Beginners - December 2012 (Page 8)

Reading a sentence and saving parts of the sentence into differnet variables

Hi folks, I am starting in C++ and I have a the following problem: cout<<"enter 123HDog and cat W346 edf gefh are good"<<endl 1*Save 123 into x 2*Save...
[2 replies] Last: It's not clear what are the rules used. Take this input string: "enter... (by Chervil)
wide char

I´m reading the tutorial on C++ available on this site and I´m trying to use a string made of wide characters. So far I´ve tryed this: #include<iostream>...
[6 replies] Last: This works in Windows with minGW compiler: #include <iostream> #incl... (by modoran)
void error

i want to ask, why in following code, an error "line 5 : `main' must return `int'" ..? #include <iostream> using namespace std; void main() { int x...
[4 replies] Last: Some compilers allow the return type of main to be void, but it's not ... (by Raezzor)
by RoMo
Scary error :@@

Hi helppp!! I'm getting this annoying error.. trying to compute a simple code, i'm doing all the right things; I don't understand!!!!; http://puu.sh/1FcFI...
[4 replies] Last: Ooooo.. thank you :) (by RoMo)
from file -> array -> sorting ? help with logic...

Hello all. Firstly I would like to tell my story. My task is make .txt file with 10x10 fillet with "0" and "X" prew of .txt file. 00X0X00000 X0000X0000 000X0...
[no replies]
by Borab
Longest Decreasing Continuous Sequence

Hey. I'm trying to write a program that returns the index of the first number in the longest decreasing continuous sequence in an array but I just can't come up...
[8 replies] Last: Well, you can investigate the following code #include <iostream> us... (by vlad from moscow)
by FSAEED
PLEASEEEE HELPP MEEEE!!! :'(

PLEASE I NEED TO DO THIS :( AND I DONT KNOW HOW !!! THANX IN ADVVANCE :'( (A) The rainfall figures in mm are available for each day of the past four weeks....
[7 replies] Last: No its not an assignment its a problem from last year exam and i cou... (by FSAEED)
Help with understanding homework

Good morning, I have a problem with understanding my homework. I have to write a program that computes a circumference of a parametric curve(it is really not i...
[3 replies] Last: I was asking for circumference. As you say `circumference' of a polygo... (by ne555)
A Begginer's Plea

I have Visual Basic 2012 installed and would like to learn how to use it and C++. Although I have taken other languages before, I am completely new to C++. I ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, cire. (by codebender)
Error execution

HI I got an error. Please if someone can help me for this. I will be really thankful to you. Can anyone give me its solution. Compilation errors found: I...
[3 replies] Last: HI thanks for help but same code @ some other place is giving this err... (by khawar85)
Ideas for a C++ Project ?

Hey guys, Can someone please suggest a really awesome idea for a C++ project? I have already done a maze game, a chess game and some card games, but I need s...
[2 replies] Last: Search for something called easyBMP, it is a class you can use to open... (by RubiconJosh)
class constructor

Let's say now i have a class named "app", if i want to invoke the default constructor, i would use app a; or if I want to omit the variable name, i can use a...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah, I'm not saying you can't use them. By the way I also use the '::... (by S G H)
please solve my problem . . . . .

why this program is wrong ? note : at the first line t is the number of tests . #include<iostream> #include<fstream> using namespace std; int main()...
[4 replies] Last: Oh thank you so much I understood that the name of file is incorrect !... (by rapunzel)
by Layem
Loop problem

Hello, I am new to this website, and I am seeking for a little bit of help. I am studying C++ and I am facing some sort of a problem with the loop function. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, I fixed it =) (by Layem)
Multiple Relational Operators in a Single Statement

While studying C, I came across a peculiar problem that also persists in C++. The problem is mainly about using several relational operators within an expressio...
[4 replies] Last: The answers indeed were helpful. I had just missed the point of operat... (by Griffiduck)
file handling

is there any way to write a number to a file simultaneously receiving it from user without being pressed enter... i want the number to be entered in a file and ...
[3 replies] Last: Well, you could do it by capturing keystrokes, but the way I would sug... (by Chervil)
Enumerations and functions naming problem

I have made 7 functions and wanted to use an enumeration in a switch. The problem is that, i want the enumeration variables to be with the same name as the fun...
[5 replies] Last: I mean either to use a scoped enumeration or use an unscoped enumer... (by vlad from moscow)
How do I clear the screen?

I want to know how to clear the screen in my program. I'm using Code::Blocks on windows 7. I've tried everything I could find and NOTHING works.
[2 replies] Last: system ("cls") is bad i will get told of for even sharing this with yo... (by devonrevenge)
Where to start?? A program to create a 3D Editable Mesh Object

Hi! I am a 3d artist.. I can read most of the programming languages and have experience Adobe flash applications as writing actionscript and thats all. No...
[3 replies] Last: thank you! (by voodoochild)
Input Speeds

Why is scanf and printf quicker than their streams counterparts?
[18 replies] Last: Thank you, Cubbi. (by JLBorges)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 678910... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.