Beginners - December 2012 (Page 9)

Problem with the system("CLS") command.

So I put the system("CLS"); command at line 39 to clear the screen before it printed out a new menu in my program. Its saying that 'system' was not declared in ...
[1 reply] : You will need to add #include <cstdlib> to use system commands on ... (by Hippogriff)
Need help with this program (Basic).

This program is basically a test. So after the user selects the start option it will navigate them to the main menu. What I want to know is that after they sele...
[2 replies] Last: I didn't really get that. It might need to be dumbed down a bit, I'm k... (by plusone)
by Hotice
Binary search tree

Before I head into one-upping my program that renames .docx files that have a '+' in the name (it works in three directories), I figured that the right approach...
[7 replies] Last: I think I resolved my error. It all stemmed from the question stated a... (by Hotice)
I don't know what I've done wrong.

Hello, I'm trying to write a program that encodes text by using what I've heard called a "Trifig cipher", for fun. Each text character is represented by 3 digit...
[5 replies] Last: The loop seems like it's working now, but it's still putting out three... (by Armando Jenkins)
End of File Found Before Left Brace?

I am creating a text-based game with the Visual Studio 2012 for Windows Desktop compiler. I keep getting this error saying that the end of the file is found be...
[2 replies] Last: I tried to add all my code, but the forum tells me it's too long. Sor... (by closed account EAUX92yv)
Void main and Int main

OK. I have heard that using void main is like murder, but I cant find exactly why. Also, if it is such a bad thing, why do I see some people using it??? Last...
[8 replies] Last: OK! Thanks everyone!!! (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
when to use '+'

i try to use the following code but failed (compilation error occurred) string toString(){ return _name + " is " + age; } and cout << _name ...
[5 replies] Last: It should work as-is to an extent. See if you can compile the example... (by Stewbond)
Output Problem

I'm working on a program to read the hours worked and rate of pay. It would then calculate the pay, taxes, deductions. I also have to account for overtime which...
[3 replies] Last: But I want OTHours to equal whatever the overtime will be so it will o... (by FaffyWaffle)
by ofey
stringstream doubt

hi, i just learned about stringstream and would like to know why the following code snippet works: // entry/name/status are vector <string>. // each element...
[8 replies] Last: You shall show a little respect for the community by not polluting i... (by ofey)
how to insert the merge sort function to the program please help

#include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using namespace std; int data ,data2 ; int n; void tukar(int a,int b) { int t; t = data ; ...
[1 reply] : Are you trying to get rid of your prototype functions and put them in ... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
how to practice

I'm very new to programming and want to know what I can use to practice my C++ in, is there a program i can download or something that I can program in in C++? ...
[2 replies] Last: I'm on windows so I will try one of those first ones out, thanks so mu... (by brogrammer)
by ft95
string in switch (1,2)

Hi, Could we use string in switch? for example: string num; getline(num,1000); switch(num): { case'1' cout<<"....." case'2': cout<<"!!!!!" }...
[35 replies] Last: Thank you so much. I understood many things. (by ft95)
best way to know if the information is added successfully ?

hi everyone ... I have to write a bool function for my project, which prompt the user to add some information in tow-dimensional array then I should check if t...
[4 replies] Last: if the data is correct, meaning a number instead of a letter, and yo... (by SamuelAdams)
Flood Fill - Close but not working

I'm working on a flood fill routine; I think I'm close, but it's not quite working right. I tested it with a bitmap 32x32 pixels with the starting point at 16,...
[2 replies] Last: doh! thanks, that should fix it. (by HellfireXP)
calculate factorial of a number with 20 digits

how can I do with the algorithm of this... calculating the result of factorial of a number with 20 digits and print the result??
[13 replies] Last: You are expected to create a BigNum class to do the math, then use it ... (by kbw)
Help with displaying a soon to be map

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char map = { "#######################", "# #", "# ...
[2 replies] Last: Haha, thanks :D Never would've thought that it was going to be somethi... (by DJLad16)
Send filled information to email

How to make an dev c++ Send filled information to email.
[1 reply] : Hi there, You will need an SMTP library (or write your own SMTP handl... (by closed account o3hC5Di1)
From Dev-C++ to Xcode

Hi! I still have my .cpp files from Dev-C++ and I opened them using Xcode and they do open fine but I can't run them? There's no run button unlike when you make...
[1 reply] : At a guess, you need to first create a new project, then add your .cpp... (by Chervil)
by hakym
C++ Compiler

Please, i'm new to programming. Where can i download C++ compiler
[3 replies] Last: I really don't understand why anyone would knowingly promote an obsole... (by Chervil)
I think im getting dumber, why isnt this function finding the lowest?

i drank too much a couple of days ago, maybe i damaged my brain cos i still dont feel like i can think. void find_lowest ( float arr ) { float retone=0;...
[6 replies] Last: yeah thanks guys these are all basics, some of which i didnt know abou... (by devonrevenge)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 7891011... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.