Beginners - August 2013 (Page 7)

Brand new programming baby (1,2)

Hi there, you've no doubt had this 10 thousand times before. but i havn't been here before so hope you guys can lead me in the right direction. im 32 years o...
[21 replies] Last: There really is tons to learn. I strongly encourage you to start with ... (by Manga)
how to declare dynamic array in double data type(c++)?

I am trying to declare a dynamic array in 'double' data type. I used the following command for that, double *array = new double ; but I am getting compi...
[5 replies] Last: @ nevermore28 and timprograms : as you said, the problem was with the ... (by raguram)
How to use goto statement for 2 c++ files

Hi, I have 2 c++ files,what I want to do is as follows File01.cpp If(x>5) GOTO LABEL; else exit File02.cpp LABEL; remaining code Plea...
[1 reply] : You can't. And you shouldn't use goto in any case. It's really dange... (by MikeyBoy)
by kkkl
how to determine biggest size of array

the codes below is not complete bacause i have a problem in determining biggest size of array first,the program will ask user to enter number number '1' for add...
[1 reply] : - Your "addstudent" overwrites (i.e. replaces) values. That is not an... (by keskiverto)
Please Give Me a Suggestion

Hello fellow programmers, I have an assignment, simply the hello world program in C (not C++). Our instructor has given us the compiler that is located on a f...
[6 replies] Last: That looks like the instructor expects the students to be able to figu... (by keskiverto)
ANSI, and my Graphics.cpp problem

First with ANSI codes I know how to do most of the stuff, but i want to be able to change the key codes e.g. user types 3 and program recieves 1 basically the...
[no replies]
Regular expression for countWords()

Hi, countWords() returns 10 for the string: ".. , ! ? Hello,, ,,,,,,, ,, word..! apple orange!" int countWords(const std::string& str) { std:...
[2 replies] Last: I found the solution: #include <vector> #include <string> #include ... (by Observer)
Basic For loop

Is it possible in for loop that the initial value of x, for example, is 1 and when it loops back x will be 2 then will be 1 again in next loop? and i will also ...
[4 replies] Last: thanks bro ! (by colognem)
HEADER FILE PROBLEM !!

I am using gcc , I wrote the following header file- name test_header.h #ifndef _test_header_h_ #define _test_header_h_ #include<iostream> using namesp...
[10 replies] Last: Many of my friends said that It is not a good practice to fetch other... (by MikeyBoy)
Insertion sort code algorithm

I trying to program an insertion sort code,my problem that it doesn't sort and the output is like the input,what can i do ? #include <map> #include ...
[1 reply] : Looks like you are loosing information on line 30 to 31 because temp i... (by Smac89)
Trying to make Rapid Fire

So I've made a c++ tool for cod but I want to make it so I press a button and it starts. I just made it so when you type something then press enter it starts to...
[5 replies] Last: To be honest, I didn't even know you could do it with coordinates. I... (by LB)
Help Required! Unsure of how to reach required output!

So, I've got a question, and more so than needing help to program it I think I may actually simply lack the mathematical understanding to be in a programming cl...
[3 replies] Last: Are you inputting .15 for the interest rate or 15 for the 15%? because... (by giblit)
where can i learn c++

where can i learn c++
[1 reply] : On this site: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ And also: http://... (by LB)
im 12 and i code square root finder

#include <iostream> #include <cmath> int main(){ using namespace std; double number; double answer; cin >> number; answer = sqrt(number); cout <...
[2 replies] Last: You should Google search "Why is using namespace std; bad?" I started... (by LB)
Why isn't this working? (sockets)

using namespace std; using namespace sf; void main () { UdpSocket socket; socket.setBlocking(false); unsigned short const testport= 32701; char co...
[14 replies] Last: Wasn't aware, fixed post. I only knew 0 and 65535 were reserved. (by LB)
Deleting strings in textfiles

I need to delete a string in a textfile, opening the textfile is okay but is there a way of deleting a particular string in the textfile #include <iostrea...
[3 replies] Last: You already have a topic discussing this problem: http://www.cplusplus... (by LB)
getting error in printing

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <cstdlib> #include <cstring> #include <algorithm> using namespac...
[18 replies] Last: You cannot mix cin/cout with scanf/printf - they operate on different ... (by LB)
Converting strings to ints

How would one convert a string datatype, such as "123+456" My goal is to be able to have a user input a string as an equation then have my program read the...
[6 replies] Last: Yes it should capture all those variables, you can also try it and see... (by Smac89)
Using same class instance across multiple files

How to use an instance of a class across multiple files? This is by far, the hardest problem i have ever came across in any programming languages. I am liter...
[2 replies] Last: It was a stupid logic error. I don't have to find a way to use the sa... (by DarkRitual)
Inserting text into textfiles

How would one insert a string into a text document...thanks
[3 replies] Last: You could read the rest of the file after the part you want to insert ... (by LB)
August 2013 Pages: 1... 56789... 51
  Archived months: [jul2013] [sep2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.