Beginners - December 2012 (Page 4)

by xjml
Help with an assigment

Hi. I am a real beginner that really want to learn and i am not asking you to do my assignment but only to refer me to what i should use. The assignment i...
[3 replies] Last: I think you should use strings. Beware using cin in the common way, it... (by S G H)
Recursive function & arrays

I am facing a simple problem, I couldn't figure out the right condition when it comes to check the value of index 0 Here is the question Write a recursiv...
[1 reply] : You can write the condition the following way void SeparateNumbers (... (by vlad from moscow)
Palindrome

Wrong OUTPUT ,HELP ! //to check whether the string is palindrome or not #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> #include<string.h> #include<stdio.h> voi...
[1 reply] : Checking palindrome using strings: #include <iostream> #include <str... (by jumper007)
How to fix Id returned 1 exit status?

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class X{ static int x; public: void setx(int n){x = n;}; int get...
[1 reply] : Oh just realize i need to ''redeclare'' the static variable with known... (by selenium)
by quirkz
C++ Char Input

Hi guys, I was curious about a certain property of a char value as I'm pretty sure it only has enough space to contain a single character at any point of tim...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, I see. Just to double confirm, so am I right to say that when I ty... (by quirkz)
pass by reference and pass and return

What is the difference between a function passing by reference and a function passing the variable and return it to the original variable. It seems to do the sa...
[1 reply] : You don't actually pass by reference anywhere in your code. Useful li... (by cire)
checking to see if an array has a value stored.

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <math.h> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main() { int i; string information ; //...
[8 replies] Last: Hmm, I said NULL, because I didn't think that std::string::empty would... (by jumper007)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced

#include <windows.h> int WINAPI WinMain (HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, PSTR szCmdLine, int iCmdShow) { MessageBox (NUL...
[1 reply] : Have you set the subsystem to 'Windows'? (by Fransje)
Book for someone coming from Java/C#

I am going through the tutorials here, but I see they end at IO steams. Ironically that is exactly where my C# and Java classes ended as well. Right now my sc...
[5 replies] Last: > I can used what is taught in Accelerated C++ and apply it to C++11 a... (by JLBorges)
My program keeps crashing and I don't know why

This program is supposed to take input from the user regarding 5 players names and levels, whenever the loop goes around the fifth time, right after the user en...
[2 replies] Last: Ah such a silly mistake, thank you! (by plusone)
by Kovs95
Logical error

Hi! Sorry im posting about this more! Iv'e worked on this some more and now when I debug it, it keeps repeating the "while" loop in the beginning: while (g...
[8 replies] Last: One again it is not a function call showgrid(char grid] , int rows);... (by vlad from moscow)
"converting to long long int from double error.

class point{ public : long long double x, y, z, xp, yp, zp; void modifypoint(long long double initial ...
[6 replies] Last: Ok, thanks you. (by selenium)
by Ch1156
Are getters and setters fine to use for classes? (1,2)

I have a class and i was wondering if it looks ok? I want to make sure im doing it "right", i know there is no right way to make a class but still does it look ...
[20 replies] Last: struct A { public: friend class B; private: ... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by machu
convert int to const int

Hi !!! I work on FMatrix to use the wonderful function 'svd' but it's a template whitch is : FMatrix < type, cinst int N, const int M> N and M are the dimens...
[7 replies] Last: But when it compiles it doesn't know the size of the vector (whitch i... (by Lowest0ne)
arrays and classes

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <math.h> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main() { int i; string information ; ...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/classes/ whats the difference ... (by soranz)
array entry

You are to create an application which stores information about people, along with a ‘task list’. The application’s functionality can be described as foll...
[6 replies] Last: The whole reason for using class/struct is to organize your code mor... (by soranz)
bubble sort problem

Hi Guys I Have created a program, where the user will choose how many numbers they would like to the computer to generate. Once this happens then bubble sort...
[5 replies] Last: You are not defining type number . (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
by Kovs95
Dynamic variables

If I declare a local variable and give it a value, can I change that value or make it dynamic? For example, in my dungeon crawler game, I want the player to sta...
[8 replies] Last: For my for loop that you posted above, I thought that it is basically ... (by Kovs95)
Question about the C + + in the area of ​​salaries

How do I work on the C + + calculates the salaries of employees and collecting their salaries and Print Supreme Salary
[5 replies] Last: Alright. Once you've got some code, post it here. It doesn't have to f... (by billywilliam)
scope of include directive

The template for C++ console applications start out with #include stdafx.h at the top. The stdafx.h file is located in the same file (or in an extremely c...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! It is very much appreciated. (by billywilliam)
December 2012 Pages: 123456... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.