Beginners - August 2012 (Page 44)

Creating folders c++

Hello, I'd like to create a program that's gonna contain a large amount of text. I think it might be a good idea to write text elsewhere and take it into pro...
[2 replies] Last: Look up mkdir() in stdlib.h (by ToniAz)
Assigning data to multiple classes with many types

Hello, let's say I want to create program that creates library: //It's an example code; It's not designed to compile, but rather to show my thoughts, show ...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, that would work. I didn't try it to be honest but I believe it do... (by ToniAz)
by CeTis
multimap iterator error

Ok so I've searched for quite some time trying to find an answer to this. I've found multiple things that are similar and tried all of them and haven't been abl...
[12 replies] Last: I guess the way I did it is somewhat dangerous. Make sure that itera... (by Lowest0ne)
by Vee
help?

So I working on HW: compiling errors. So far I have come up with this #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; u...
[3 replies] Last: Don't get me started on the logic... we were given a template and just... (by Vee)
by kabuki
1's complement vs 2's complement

What is the difference between 1's complement and 2's complement? How is it used?
[1 reply] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ones%27_complement http://en.wikipedia.or... (by Athar)
trying to make a function that adds days to the current date

Aloha Everybody, I've been reading a lot about classes and object-oriented programming recently and I'm attempting to define a class called date with mult...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much NwN. I figured there was a much more straight f... (by RastaWolf)
no appropriate default constructor available

I have an assignment where I have to take an array of numbers and systematically arrange it so that certain numbers will only move at certain times. I haven't p...
[11 replies] Last: The types in line 21 are missing. Also, for lines like these: traffic... (by Athar)
ADDING IMAGES AND VIDEOS IN C++

Hello..I am new to opengl....I can make drawings on it now..I am wondering how can we actually add a picture or a video to a c++ program using opengl ? Any kind...
[1 reply] : Iam not a game programmer , just googled these term "add a picture or ... (by xordux)
by Owain
What is causing this access violation?

Hello, I am trying to write a function using cstdarg. My function will return true if a number of terms are found in order. E.G: searchTermsInOrder("hello every...
[5 replies] Last: Thankyou very much :) Its working perfectly now (by Owain)
Reading a Second Variable from a file

I'm trying to get information from a file and perform calculations with it, but the second float value is not reading properly. #include <iostream> #incl...
[4 replies] Last: You might be interested in strtok() from <cstring> .... (by closed account j2NvC542)
Combination list code

Hi, I cannot seem to find a piece of code that would give me this. Combinations with repetition (n=4, r=4) List has 35 entries. {r,r,r,r} {r,r,r,d} {r,r,...
[2 replies] Last: omg, I'm a retard, thanks :) (by spacelord)
Long Doubles Aren't Long Enough

Teaching myself C++ by doing various exercises from around the 'Net, and I came across Project Euler. Awesome site, but I'm stumped on even where to begin on a ...
[7 replies] Last: @ToniAz I had thought about that, maybe a multi-dimensional array, the... (by Onigato)
Setting condition for chars.

Hi guys. Thanks for the help earlier. But I have a new problem now. Based on the code , type y to repeat and n to cancel the problem. How can I make a condition...
[3 replies] Last: Alright guys. Thanks for the guidance. I'll try. (by bandos0h)
not declared in this scope

okay, so, generally, I know what that means, that I didn't declare the variable, but I'm using a bunch of classes, and I'm making a variable IN a constructor, I...
[3 replies] Last: Alright, so, now it runs, and stops working immediately. Which, honest... (by ziodice)
linkage between classes

I have a class that I wrote, which is working nicely; I'll call it PacketStorer. Now I want to convert other existing code into another class which utilizes th...
[6 replies] Last: Okay, thanks!! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other tec... (by Gorlash)
Need help on displaying factors of an input number in a decreasing order.

I still can't figure out how to display the factors backwards. Tried playing with the algorithms but ending up with errors. lol. Please someone help me. #incl...
[3 replies] Last: oh thanks alot lowestOne! got it workin now. @PanGalactic yeah. Anywa... (by bandos0h)
sqrt program not working right

So for my program im trying to make it tell you if a number is prime or not. But for some reason according to my program no numbers over five are prime..... whi...
[4 replies] Last: Ah! Didn't know that, Cubbi. Thanks. (by Disch)
How to use system() to call on a specific file

Suppose I have a file on the desktop that is example.txt . How would I call on that file?
[5 replies] Last: Try this system("mount C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop");... (by Akshit)
Function Overloading

Hello, I am completely lost and was hoping someone might be willing to help me. The part of the program I need to understand is... i am supposed to creat...
[2 replies] Last: Maybe in this case it is better to have one function with default argu... (by vlad from moscow)
Counting lines and reading contents

I am trying to read the contents from a file, while counting the amount of lines of the same. The input would be something like this: 17 18 19 10 28 92 10 ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the help! (by Kamaitachi)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 42434445
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.