Beginners - December 2012 (Page 4)

seekg = sekkp ? :|

Hello ! I read about seekg and seekp,but i didn't understood what they do.... I've tryed this both...
[5 replies] Last: Yes, this is what file streams do. They have only one position, both s... (by Cubbi)
What certains things do?

Hey are there any sites that say what certain things do? For example, lets say i wanted to know what...
[2 replies] Last: At the top of this very page, there is a search box. :) (by Chervil)
array problem, pointer dynamic memory???

am using c++. i have this code which prints out a result like this on the screen ; first numbers...
[1 reply] : Sure, that's what std::vector is for. (by Athar)
by xjml
Help with an assigment

Hi. I am a real beginner that really want to learn and i am not asking you to do my assignment bu...
[3 replies] Last: I think you should use strings. Beware using cin in the common way, it... (by EssGeEich)
Recursive function & arrays

I am facing a simple problem, I couldn't figure out the right condition when it comes to check the v...
[1 reply] : You can write the condition the following way void SeparateNumbers (... (by vlad from moscow)
Palindrome

Wrong OUTPUT ,HELP ! //to check whether the string is palindrome or not #include<iostream.h> #...
[1 reply] : Checking palindrome using strings: #include <iostream> #include <str... (by jumper007)
How to fix Id returned 1 exit status?

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class X{ static int x; public: ...
[1 reply] : Oh just realize i need to ''redeclare'' the static variable with known... (by selenium)
by quirkz
C++ Char Input

Hi guys, I was curious about a certain property of a char value as I'm pretty sure it only has en...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, I see. Just to double confirm, so am I right to say that when I ty... (by quirkz)
pass by reference and pass and return

What is the difference between a function passing by reference and a function passing the variable a...
[1 reply] : You don't actually pass by reference anywhere in your code. Useful li... (by cire)
checking to see if an array has a value stored.

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <math.h> #include <fstream> using namespace st...
[8 replies] Last: Hmm, I said NULL, because I didn't think that std::string::empty would... (by jumper007)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced

#include <windows.h> int WINAPI WinMain (HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, ...
[1 reply] : Have you set the subsystem to 'Windows'? (by Fransje)
Book for someone coming from Java/C#

I am going through the tutorials here, but I see they end at IO steams. Ironically that is exactly ...
[5 replies] Last: > I can used what is taught in Accelerated C++ and apply it to C++11 a... (by JLBorges)
My program keeps crashing and I don't know why

This program is supposed to take input from the user regarding 5 players names and levels, whenever ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah such a silly mistake, thank you! (by plusone)
by Kovs95
Logical error

Hi! Sorry im posting about this more! Iv'e worked on this some more and now when I debug it, it keep...
[8 replies] Last: One again it is not a function call showgrid(char grid] , int rows);... (by vlad from moscow)
"converting to long long int from double error.

class point{ public : long long double x, y, z, xp, yp, zp; ...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, thanks you. (by selenium)
by Ch1156
Are getters and setters fine to use for classes? (1,2)

I have a class and i was wondering if it looks ok? I want to make sure im doing it "right", i know t...
[20 replies] Last: struct A { public: friend class B; private: ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by machu
convert int to const int

Hi !!! I work on FMatrix to use the wonderful function 'svd' but it's a template whitch is : FMat...
[7 replies] Last: But when it compiles it doesn't know the size of the vector (whitch i... (by Lowest0ne)
arrays and classes

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <math.h> #include <fstream> using namespace std...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/classes/ whats the difference ... (by soranz)
array entry

You are to create an application which stores information about people, along with a ‘task list’...
[6 replies] Last: The whole reason for using class/struct is to organize your code mor... (by soranz)
bubble sort problem

Hi Guys I Have created a program, where the user will choose how many numbers they would like to ...
[5 replies] Last: You are not defining type number . (by usandfriends)
December 2012 Pages: 123456... 64
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.