Beginners - December 2012 (Page 60)

Clear screen when user press ENTER

Hi, and thanks in advance for the help. I found this code in a begginers practice page (http://informaticos53.webcindario.com/programacion.htm) and I canĀ“t f...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you Chervil, I did try what you suggested and now I have a bette... (by Marcos Modenesi)
First

I'm having some issues with a rather new concept to me. I have a class that is giving me errors which I'm not quite understanding. They are Buil...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you that helped I'm now getting other issues involving my array ... (by jlillie89)
<time.h> How can I translate time into days months and years?

For example, if I have a time 99248, thats 1 day, 3 hours, 34 minutes. How do I get it to display that?
[2 replies] Last: From http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ctime/ You can convert the ti... (by andywestken)
Select a random word from an array and place it into a variable.

Hey guys I am doing Hangman C++ and I need to select a random word my array: char *words ={"bad","easy","lol","Hurt","gay","code","hate","kill","ice","fire"...
[7 replies] Last: const means it can never be changed after it is first created Indeed... (by m4ster r0shi)
by Sroka
tic-tac-toe does not work

Hi : > I wrote a tic-tac-toe program. It works except top left corner. I can't put anything until decisive move. I will be grateful for your support, I'm total ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, I am extremely grateful. :-) (by Sroka)
SDL Error,for each key on the keyboard "enumuration value not handled in switch" whats goin on?

I hope its not a library thing and i just missed a semi colon somewhere, but it seems like it cant reconise any of the keys in switch, it just cycles through ea...
[3 replies] Last: oh wow okay and thanks james for noticing that flaw i <3 u peter (by devonrevenge)
msvcr110.dll missing

Every time i try to create a release from my visual studio 2012, it always asks to my friends a msvcr110.dll which has to be inside the folder or in the windows...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks, hope it works! (by Donanza)
Changing Variables

Hello everyone, I am a 2nd year student of video game animation and I have recently begun taking a programming class. My question is about how to create a chan...
[7 replies] Last: For the incantation, is there only one option? If there is, then you c... (by mukomo)
by Maiels
Project on Structures

Hello ! I am a beginner to C++ and I have to make a project as Homework on structures. I`m not asking you to make my homework I just want to know if you can giv...
[1 reply] : Begin, where coders usually begin; with paper or notepad or VI and lay... (by Incis B)
Write/Read structure to file

I have tried to write a struct to a file - with success. Now i'm trying to be able to read the same file back into my programme: however I keep getting an error...
[2 replies] Last: thank you, I have now changed the code to your suggestion and it WORKS... (by awandering)
Exercises

I was wondering if there were any good worksheets/exercise sheets on C++ programming here... If there are not, can anyone recommend a good site??? I am assuming...
[3 replies] Last: Come to this forum every day and fix the bugs found within. I did thi... (by Incis B)
What's Wrong With My Code?

I just started making a text-based RPG zombie game. I am getting strange errors that make no sense to me. I get the errors with Visual C++ Express 2012 and Vi...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! That seemed to solve my problems! Sorry if it was a lot of e... (by closed account EAUX92yv)
Linked lists

So I have a general understanding of what a linked list is and how to deal with it. But I still need clarification regarding a few things. Could anyone answer ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks hamsterman. I took a quick look at "methods" and... wow! I'm n... (by Stremik)
comparing strings issue

what i would like to do is take the string cpyString and if the element matches with the user input userGuess then replace the single letter with the guess. ...
[6 replies] Last: ahh thank you it worked i forgot that small bit (by jumperkid400)
move back from 100

I took the code from my mate and edit them. when i roll number 6 on dice from 96 to 100 then it will move forward to 100 then back to 98 but it go to number 10...
[2 replies] Last: So Position is 96, and you rolled a 6. Position+=dice; Position is ... (by Moschops)
PLEASE HELP!!! Am I doing this correctly???

My basic instructions for my code is to: Create an array of ints in main() Pass the array as a parameter to a function to read in the int length data. Maki...
[1 reply] : Anyone? I need help quick please (by ndawg201)
a question about operator *= function

It's a program about operator function(*=). Question: Declare a class for Rectangle and Declare a class for Triangle.So compute area of this two and Declare a o...
[1 reply] : Why can't triangle access the area of the rect? Just implement a "get... (by Stewbond)
Hangman Game: Errors and For loops

Hello guys, I have to make Hangman in C++ and it is going well except I utterly lack the knowledge to make a For loop so I can hide the secret random word. Exam...
[5 replies] Last: Ah thank you. So must I use a Cstring? How can I do a Cstring. Like: ... (by BushMuffin)
how to print this

1234 is an integer i want to print it as 1 2 3 4.. i know how to print it as 4 3 2 1..
[1 reply] : You can put the 4 3 2 1 in an array and then print backwards. int will... (by hamsterman)
Threading in C++

I want to execeute more than 2 function in C++ at same time , how could i do this process . I think it has been done by threading , But i want to know about thr...
[2 replies] Last: Well, technically, C++ does (now) have threading. Or rather the C++ st... (by andywestken)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 5859606162... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.