Beginners - August 2020 (Page 2)

2d arrays

Hey lads, let me ask you a really good question, Is there a possibility to write for 2d array syntax to insert and display a 2d array "M " using while loop an...
[5 replies] Last: MaxGreen, be aware that you must not collapse 2-d to 1-d if the 2-d i... (by jonnin)
How to allow multiple struct definitions in single argument ?

I want my void to allow multiple struct definitions from a single argument lets say thats "myStructAny" but I can put there myStructA and myStructB. Is that pos...
[11 replies] Last: void Render(int aArg,int bArg, myStructAny struct){ if(typeid(struct... (by dhayden)
external or internal linkage/ is my book wrong?

I'm reading Stephen Prata's C++ primer plus, and he mentions that by default that const variables have internal linkage by default, so const int fingers would b...
[2 replies] Last: `myName' is not constant, it points to const char myName = 'A'; *myN... (by ne555)
Are there any programs that help draw .c and .h file relations?

I’m looking for a way to visualize how my .c and .h files interact and interface with each other. Is there a program that does that?? Maybe more generally, is...
[4 replies] Last: understand for c++ if it is still around lists the caller of every fu... (by jonnin)
Unhandled exception

Hi I wrote this program but it throws this exception: Unhandled exception at 0x008938D9 in treta_zad.exe: 0xC00000FD: Stack overflow (parameters: 0x00000001, 0...
[2 replies] Last: Okay I think I found whats it wrong, the recursion has to be in the if... (by closed account 23q2T05o)
by jax16
Loan calc

Need some help with this code. It is pretty much a loan repayment calculator. The company only offers 10, 15, and 30 year fixed loans. The interest rates are ba...
[3 replies] Last: Lines 14-16, I wouldn't use ONE or HUNDRED. 1 and 100 are clearer... (by dhayden)
by Mif
How to save text to a file extension.txt?

I wrote this code and it works, the problem comes when I insert other data in txt file the first thing I inserted is deleted. How to store the old data in same ...
[2 replies] Last: Ohh thanks you soo much. I think I need to learn more about these mode... (by Mif)
enums

Hi, I am currently learning about enumerations, and I believe I am understanding the basics, but the book goes on to talking about creating variables of the typ...
[2 replies] Last: Hello DonnaPin, To go with jonnin's explanation this may help: ... (by Handy Andy)
for loop not working as expected

This needs to print two columns of numbers, but it just prints the number 11. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but any help is appreciated. #include...
[3 replies] Last: nevermind...i figured it out (by raefnal)
Question about list initialization

Hi, I'm learning about design patterns, specifically about the decorator pattern. I don't really understand a part of the example code where they use list initi...
[5 replies] Last: Glad it helped :) (by zapshe)
Question about "new" keyword

I'm learning about design patterns, specifically about the decorator pattern. There's a bit of code that I don't know what's going on exactly. Here's a snippet ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot for the info :) (by brianbathorycpp)
some help please

Write a program that displays the contents of a file in four columns titled “Item Name”, “Num of Items”, “Item Price”, “Total”. The total is th...
[7 replies] Last: thank you i got the idea (by shokoro10)
how i use function in c programing sum of the series

1+2+...+n
[2 replies] Last: [quote=Faisal440]1+2+...+n is an arithmetic series . The sum of arit... (by keskiverto)
split vector

Hi everyone. I need some advice. How can i split the following vector. For example, row 1 until 10 will be in first column and row 11 until row 20 will be in se...
[8 replies] Last: Hi jonnin , simpler than what I gave?! ... its two lines.. Sorry. I... (by sarah1993)
What is a module?

Hi, I am reading about storage class specifiers, and extern says "allows a variable to be made known to a module" but what is a module? Is it like the cpp file,...
[1 reply] : The terminology used in textbooks, especially really old ones, doesn't... (by Ganado)
CLASS MEMBER VARIABLES

You'va already asked this question once, and received answers. Why are you spamming the forum with multiple threads for the the same thing?
[no replies]
Comparing UTF-8 with a substring

I'm trying to print out all the letters in a string until a curly quote is found. However I can't compare a sub-string too a UTF-8 code for comparisons, why is ...
[1 reply] : ... (by andywestken)
UTF-8 encoding

How do I write UTF-8 encoding as a string or char. I want to use curly quotes: “ ” with encoding U+201C and U+201D. (I could just copy and paste the curly ...
[1 reply] : Next time, read the manual first. http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#2... (by mbozzi)
static member

https://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/811-static-member-variables/
[1 reply] : https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_static_members.htm See a... (by George P)
No Appropriate Default Constructor

Hi, I am working on converting a regular class into a templated class but I keep running into this error that says I do not have an appropriate default construc...
[1 reply] : You defined a constructor with arguments so the "default" no argument ... (by jlb)
August 2020 Pages: 1234... 8
  Archived months: [jul2020] [sep2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.