Beginners - August 2013 (Page 50)

by akif13
The compiler stopped working

Hello guys. Do any of you know why my compiler stopped working when user try to input "Enter your choice based on the number" for the 2nd time. The 1st time it ...
[4 replies] Last: If I move delete PizzaHut outside while and put "Would you like to ...... (by akif13)
file pointers

If you have a pointer to a file/file stream like this: ifstream *file. do you open and close a file like this: file->open("Input.txt"); file-> close(); ...
[7 replies] Last: You print no newlines so the whole file will be printed on one line. (by Peter87)
How to init Sprite Object array

Hi guyz I wanted to know how to initialize an array of the following object: helmhorr = new CSprite(csdl_setup->GetRenderer(), "Enemy00.tga", 550, 250, 100, ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you So Much it works!!!! Wouhou I can spawn my enemies in my gam... (by Cydriic)
how to compare an individual value in an array to an entire seperate array

Kind of a specific question, but here goes. Say I need to code a program that counts how many consonants are in a word, which is contained in an array called...
[3 replies] Last: Then why did you use function std::strcmp? If you use function std::st... (by vlad from moscow)
How to check array value at specific index

hello everyone, how can I check that value at specific index of an array is empty or not. for example void storeAt( int index,int val) { arr = val /...
[4 replies] Last: If you meant to check whether an element is equal to some value when y... (by vlad from moscow)
Header is not accepted

Hello everyone. I am new to c++ and am using C++ Primer 5/e to help me get an understanding of the language. In introduction to classes section in the book, the...
[8 replies] Last: Yes I'm using the apple spell check. Could you please write the steps ... (by nrgbros)
Exception

#include "iostream" using namespace std; char *value = "Sandeep"; char* delValue(char* p_value,char alphabet) { int placeholder = 0; int count =...
[6 replies] Last: Instead of the pointer to a string literal You could use an array. for... (by vlad from moscow)
problem with validate

i need to validate that user can only put a c g t but does not work properly can anyone help vector<string> DNA; void a:: input(){ s...
[1 reply] : I already showed you a method. const char valid_letters = "AaUuCcGg... (by vlad from moscow)
by Ganado
random_shuffle compilation problem

When I first started C++, I used Dev-C++ 5.4.2. Recently I have tried out Code::Blocks 12.11 using the "GNU CCC Compiler", and I like it more, except for the fo...
[5 replies] Last: I think you don't need std:: in front of begin and end because of arg... (by cire)
What's wrong with my data structures?

I have data structures that bring up a lot of errors. Like the members of them cannot be initialized. struct ScreenAttributes { const int SCREEN_WIDTH =...
[4 replies] Last: Peter87, I was just using data structures for practice... Didn't think... (by brokenbot)
by Slazer
error: expected primary-expression before ';' token

I got the error "error: expected primary-expression before ';' token" when trying to compile the following code. What might be the problem? #include <iost...
[7 replies] Last: I tried that and to my surprise it did not work. I think you may have... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
VIRGIN PROGRAMMER...Looking for "Team Members".

HELLO, My My name is Rich and I have literally just started learning C++ Programming. I am looking for someone who is also just starting out, with a determine...
[no replies]
GetModuleFileName to get executable

I am working on linux, but this is crossplatform application and i never worked with windows API, so i have little problem with this. #ifdef _WIN32 #include...
[4 replies] Last: Play with filenames: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1962/#msg... (by Duthomhas)
Case label not within a switch statement

Case label not within a switch statement ,where am i wrong can help me please?? //My Calculator #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ s...
[9 replies] Last: You write code! You were doing it in the code you originally posted, ... (by MikeyBoy)
by Slazer
what() function of an exception

How can I set the content that is output by the what() function of the exception? exception ex("Content of what()"); //I can NOT do this cout<<ex.what();...
[9 replies] Last: It works for me (by flussadl)
by akif13
Cannot read quantity

Hello guys, I need your help to solve this. I don't know why it skipped at line 48 without letting user to input the quantity. Is there something wrong with my ...
[2 replies] Last: I don't see that it skips line 48. What I see is that you calculate t... (by coder777)
by akif13
Dynamic

Hello guys, I'm still new to c++. I want to know what is meant by "create an object of Pizza dynamically". Can anyone explain to me and maybe give me some ex...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, thanks (by akif13)
2d vectors (1,2)

Ok guys so am on 2d vectors and iterating over them... from what i've understood so far...with vector matrix there is a lil bit more freedom...like...the column...
[31 replies] Last: You guys have given me some great enlightenment with this constructive... (by donvigor)
overload operator >>

Hi every. My code get a run-time error and I can't understand what it is. can anyone help me. This is header file. #ifndef MANAGEMENT_DATA_H #define MAN...
[5 replies] Last: yes. thank you very much :) (by vuonganh1993)
reading excel table with path

how can u read a excel table by typing in the path in the console? I found this code but its not working and I don't know if i could use it. #include <fstrea...
[7 replies] Last: still not working.....any help? (by YumiFerrari)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 48495051
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.