there exist an alternative to GNU Make that can handle spaces in target names and file names? In this day and age, it doesn't seem like there's any excu...
[14 replies] Last: moorecm: The difference is that the use of spaces is a personal prefer... (by codaraxis)
by xChapx
What do i need to make a 2d simple game

i know the basics of c++ and i want to make a simple game with graphics but i dont know here to start i use codeblocks to write the code bu ti dont know how to ...
[1 reply] : You'll need a library like SFML, SDL, etc. I recommend SFML: http://s... (by firedraco)
cant figure out how to stop my do while.

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int main() { int choice; int compchoice = (rand()%2)+1; cout << " *----...
[4 replies] Last: works thanks very much had a sub in this unit and he didnt teach us an... (by ryan waltz)
Code::Blocks

I am using the Code::Blocks MinGW compiler to work on my beginner, entry-level programs,and when I try to put in my standard #includes and my using namebase and...
[4 replies] Last: More than likely it's just a bad installer. I'm not 100% sure what you... (by Volatile Pulse)
What does cout << cin.get() ; do?

What does cout << cin.get() ; do? When I enter 22 for example. It outputs 50. Why? how does this work?
[6 replies] Last: Yes, it worked. Thanks so much for the help. (by Zerpent)
by h4344
Where can you learn to program with the Windows API?

Are there any good online tutorials that teach you how to program with the Windows API? Everything i find is always about GUI's. Im fine with just working with ...
[8 replies] Last: Alright. I guess I was just curious =) (by Disch)
Sorting Netpay Using Array of Pointers?

So I'm digging deeper into my payroll program and learning new things as I go. Last thing I did was find the average netpay of my employees from my input file ...
[12 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include<fstream>//file input output stream using... (by LaC0saNostra)
What do these mean

i see sometimes something like Print("%d", V_var) and some with "%s" what do the %s %d %d%% mean
[2 replies] Last: ty thats perfect <3 you! (by snaxpax)
new confusion spawned by -Weffc++

I once read that "the only valid result of true research is to create two questions where there was previously only one." This is brought home to me once again...
[3 replies] Last: Note that in C++11, this is now the preferred way to "delete" a functi... (by Athar)
Loop program to start from top again

I looked around but Im having trouble trying to make my program run again, it draws a diamond, I want it to run over and over again asking the user to put in an...
[3 replies] Last: you also miss } at line 57 (by gelatine)
Simple problem

Hello! I have this code below: #include<iostream> #include<cstdlib> #include<cstring> #include<cctype> using namespace std; int main() { char x ,...
[6 replies] Last: That's right! It works perfectly! Thank you everybody! (by CosminNTG)
by cacti
Game Loops involving kbhit() and getch()

hey folks, I am trying to get a key input to repeat itself in my game loop and I cant seem to figure it out. Simple controls, w,s,a,and d for movement. In my...
[no replies]
recursive blob counter

I've been working on this program that is supposed to count the number of blobs in a text file using a recursive function and print out the number of total blob...
[1 reply] : I'm working on the same problem right now. My recursive function looks... (by ZWB4RR)
by dancks
array returned by function causing malloc error?

I read a thread on here, I don't remember which but that you can pass an array from a function, in retrospect I should've just rewrote the function so this isn'...
[4 replies] Last: ne555 figured it out in the other thread. sorry for duplicate thread (by dancks)
by dancks
segfault on array?

OK so I'll get right to it: unsigned long* collisionhandler::checkpellethit(int good, int *n) { *n=0; unsigned long *dead = new unsigned long[weapons...
[4 replies] Last: ok yeah I introduced another variable to use instead of *n. Thanks ne5... (by dancks)
Uses of C++

First of all, hello, this is my first post at these forums. I am learning the C++ syntax and its OOP at the moment. It is my first non-game specific programm...
[2 replies] Last: How many uses are there for C++? Limited only by your skill and ima... (by AbstractionAnon)
problems with initialization of class variables

This is embarrassing, but I'm having repeated problems with un-initialized variables! In the old days, whenever I allocated a struct, I would start out by ju...
[6 replies] Last: OH My!!!! Thank you, Athar! That (-Weffc++)works perfectly!! I ag... (by Gorlash)
by h4344
Why does this char array do this?

Ok so ive never read any tutorials or info on this topic so it was just something i was trying out but how come when i use "word " on the input and output the o...
[2 replies] Last: * Face palm* my bad i should have easily realized why the input and ou... (by h4344)
i need help with while loop

Ok so I need to create a string data while loop that just repeats what you type.But I need it to only loop a certain number of times. like say 8 times I have no...
[2 replies] Last: int N=0; while(N<8){ N++; // do stuff here } here... (by Silvestar)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 3940414243... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.