Beginners - August 2012 (Page 41)

by ozza
Runtime Error

Hi I'm new to C++ and working on a password protection program, I found the basic framework for a u...
[10 replies] Last: Once again, solved. Just removed the entire else if(!isprint(c)){ ... (by ozza)
How can I find the largest number in loops? (1,2,3)

I'm making a program that determines the largest number from the 10 loops. How can I make it determi...
[43 replies] Last: @ Volatile: I'm no kid.... Well I'm a teenager.... Most of your post h... (by DetectiveRawr)
Blackjack Game help

I need a lot of help on this one. This is my last assignment and I am having some trouble with it. I...
[8 replies] Last: The reason it is printing 00 is because you are printing the face valu... (by James2250)
by chief
stumped about getline

Hello everyone. So I'm having a slight problem at line 128. I call a set function to try and se...
[7 replies] Last: cin.clear() never clears the buffer. All it does it clear any errors t... (by firedraco)
array jibberish

So everyone knows when you try to print something in an array that doesnt belong, the screen prints ...
[3 replies] Last: Greatly appreciate your help, the both of you! Program works efficient... (by algoRichard)
Modifiable expression error?!

the count of the if statement says that "expression must be modifiable"...what does that mean? my fo...
[6 replies] Last: Because of what was stated before, you need to remove the semicolo, ';... (by Volatile Pulse)
If problem

I am writing a cylinder calculator to determine volume and surface area, but I am getting a problem ...
[3 replies] Last: What about the call to main(). Very bad news. The if in function end... (by TheIdeasMan)
While loop broken?

So when i activate the loop it sprays out a non ending list of 1's it should print n1 to n2 but its...
[2 replies] Last: Oh... how embarassing.... (by ryanvkeller)
how to check if number is integer?

Hi, how do you check if a number inputted by cin object is a integer? If it's a double then i want i...
[16 replies] Last: I like to use something like this: #include <iostream> #include <ss... (by MetalMilitia)
Alternative to Make?

Does there exist an alternative to GNU Make that can handle spaces in target names and file names? ...
[14 replies] Last: moorecm: The difference is that the use of spaces is a personal prefer... (by codaraxis)
by xChapx
What do i need to make a 2d simple game

i know the basics of c++ and i want to make a simple game with graphics but i dont know here to star...
[1 reply] : You'll need a library like SFML, SDL, etc. I recommend SFML: http://s... (by firedraco)
cant figure out how to stop my do while.

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int main() { int choice; i...
[4 replies] Last: works thanks very much had a sub in this unit and he didnt teach us an... (by ryan waltz)
Code::Blocks

I am using the Code::Blocks MinGW compiler to work on my beginner, entry-level programs,and when I t...
[4 replies] Last: More than likely it's just a bad installer. I'm not 100% sure what you... (by Volatile Pulse)
What does cout << cin.get() ; do?

What does cout << cin.get() ; do? When I enter 22 for example. It outputs 50. Why? how does this ...
[6 replies] Last: Yes, it worked. Thanks so much for the help. (by Zerpent)
by h4344
Where can you learn to program with the Windows API?

Are there any good online tutorials that teach you how to program with the Windows API? Everything i...
[8 replies] Last: Alright. I guess I was just curious =) (by Disch)
Sorting Netpay Using Array of Pointers?

So I'm digging deeper into my payroll program and learning new things as I go. Last thing I did was...
[12 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include<fstream>//file input output stream using... (by LaC0saNostra)
What do these mean

i see sometimes something like Print("%d", V_var) and some with "%s" what do the %s %d %d%%...
[2 replies] Last: ty thats perfect <3 you! (by snaxpax)
new confusion spawned by -Weffc++

I once read that "the only valid result of true research is to create two questions where there was ...
[3 replies] Last: Note that in C++11, this is now the preferred way to "delete" a functi... (by Athar)
Loop program to start from top again

I looked around but Im having trouble trying to make my program run again, it draws a diamond, I wan...
[3 replies] Last: you also miss } at line 57 (by gelatine)
Simple problem

Hello! I have this code below: #include<iostream> #include<cstdlib> #include<cstring> #include<...
[6 replies] Last: That's right! It works perfectly! Thank you everybody! (by CosminNTG)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 3940414243... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.