Beginners - August 2013 (Page 2)

quicksort partition algorithm

I am trying to code a partition quicksort but the problem here is at the output is in an infinite loop: the input : 4 3 5 7 2 the expected output : 2 3 4 5...
[1 reply] : Duplicate here: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/109642/ Please ... (by cire)
Looking for a nudge in the right direction...

Hello everyone, I was looking for some help with a program I am currently writing. I am to be given an input file with the following format: # of temperature r...
[3 replies] Last: Awesome, thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. It was o... (by Wunderlust2)
Help - Pointers

Hi, beginner over here. I just started out with pointers and I have simple of understanding of how pointers work, they basically point to the address of an obj...
[6 replies] Last: why does << operator treat char as string So that cout << "Some te... (by cire)
Vector of dynamic dimension

How do we create vectors of dynamic dimension like 2-dimensional vector, 3-dimensional, 4 dimensional...and so on where the dimension will only be determined at...
[9 replies] Last: http://www.fzibi.com/cchess/bitboards.htm http://chessprogramming.wiki... (by JLBorges)
quik question about the '|' sign

I know the that you can do someting like getSomething(ONE_THING | ANOTHER_THING); where you make use of the '|'. But how do is recieve and use those ...
[5 replies] Last: @vlad: Your example also works with ||. I think DutchMofo meant how to... (by S G H)
"string is not a member of std" error.

I do not understand why it gives me this error in the following code: #include "stdafx.h" #include "ZerpAlarm.h" #include <cstring> class ZerpAlarm final { ...
[5 replies] Last: Well, I started a new project and I use <string> again. Now it works. ... (by Zerpent)
by Hotice
Why is this causing a runaway consumption of memory

Pardon my choice of title, but I was curious as to why my program seems to have a runaway consumption of memory, especially when no dynamic memory was allocated...
[5 replies] Last: The program has the same runaway memory consumption effect even in a v... (by Hotice)
Help me expand my beginner program?

Okay well my code below works fine right now. It is a simple journal/diary program, after I create the entry, I can then read it when choosing "View Entries" i...
[3 replies] Last: What i was trying to say you is class Entry{ public: void setEntry(s... (by kulkarnisr)
return and return 0

what is the difference between return and return0 ? void merge_pass(float a ,int m ,int n){ int h; if(m!=n) { h=m+n/2; merge_pass(a,m,h); merge_pass(a,h+1...
[2 replies] Last: You won't understand the difference unless you are using multiple func... (by Venomcxx)
I need help im a beginner.

1.Create one 2-dimensional array. The array will consist of numbers from 1 to 10. And will also contain the number in words. Display the values of the 2-dimensi...
[3 replies] Last: Well I haven't done much of java but I would assume it is similar to c... (by giblit)
What's wrong in this wrong

What's wrong in this wrong? #include<iostream> using std::cout; using std::endl; #include<iomanip> using std::setw; int main() { int deck...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. Proplem solved (by zishanhyder)
My Simple Program Can't Add 2+2???

This one in mind boggling, I started with a much more complex program that was solving systems of non-linear equations and kept simplifying my code because I no...
[4 replies] Last: That was it, guys. Thanks so much. I will never forget my bread again.... (by AlabasterFox)
Broken number 10?

I have literally just started learning C++. Going through and doing semi guided lessons from a book. I ran into an issue within 10mins that I have absolutely no...
[6 replies] Last: Do you have the newest code::blocks? I never had a problem outputting ... (by giblit)
Exsel Sort

I have no idea what I'm doing. I do know that it compiles without error and does not sort. I really don't understand the concept well enough to know where the p...
[1 reply] : Indent your code properly, please. > it is probably within the swap f... (by ne555)
by giblit
Operator* Overloading

Would it be best to loop and multiply each time using the carry and remainder or to do something like this Integer& Integer::operator*=( const Integer &rhs ) ...
[6 replies] Last: Yeah I just noticed that =p thanks again. bool operator<( const Inte... (by giblit)
While Loop Code HELP ME!!

Hi Everyone! Can you help me do this program because i am a beginner. =) Here is the sample output: Enter Number: 5 Solution: 5 x 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 Result is...
[7 replies] Last: lol vlad. You're funny, and I approve. (by ciphermagi)
Header Files

I use xcode and there are some headerfiles not available. Where can i download header files?
[1 reply] : missing header files is an indication of a more serious problem relate... (by Disch)
Namespace syntax

I decided to play around with namespaces today. I made this function to test if "using namespace" was affected by scope, and it is, which might actually be help...
[6 replies] Last: No problem and you could have a collision like that when you "use" the... (by giblit)
std::string and std::cout

When including iostream I see a lot of other files being included aswell but I just don't understand this -> Why can I declare a string (std::string) but not in...
[8 replies] Last: Edit: I can't seem to find a compiler where it doesn't work. You mi... (by Cubbi)
Do - While Loop for "For" Multiplication Table

Hello. I need help regarding displaying a multiplication table for an inputted number. In the first input, I can get the program to display the table, but when ...
[14 replies] Last: Zenfire: Am I right that the pretest and posttest loops work th... (by IWishIKnew)
August 2013 Pages: 1234... 51
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.