Beginners - August 2012 (Page 5)

string of user input to int array[]

hello i'm looking for a way to store user input such as: 1 12 100 2 into an integer array that doesn't necessarily need to have a fixed size. my code so far: ...
[3 replies] Last: Say can store up to 4 integers, you can do this: cin >> a >> a >> a... (by ToniAz)
by dean
function pointers

Hi guys, I am receiving this error from the compiler: ../main.cpp:51: undefined reference to `ParallelVector::ptExecute' ../main.cpp:52: undefined referen...
[11 replies] Last: thank you all guys! (by dean)
by JackG
Call C++ from Cobol

Hello Experts, I am trying to call a C++ program from a Cobol program. I have searched all over for 3.5 weeks, and this is driving me crazy. I am running CYG...
[3 replies] Last: hey JackG, I do not how COBOL works, but you can verify if your progra... (by dean)
My "program" keeps crashing!! pls help!!

I tried to make a small "program" where a person moves around the screen and you control him, but every time i run it, it keeps crashing. Here is my source c...
[3 replies] Last: Use the debugger to isolate the problem function by using breakpoints ... (by soranz)
Call an image from the command prompt to use while coding at .cpp file

I am trying to load an image via just calling the filename. I searched to find out how to do that but unfortunately I could not. It might be really easy thing t...
[2 replies] Last: When you say load an image you must clarify your intentions. What do ... (by eypros)
Game help 2!

Hi, Sorry Im posting too much. But Ive reworked the code abit. If you have a compiler put it in and see how the program runs because im not sure how to describe...
[18 replies] Last: Wow Thanks Guys its actually working for me now!!!! You guys have help... (by Fallenfantasy182)
by Ch1156
cant figure this out.

I cant get my program to load the data in my program when i load the game, it jsut says welcom to #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fst...
[8 replies] Last: Nevermind i figured out the other problem too. (by Ch1156)
Where did I go wrong?

Hello, C++ community! I am new member to the site and new to the C++ language--or any language for that matter! Anyways, I don't have any prior knowledge t...
[3 replies] Last: Correct. Also, there's nothing wrong with declaring them with the oth... (by soranz)
Heisenbug

Greetings. I am experiencing a bug that is very frustrating to track down. My main way of tracking bugs is to put diagnostic output in the code. However...
[2 replies] Last: Hi there, Not sure which environment your coding in, but here's an ex... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
by Ch1156
Im a bit confused (1,2,3)

I remember asking this a long time ago but i forgot, i made a function that randomly chooses a sentance and the player must type it in exactly but i forget how ...
[42 replies] Last: Let's look at your two functions for save and load: void save(int &S... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
While Loop

I need to find odd numbers between 0-10 using a while loop. kindly show me a sample code for this. Can someone help me to learn while loop, do-while and for ...
[1 reply] : Easily ! http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ (by soranz)
by gerfy1
Text Game not working

My game is very bad and not hard but that's besides the point. I need to find a way to get the random animal that is chosen to loose health. I don't know how to...
[5 replies] Last: Hey. Sorry for the delay. To answer ur question it seems that line 8... (by soranz)
time complexity of sorting algorithm

I am a novice C++ programmer. Can any body tell me which one is more efficient- Merge sort or quick sort?
[1 reply] : it's depend on what kind of data you wanted to sort.... In generally q... (by HiteshVaghani1)
Online Tutorial vs. Quality Book

We are having a debate on another forum and a member is telling me online tutorials are much better than books. Well, I disagree with him. Books go into more de...
[4 replies] Last: I think online tutorials are a great source of material to self teach.... (by blueberry)
by samrux
String library or char* string?

What is better/more efficient and in what cases? String from the library or a char string (char*)?
[5 replies] Last: If all you need is to reference a string literal, without manipulating... (by Cubbi)
Could you explain how this works..?

I somewhat have an idea how it works. But is it really that easy to 'accidently' overwrite memory like that? That's not safe at all! #include <iostream> clas...
[8 replies] Last: Yeah. You can find out where the page starts by rounding down to the n... (by Athar)
trying to loop my entire program (while true)

Hey everyone, I'm trying to loop my entire program by encapsulating it in while true braces. At the end of int main(), I reset all variables and vectors t...
[5 replies] Last: yeah it works for me, I hope it doesn't work for me and only me lol. ... (by RastaWolf)
something wrong!!

void kbc::sce() // member function of class kbc { clrscr(); ifstream ifs("SCORE.TXT"); // a file stores score after game is played if(ifs.eof()) ...
[8 replies] Last: Because you didn't read the input. It remains in the buffer. You need ... (by ne555)
by samrux
Kongregate Hacks

1.-Some illegal stuff going on here. Reported. 2.-A guy in his first post saying he made something (very hard) and posting a download for it without any images,...
[no replies]
Problem with Visual C++

Hey all! This is probably a really basic problem, but it's one I'm having trouble resolving. I just started using Visual C++ 2010 Express, and I tried opening u...
[2 replies] Last: I don't use Visual C++, so I can't really tell, but you probably have ... (by samrux)
August 2012 Pages: 1... 34567... 45
  Archived months: [jul2012] [sep2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.