Beginners - December 2011 (Page 46)

by theraz
Guess a randomized number from an array

Hi, I'm kind of new to the c++ language (and any other language aswell for that matter) and I'm currently working on a program that will randomize 20 numbers, f...
[4 replies] Last: If you insist on doing that, use the version with a compiler that isn'... (by Moschops)
Split a char array by delimiter

I have a char array like "abc:def:ghi#jkl:mno:pqr#stu:vxz:wyk" which I want to split firstly by "#", then each of the resulted char array by ":". So I have some...
[2 replies] Last: It works! For the moment I will remain with the strtok. Thank you! (by alexbnc)
by vizion
score exams and categories

I am having issues getting the outstanding, satisfactory, and unsatisfactory to count and print correctly. For all 3 it displays the number 2. I have no idea wh...
[5 replies] Last: I got it thanks for the tips. I took those lines out and moved the res... (by vizion)
accessing private members of a class

I have this class class Employee { private: int id; // employee ID string name; // employee name double hourlyPay; // ...
[6 replies] Last: Employee::Employee( int initId, string initName, double initHourlyPay... (by MrBackpack)
no user input throw exception

I have a program for school that a user needs to enter a selection from a menu if they do not make a selection (enter a number 1 thru 6 ) and just press enter h...
[1 reply] : Sounds like you're using one of the formatted input methods that skip ... (by Cubbi)
recursive palindrome string

Hi, I am working on a recursive palindrom program. All of my cases seem to work except for the case that a word has the same first and last letters but is NOT...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks that makes sense! (by taraoski)
Tic Tac Toe

Below is my coding for Tic Tac Toe, I have hit 2 problems that I could do with a little help with. Problem 1: During the Game, if a player has two X or O ...
[6 replies] Last: kinggrunt, on your check function it ends with "return 'O';" no matter... (by emilya)
strcpy

Hello, I'm in a beginners programming class, and I have been staring at this code for hours. I can't get the strcpy to work, and cannot figure out why. #incl...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. Saved me another 2 hours of staring at it. Never would have... (by jenni davis)
Need to find the array's average

This is what I've written thus far. I know I'm close, but I can't figure what an arithmetic or enum type is for the power function and how to identify the arra...
[3 replies] Last: By using "cout" like you have before. Also, another little note: yo... (by Gaminic)
Help with reading from file

I'm having problems with being able to read from a file. This is my code. http://pastebin.com/NEgH8XyE I need to be able to read from a file like this....
[15 replies] Last: Is there some sort of easy way to do what is described here? a. Each... (by xXcandyKissesXx)
Pointer Problem

Hi guys, I'm having trouble with the program I'm trying to write. Here's what it says: The following function uses reference variables as parameters. Rewrite...
[1 reply] : Could you be more specific as to what you don't understand, or do you ... (by Catfish)
Arrays and Vectors

I'm keep on getting an error saying there's an unresolved external. What I have to do for the program is take a certain amount of values and take the differenc...
[1 reply] : gcc error messages: prog.cpp: In function ‘double sum(std::vector<... (by hamsterman)
Problem with array copying over

Hi, I am having trouble with this array. I am shuffling some characters and at the end of one shuffling process I want to copy the "shuffled" array back to the ...
[3 replies] Last: actually nevermind, I figured it out, I was not resetting the first an... (by Final9mare)
Need some help with arrays

How would I go about copying a set of array characters alternatively to a new array? For example, I take "abcdef", split them and then copy them alternatively ...
[3 replies] Last: You can do it 'in place': The first element of the second array wil... (by Gaminic)
by jew
C2064 - argument error

Hello, this is my first time using this forum. I keep getting the error "term does not evaluate to a function taking 4 arguments". I do not know enough about ...
[14 replies] Last: No worries, good luck! (by gh24)
School project \ mystery error

Hi all Thanks in advance for any help you will be willing to lend. I have a completed project for my online C++ class. When building the project I receive ...
[4 replies] Last: I didn't read through the code but since you don't include fstream p... (by Alrededor)
Casrtesian plane. How to store points that lie on the X axis:I think I need arrays.

Hello everyone! I am writing a program that is supposed to get input of n points' descartes coordinates and then outputs something like "Most number of points l...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah, that's coz you've put the loop at the wrong point. See, after yo... (by Caprico)
Could you help me seperate my main function into multiple different functions, please?

Hello all, I've been working on this program for a while now, it urges the user to input coordinates of points lying on a cartesian plane and then outputs the q...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah, you are right, I am so lost now exactly because I've started wor... (by dem5813)
array

i need an array where i can store numers as one two three four ; i tried with char array but it not working.. plz help me out
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/arrays/ (by gh24)
Complicated

I am a beginner of C++ programming and I have to learn the overall things within two months.Is it possible?How can I understand the logic of programming? :( ...
[2 replies] Last: [well,I have some basic knowledge over C.I need to implement genetic ... (by humyunfuad)
December 2011 Pages: 1... 44454647
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.