Beginners - August 2013

nputting values into an array, then finding the largest value in the array. my function is returning a random number

Hello all, I appreciate you taking the time to look at this. Basically what I need to do for this is to input up to 100 integers into an array and stop when the...
[3 replies] Last: Awesome, I should have seen that. Thank your for the input, it is grea... (by icee3x3)
Simple if statement question?

Hi, I am new to C++ and are teaching myself from a book and have come across this small and simple program(Below) and I understand 90% of it but just need some...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you Josue Molina . I understand it now, cheers. Luke.... (by SoftMOUNT)
Deleting a user inputted name from a vector

I have a class person, with a first name, last name...ect. The user is prompted a menu and I am having trouble with the option to delete a name. It seems the st...
[6 replies] Last: It is because before the statement with getline you used statement wit... (by vlad from moscow)
Each thread is runned by one CPU core?

I am currently learning to use C++11 threads. I wanted to see how many threads my hardware can support without causing worse performance in my program. I simpl...
[4 replies] Last: Not sure if you've heard of CUDA by Nvidia. It's not something you'd ... (by Stewbond)
Inserting in Linked List

Okay, I'd like to get some help in analyzing the insertion of linked lists. Let's say, your insert() inserts the newly created node at the "tail" of the list. I...
[4 replies] Last: A similar function _Bool InsertFirst( struct Node **start, int value... (by vlad from moscow)
no matching function call to...

Firtly, I would like to mention that I have searched through similar fourm topics with questions similar to mine but I have still not found a solution. My pr...
[4 replies] Last: The problem is that the main file sees only the definition of class fr... (by vlad from moscow)
New C++11 main function.

Hi I am currently trying C++11 in VS2013. I got a bit suprised when I saw the following main function: #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #inc...
[7 replies] Last: Cool thanks (by Stewbond)
How to expand past basic univ course

I took 1 semester of programming in college. It was in C++; the book was "Starting out with C++" by Tony Gaddis. I did well in the course, although I haven't p...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks. I'll look in to it. (by temetvince)
Does anyone want to create a C++/OpenGL game?

I have the basic window setup, keyboard input, a square which is the controllable character, a few rectangles which represent walls. http://i.imgur.com/DIG5A4g...
[10 replies] Last: I mean, I would love to do it. I know C++ and I am a CS major at Uni. ... (by Hambone)
by Exempt
Class design Input - Player classes

I'm trying to figure out a good way to handle input in a game. I thought about just have it as part of the player class even though it wouldn't be a good practi...
[no replies]
function in Composite design pattern

I have to do a function, addSubordinate. The specification of how to do the function is below: The addSubordinate method accepts a Worker object and assigns i...
[1 reply] : It is incorrect syntax Worker supervisor = object; First of all you... (by vlad from moscow)
Sqrt and divison with recursion

Hello guys! i want to make a calculator of addition/substitution/multiplication/division/power/square root only with recursion. I have made for +,-,* and ^...
[12 replies] Last: An interesting feature of this algorithm is that it converges very rap... (by Chervil)
by Ishtar
Best practice for following problem

Dear All I'm developing a scientific image processing application which will support all the major image formats. Fits, Tiff, BMP, PNG and JPEG etc. For variou...
[1 reply] : http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/libs/gil/doc/index.html (by JLBorges)
Unfixed multiplication table/ Looping Program

Hello, so i did the following code. What I want to do next is to make it unfixed so that I would be able to enter the area I want to start and area I want it to...
[3 replies] Last: For part two use a do/while loop. int main() { do { ... (by giblit)
redefining

Hello, I'm trying to get my .cpp files to interact with eachother using .h files. But everytime I try to compile it it says the variables are already defined...
[9 replies] Last: Extern solved the problem. Thanks alot. (by Staygold)
Minesweeper

Hello everyone i am in the steps of making a minesweeper game but first i got to do this program: #include<iostream> #include<string> using namespa...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, i now understand. Thank you very much for your help! (by fluture)
Something wrong with the output!

I want to edit the text file so it has more space between successive lines, but there are some weird characters also added at the beginning of the file, which ...
[4 replies] Last: ok.. thanx cire, for pointing out the simpler option. Didn't know tha... (by abhishekm71)
Finding a data in a linked list

Hi guys, I would just like to ask. If let's say, I had a list with the following elements: 1, 2, 4, 6, 3, 8 and I wanted to look for 6. I traverse the lis...
[3 replies] Last: If you need to delete all occurences of a value in the list then you c... (by vlad from moscow)
noob needs help with ++ operator

ok, i just need help understanding my compiler's methodology of analyzing this code. i know the "a++" increases the value of 'a' by 1. but i don't know why the ...
[6 replies] Last: What Disch said. [quote=SomeBook]Most operators do not specify the or... (by Codeez)
by Nedim1
How to create text buttons and use images as buttons in SFML

I'm trying to make a main menu using SFML, but I don't know how to make text buttons or using images as buttons.So how do I do that, and if someone could provid...
[no replies]
August 2013 Pages: 123... 51
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.