Beginners - August 2017 (Page 3)

by Dagr
How to use char(type) in function

Hello guyz how are u? I have one problem here so let me show it here. As i know char type means 1 ch...
[1 reply] : You have several problems, did you compile your code? If so it would h... (by jlb)
by Horki
CSV parser using STL

I'm wondering what would be the right way to parse CSV file with "numbers" using operator>> overload...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Mr. @Duthomhas, - this is just one of the tasks in process o... (by Horki)
How to compute sum for user input

Hi everyone, I need your help by how do I construct the code for prompts the user to enter the start...
[6 replies] Last: Hello Shyanie [for (int cols = from; cols <= to; cols++) { cout << ... (by Handy Andy)
by dubley
reversing selected elements of an array

In this code, the line: rev(&orr , numentries - 2); results in the first and last numbers in the a...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks very much. I didn't realise that after the first call the value... (by dubley)
Invalid operands of type double to binary 'operator-'

I have an error in function 'double sd1 (double, double)'. Can someone give me some advice? #i...
[2 replies] Last: Oh I got it. It should be s1. Thanks (by thaooherb)
Multidimensional Array

I am required to write a program to generate a 5x6 array, elements of which must be equal to the sum...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind, I added if between while x and z++ so that x comes back to ... (by Gieniusz Krab)
Do I need to delete pointer arguments

I'm quite new to C++ so I'm sorry if this is quite a novice question but basically when I create a p...
[5 replies] Last: Pointers are a mere implementation detail. The real question should b... (by keskiverto)
So, I start C++ at 0, and cannot seems to get code block to work

So I created a new project, and a typical "Hello World" pop up and I click run, it works. But, when ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you. (by JinSherrry)
Calling Constructor without a pointer

How exactly do I call the constructor of a class without making it a pointer and using the new keywo...
[4 replies] Last: In the header, use a declaration: extern Animation animation; In... (by JLBorges)
Help with my do while loop

I am writing an application on the weekly income of a person and now it says that I also need to ent...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you so very much kemort, I am ecstatic about this program. I j... (by Jdawg32)
Program crashing while using destructor

Hello, I wrote a code but it's crashing when i am using the DESTRUCTOR . Please help me fixing this...
[6 replies] Last: you shill have the memory leaks, and need to guard against self-assign... (by ne555)
const function what for?

What's the purpose of adding const to a function? const_iterator begin() const { return data; }...
[3 replies] Last: This is const-correct: struct A { using iterator = int* ; usi... (by JLBorges)
by Enaris
Lambda value of variable caught by reference before and after call

I was doing exercise: Write a lambda that captures a local int variable and decrements that varia...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you, I will renember that. (by Enaris)
Math help needed for a beginner?

Hi everyone. This is a homework assignment where we gotta show if a student's score pass or failed. ...
[8 replies] Last: One can stay in integer math in some cases: #include <iostream> int ... (by keskiverto)
by ztdep
Split view in console

Dear friends: I want to show different interface in the split view of console window, how to set...
[5 replies] Last: NCurses was created for *nixen. Type 'man ncurses' at the shell prompt... (by Duthomhas)
undefined reference to 'Winmain@16' and ld returned l exit status

I am trying to run following code in Code blocks and getting errors 'undefined reference to Winmain@...
[4 replies] Last: Oh yes, you are right! Got it now. Thanks! :-) (by pmusale)
Variable int Output failure

I'm an absolute begginer to coding, I've wanted to learn C++ for a few years and like the idea of cr...
[2 replies] Last: I swear it's always the simplest things, like forgetting that damn ; ... (by Digital Brain)
I'm having trouble installing adobe asl c++.

Hello I tried installing adobe asl into codelight. I put ".a; .dll; .so" into the "Library Search Pa...
[no replies]
by aedt
Function that returns a pointer to another function

Can any kind fellow explain me fp11() and fp03 functions step by step? The resource I have been lear...
[8 replies] Last: I had made a silly mistake in writing the test function; it should hav... (by JLBorges)
notify from a private vector of objects

I have a class , "request", which has a vector of "exector" objects. Each executor object executes ...
[4 replies] Last: I never realised that a timeout of zero enables one to check if a std... (by bluefrog)
August 2017 Pages: 12345... 17
  Archived months: [jul2017] [sep2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.