Beginners - August 2015

Question about looping

Hello. Is there any way to loop a certain code a couple of times then exit while the condition is still true? In this code, I want to give the user 3 chances ...
[3 replies] Last: try this : #include <iostream> #include <string> int main() { std::... (by Ericool)
playing mp3 file

hey i wanted to ask how i can play mp3 files using c++? thanks.
[5 replies] Last: download FMOD API , then look for samples. Very easy and you can crea... (by Ericool)
File input

Is it possible to read input from a file function that is outside the function that opens the file. int OpenFile(string inFileName, AList* fr) { //l...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you I have been stuck on this part of my homework for two days n... (by oscarocampo)
english to morse code

i got an assignment from the class to do it from char not from strings i am getting an error so please debug this code #include<iostream> using namespace st...
[1 reply] : i am getting an error What error? Please be specific. Please post... (by AbstractionAnon)
Unsure whether to use array or map?

Hey, I'm trying to work through the beginner exercises from this site, and I've got to 'Pancake Glutton'. "Requires: variables, data types, and numerical oper...
[2 replies] Last: I'm unsure on how to get the program to call out the person which ent... (by AbstractionAnon)
by SrLuk
A newbie question

Hello guys, so, i started few days ago and i'm having some trouble with my code that im using to learn, i put in main to express a value (string) but it comes b...
[3 replies] Last: You're never going to reach line 37, because you never call tot. Lin... (by AbstractionAnon)
by koesmi
Replace the ...e... in scientific notation

I need the numbers in my output to be compatible with Mathematica and to this end to replace ...e... with ...*10^... . Is there a convenient way to do so, e.g. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the information. Then I'll do it how you suggested. (by koesmi)
remove algorithm

hey guys i cant seem to understand why de following code is not working::it gives me an error no matching function for call..... #include <iostream> #inc...
[2 replies] Last: wow dats great,, only thot isalpha was of type cctype....it works than... (by rofhiwangae)
checking for palidrone words

hey guys am trying to write a code to check if words are palindrone or not basically words like madam,level,radar,racecar..etc words dat have same meaning wen r...
[7 replies] Last: thanx it works nycly (by rofhiwangae)
reference to ostream object

Hey there. I'm told, in overloading functions topic, if, for example, I had a class called "Number" and an object in that class called "ten", and intended to...
[1 reply] : C++ streams are not copyable (for good reason), so you have to pass th... (by LB)
by RuiQi
C++ solve parametric equations

Hello Forum, Are there any functions that I can use to solve parametric equations ? I need to find the intersection of 2 lines in 3D ( if there is any ). ...
[1 reply] : If the question is "Does C++ standard library provide such functions?"... (by keskiverto)
by GabeJ
1 pound outputs as 16 ounces

Enter kilograms:0.453597 Enter grams:0 0.453597 kilograms, 0 grams is equal to 0 pounds, 16 ounces This code reads in kilograms and grams then outputs the e...
[12 replies] Last: Looks good, if you like try also the following from https://en.wikiped... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
d

fdss
[1 reply] : You have essentially: char res; cin >> res; if (res == 'yes') Doesn'... (by keskiverto)
Parameters and arguments

For functions in C++, the tutorial says its syntax is : type name (parameter 1, parameter 2, ... ) {statement} and a bit later, some down side of the same pag...
[5 replies] Last: it helps me to fix my confusion. I appreciate it, Kevin C. even a lit... (by kevinkim)
Array counting instances of negative and numbers that go beyond array size

Hello i have a problem with array counting instances of negative and numbers that go beyond array size. I made an array to count the number of instances of only...
[11 replies] Last: @Kevin C yours works too and much more simpler O.O and thank you for ... (by luv2program)
by samrux
Creating objects of a cartesian plane: What else can I do?

For self-educational purposes, I'm making a namespace cart with classes point , line , shapes, etc. All with their corresponding values/objects, functions t...
[11 replies] Last: Oh, I forgot another thing: return this->inverted(); is the same... (by Kevin C)
Just a beginner and need your help sir

Sir, my prof says we need to make a program that will find the largest number among the 5 inputted numbers. I make many if statement and not work. Look for the ...
[5 replies] Last: Sir Kevin C, this does work. thank you very much! Thanks also to sMav.... (by NoobDeveloper)
System() command Dragging a file into another

Ok so Im trying to Auto run a photoshop droplet. I know the system() command is evil but its going to be used by me only. I need it to work with WINDOWS What ...
[5 replies] Last: Its based on droplets which require you to drag and drop a file onto i... (by CryptiKau)
How to chose randomly from a array??

How do I set a int to a random array number? (look below) //Odd or Even! #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main () ...
[10 replies] Last: <random> is a C++11 addition. (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by Sauvok
Need help: cin contents to a vector

Hey guys! So I'm trying to write a basic program that would allow the user to input a set of numbers (student grades) and get an average of the grades. i...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you so much Kevin C! A lot of help! AND fast replies! I really ... (by Sauvok)
August 2015 Pages: 123... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.