Beginners - December 2012 (Page 7)

using enum

I donĀ“t really understand the use of enum. I guess its purpose is to simplify human understending of code, since it allows to replace sheer numbers with mining...
[6 replies] Last: Now I get it better, specially from that old forum thread. I was lacki... (by Marcos Modenesi)
Two simple errors I cannot figure out!

I'm getting two errors currently in my code. Error: 'string' was not declared in this scope. Error: 'titleDisplay' was not declared in this scope. The fol...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for solving me headache sir =) Happy holidays! (by johnnydiamond08)
Write a program that...

Write a program that reads in the size of the side of a square and then prints a hollow square of that size out of asterisks and blanks. Your program should wor...
[11 replies] Last: For the size equal to 1 it is enough to insert if statemeent #include... (by vlad from moscow)
Request Input libcurl

I am trying to use libcurl to download a file from an ftp server, but I want the input to be a variable. I am a bit overwhelmed looking at the libcurl api, and ...
[no replies]
C++ Video: Introduction of STL - Overview

A 10 minutes overview of C++ STL library: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltBdTiRgSaw
[no replies]
Reading random string from file

Hi. I have to do the "hangman game" as homework. The "hangman word" needs to be read from a file. It needs to be a random word from that file. How do i do tha...
[14 replies] Last: Thanks. Now i think i only have 3 problems left, i think. Sometimes th... (by cbeginner89)
Opening Word Documents Using C++

I want to write a program that allows me too write the path of a document and then open it. (also so that I can edit it.) I've tried a couple times, but i think...
[6 replies] Last: Also, is it alright if I am using a console application for this sort ... (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
segmentation fault in 2d array. please help!

hi to all! i'm new to this forum and to c++ too. i'm writing some code to parse a csv file, which fields are then copied in a 2d string array. I cannot be sure...
[4 replies] Last: this is for the i dimension. the inner loop is for 0<=i<47 and the ou... (by cire)
by ft95
return 0 in converting string to integer

Hi. I used atoi(string1.c_str()) for convertig a binary string to integer. but it always return 0. why?????!!!!1
[13 replies] Last: ok,I'm sorry!! Thank you again (by ft95)
basic question about building classes

I am new to C++ and I have a question about building your own class. I want to build a class called "Card" that consists of two components: a char variable tha...
[3 replies] Last: const char suit = "cdhs"; (by vlad from moscow)
Can't find File Output

This is the code. I'm using Xcode. Where can I find quotes.txt on my pc??? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> int main(int argc,...
[4 replies] Last: Use something like getcwd() in your program to find the working direct... (by modoran)
array without pointer & vector

finally i can use the alternative way of array :) #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int sizeArray, j, k, multiplication , addi...
[3 replies] Last: @EssGeEich There must be some bad teacher somewhere in the world. ... (by vlad from moscow)
array again

it's about array again, but in simple coding. erm, my question is, why always windows always says "has stop working"..?? my array coding does not use any point...
[6 replies] Last: In standard C++, the size if an array must be a constant known at comp... (by Chervil)
Get out of a while loop inside a do-while

Hello. This program is a simple calculator. You cannot divide by 0, thus when you enter 0 for division it will ask you if you want to try again. What I nee...
[2 replies] Last: Please give review about my program Hai........i am new user to this ... (by neo davis)
by sedso
Compiler?

Hello, Somehow I lost a (or some) configuration i Code Blocks. I have just reconfigured it to see the compiler folder but for some reason the desktop-program...
[2 replies] Last: I do not understand if it is a .exe file it should work even if you do... (by closed account ozUkoG1T)
seekp Problem...

HI! i'v got a file like this: Lesson Name:Math Lesson File Name:1892.txt Student ID | Number ---------------------- 1892 20 i w...
[1 reply] : You are looking to do it the wrong way. You'll put as much work into i... (by Duthomhas)
a Q about pure virtual method

i have a question about pure virtual method in the abstract class, like virtual void print() = 0; . if i have a subclass of this abstract class, in the class ...
[3 replies] Last: You need to repeat the return type in the derived class. There is so... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
function call

why i can't get the value for variable charge ..? here my code : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int displaymenuM(); int displaymenuN();...
[4 replies] Last: Which is one of the reasons programming never caught on in cyclopean c... (by cire)
Convert char to int

Hi, I am writing a file parser and I want to implement the Mouse_Move function. The function itself I have worked out, but I want to be able to pull numbers ou...
[3 replies] Last: How do I put a string value into the custom stream? either use the c... (by Chervil)
Reading char and converting it into different types

Hi folks, I am starting in C++ and I have a the following problem: cout<<"enter 123HDog and cat W346 edf gefh are good"<<endl 1*Save 123 into x 2*Save...
[2 replies] Last: duplicate of http://cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/88911/ (by muhammad92)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 56789... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.