Beginners - August 2017 (Page 4)

.exe stoped working

help me to fix #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main() { int i, plotas, a, p, k, x1 , x2 , y1 , y2 ; int plo...
[2 replies] Last: There are many places where this program could go wrong, but the first... (by Ganado)
accelerated c++ 10.4

I need help with this exercise, what am I supposed to do? Write a class that implements a list that holds strings. Is it just a class it's private attribute ...
[2 replies] Last: The chapter is about arrays and pointers, so I guess it must be an arr... (by AwesomeGuy)
by WiWo
std::getline does not stop at eof

I'm trying to read the content of a file using std::getline but this function seems to corrupt the object since it tries to read after the eof and then becomes ...
[3 replies] Last: Inserting saveFile.clear(); before writing solved the problem. Reall... (by Enoizat)
Are negative index in array allowed?

Are negative indexes allowed in c++? #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int t,m,n,i,j; cin>>m>>n; int T ; ...
[11 replies] Last: missing copy constructor and assignment operator `lower' and `upper' m... (by ne555)
image choice

So another test program I am writing will pull up a different image depending on the answer I give this is what I have but no matter what answer I put, it gives...
[1 reply] : To test for equality, use the == operator. if (response = 'y') ... (by Chervil)
Tic Tac Toe Issue- Calling functions

So i've been working on a basic tic tac toe game in Visual studio, except when i try to run it, it says my function's identifiers are not found. I'm pretty sure...
[1 reply] : In the function input you call changeplayer(); but changeplayer isn't ... (by Thomas1965)
Seperating material between header and '.cpp' files.

While programming in the past I have always tried to keep my headers and implementation files (if that is the proper name for the '*.cpp' files!) as separate as...
[11 replies] Last: Yes. In a class declaration, the keywords class and struct are synon... (by Lucian Valois)
Creating a timeline with timers and events (1,2)

Hello everyone. I would like to create a timeline, setting a starting time and setting some time of events that triggers at specific time. Any hint on how...
[30 replies] Last: > cout << "Number of sec since January 1,1970:" << now << endl; Thi... (by JLBorges)
How to insert avg & min & max in the program

Hi everyone, I'm developing a function, compute() that takes a 2D array with the information shown in start and end month as parameters, traverses through the ...
[13 replies] Last: Please use code tags, when posting code. See http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by keskiverto)
Problem with solution to UVa 120

Hi, I've written the solution to UVa 120: https://uva.onlinejudge.org/index.php?option=com_onlinejudge&Itemid=8&page=show_problem&category=&problem=56&mosmsg=Su...
[2 replies] Last: explain your algorithm and comment your code. you need to test extrem... (by ne555)
by Bopaki
Getting an error when using the function find_if on STL

I am getting an error when using this function: position = find_if(charList.begin(), charList.end(), isupper); The function: find(....) works fine but find...
[3 replies] Last: Hello Bopaki, I will offer this as a thought. I put your program in V... (by Handy Andy)
Set Expressions

So im learning about set expressions such as ( INSERT(x,A), MEMBER(x,A), MAX(x,A), FIND(x,A)) and i cant find one website that shows if x or a were just integer...
[1 reply] : im learning about set expressions "set" you say. What set are you ta... (by keskiverto)
c/c++ runtime libraries from a developer point of view

Information mill always attempting to snatch up youthful gifted skaters that may be the following big named in skateboarding. A couple of in the past, Emerica i...
[1 reply] : > If I am trying to make a program that will run on any Windows machin... (by JLBorges)
A console GUI concept

I am trying to do a gui function that allows to create small GUI's using the console and that do the programmer a favor to manage his functions and thus easily,...
[2 replies] Last: You might find yourself happier playing around with NCurses / PDCur... (by Duthomhas)
Program crashes as pointer tries to access struct

Hi, this is my solution to UVa123: https://uva.onlinejudge.org/index.php?option=com_onlinejudge&Itemid=8&page=show_problem&problem=59 I am not sure exactly why...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, I didn't know I could use structs like lists. I also tried usi... (by oldspiderdude)
cin, multiple entries to recognize

I am supposed to wrtie personal data of n students into a file. How do I make the whole command cin>>surname>>name>>age>>placeofbirth>>telephonenumber recogn...
[10 replies] Last: That is both a "strength" and a "drawback" to the design of C and C++.... (by Duthomhas)
by larryl
Keyboard To Char Vector?

Hi Folks: Developing on Windows 10 Pro, Visual Studio 2017 Community. As you can see, this is a console application. I'm no C++ beginner, but it app...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Cubbi: <CTL-Z> <CR> fixed everything. I never build c... (by larryl)
How should I prepare for c++ data structure class?

Hi, i took the first c++ class at college last year where i learned all the "basics", and now im about to take the next course which is c++ data structure class...
[4 replies] Last: If the syllabus is available then please post it (or a link to it) her... (by dhayden)
How to Make the Console respond to Statements containing specific Characters

I want to know how a Console can respond in a Specific manner when the answer contains a specific character/words. For example, If the Console asks: "How are y...
[3 replies] Last: > That worked like a Charm! Now consider these: Q: How was your day?... (by JLBorges)
by Tobruk
Reading partially correct, but stops halfway - imbued wifstream into wstring with ConsoleCP changed to 65001 UTF8

Hello! This is my code: #include <vector> #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <locale> #include <conio.h> #include <Windows.h> int main() { SetC...
[7 replies] Last: reading from a file does not succeed. read from a file using ifstrea... (by Cubbi)
August 2017 Pages: 123456... 17
  Archived months: [jul2017] [sep2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.