Beginners - August 2012 (Page 43)

by ar9jun
while loop with || wont work

Hey! I'm working on a practice program and i ran into a problem! I've looked around , and i'm pretty sure that this should work, but i really can't figure out w...
[4 replies] Last: It works now! Thank you very much! But if you don't mind me asking, I ... (by ar9jun)
putting two integers in incremental order

Hey peeps. we were given this probe: The program prompts the user to enter any to integers. The two integers must be displayed in incremental order. A cal...
[3 replies] Last: I didn't really understand a single word of what you said, but here ar... (by Athar)
Passing reference of current object as a parameter

I am trying to pass the reference of the current object as a parameter but cannot seem to find the proper syntax. Anyone got any idea?
[7 replies] Last: Correction, it does work, I had accidentally included loop.cpp within ... (by vckngs7)
simple #include question

I should know this by now, but... Let's you have three classes A and B and C. For files you have A.h, A.cpp, B.h, B.cpp, C.h and C.cpp. I want to #includ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys. I should have searched a little harder. For anyone who ... (by LittleStudios)
by vodka
Char pointers clarification

Hi guys, I`m trying really hard to understand pointers and especially char pointers, but I have 3 questions and 1 example, that my brain simply can`t underst...
[2 replies] Last: Very clear now (surprised how easy it was, and I spent days) Thanks V... (by vodka)
by kethgr
Compiles successfully but program crashes (sometimes)

Hi everyone. I have a program that compiles successfully and runs fine for the most part. The first thing the program does is declares a class object to invok...
[4 replies] Last: I'm using Visual C++ 2010 Express on Windows 7. Unfortunately I'm real... (by kethgr)
by suli
compiler

i'm "totally new". I need to know the compiler and where can I download it.? Please
[10 replies] Last: I agree with that strongly Volatile. But when i was new to c++ i start... (by stoffe1100)
unsigned char vector contents write to file

how do i write the contents of an unsigned char vector to a file. i get some output but its not the contents of the file. vector<unsigned char> bufferType;...
[2 replies] Last: some other function was overwriting the contents of my vector and it w... (by rafae11)
Template-id does not match any template declaration

Hi, I'm having some conceptual misunderstanding with this: ... template <typename T> // or class T const T MaxN(T* pt, int n); template <> const cha...
[2 replies] Last: Arg, I get the point. So it's true it really doesn't match the templat... (by Kurospidey)
matching pattern

... can i ask some sample code of matching pattern? can you help me?
[1 reply] : http://softwareramblings.com/2008/07/regular-expressions-in-c.html (by Moschops)
Troubles Creating a Program in C++ with Console Input Using Loops

I have an assignment that requires creating a diving competition scoring program. First, it requires creating a loop that prompts the user to input into the con...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, for all the productive feedback. You have identified many of t... (by lvartist70)
Adding two 2x2 matrices in a c++

Hi; I wrote the following code, But the answer does not properly!!!! Please Help Me. #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; voi...
[2 replies] Last: asheykh, It would better to put the input from cin into it's own var... (by TheIdeasMan)
by ar9jun
Variable that shouldnt increase, increases

I'm trying out a practice program from a textbook where I have to take weight, height and age and then return the waist size by a given formula, but i'm having ...
[3 replies] Last: of course! thank you very much!! it works now =D (by ar9jun)
by kalkas
Object^ and const char*

Hi, Here's the problem. I got this piece of code: Object^ myObj = gcnew Object(); myObj = "Something"; myForm->myList->Items->Add(myObj); And i...
[2 replies] Last: Yes I tried that and did not worked. But I figured a solution. I disc... (by kalkas)
"String Subscript Out of Range" Error?

Hello, I am working on a project and I have run into a slight error. I am setting up an array to spit out the ICAO words for a given string. (Ex. Input = "GO" ...
[2 replies] Last: I DID forget that! It works perfectly now. Thank you so much! :) (by ThatOtherGuy)
Help Hotkey Delays

So i wanted to create a hotkey for a specific function but i need this to react as quickly as possible but noticed a very small delay. I was told it was the met...
[1 reply] : bump (by snaxpax)
by SamuR
2 vectors with pointers, one having negative size and capacity?

Hi folks. I'm on a project for college where I'm creating a 2D platform game using SDL. My knowledge of C++ is quite limited thou and I have run into somethi...
[2 replies] Last: Got it. Seems it was something related to the creation of the images f... (by SamuR)
by bitani
How to Continue Learning

This is a question that's been bothering me for quite a while, as I've never really finished reading a programming book/kept with one for a long time. But I fin...
[2 replies] Last: Get real work experience and continue reading more books. (by moorecm)
Filter Class using Composition

I need some help completing my Homework Please. I am attaching what I have with my compiler errors. DriverFile.cpp #include "Capacitor.h" #include <conio.h> #...
[16 replies] Last: I need to declare 'filename' in my header file, right? Or can I declar... (by treyriggins)
by Chubbs
Strings using For loops

Hello, I have an assignment that asks for input from the user call it "search". Then using a for loop, keep getting input from the users until the words match...
[3 replies] Last: int main() { string a, b; cin >> b; int count; for(... (by ToniAz)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 4142434445
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.