Beginners - December 2013 (Page 3)

by Garion
Stringstream

I recently started playing around with stringstream. From my understanding (which could be wrong) it acts like a string container but with some extra functions ...
[5 replies] Last: cool, that will be incredibly useful. (by Garion)
scientific notation problem

Hello everyone! I was messing around with code a bit and found out there is something strange happening with this code: #include <iostream> using names...
[4 replies] Last: I get the output of 6.626e-34 with gcc, clang, intel, sun, and ibm... (by Cubbi)
Cannot Interpret Compiler Error

Hello. I am creating a program to read the data from a file, remove the quotations from the words and store the words without quotations in a vector. However, I...
[2 replies] Last: Ha, thanks. I tend to mix up my variables sometimes. edit: wish it w... (by heyyouyesyouiloveyou)
Exception doesn't work

This is exact copy from tutorial, Why exception isn't thrown / displayed ? I don't see it in console output. Maybe because My compiler isn't configured properly...
[3 replies] Last: @JLBorges: Thank You. It was all explained in the tutorial I just did... (by mario0001)
array !!

I set 2 places in array called a . despite i put for loop exceeds than my array, it works correctly and give me the answer of a correct !! how does array work...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much :) (by MGeorge)
Passing pointer to function

Is there a different rule when we are passing a pointer to a function we sometimes write ampersand with it but when we are passing it throw array we don't write...
[5 replies] Last: in case 1 ampersand was required for calling and in case 2 we didn't... (by Cubbi)
by Loxo
do {} while ( x && y) exits for x or y

Hello, I'm just starting to get my head around cpp. My second do {} while () is exiting the loop when either one condition is met rather than both. I've found...
[5 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> #include <c... (by Loxo)
closeing outside of visual studio

nevermind
[1 reply] : ---- (by ProgramMaster)
microsfot visual studio express 2012

Yes I was currently running my program and I was trying to ceate a finished product on my desktop but every time I open it..... it is not staying up just flashi...
[3 replies] Last: Alright thank you for your input but the thing is it debugs fine insid... (by ProgramMaster)
Calculator Not Working Right

Hey, so i tried the calculator problem from "Jumping Into C++" chapter 6 problem 2. it asks you to create a calculator where the computations are performed in s...
[4 replies] Last: alright thanks guys. yeah i dont know why i put string and cstdlib, i ... (by josepho16)
Constructor inheritance.

I googled this topic but everything I came across wasn't what I wanted. I am trying out the example posted in classes I tutorial but using constructors. My firs...
[1 reply] : When derived objects are created the base constructor is called first ... (by Hippogriff)
by alsade
question about array of class objects

what do i need to change in the class so that ill be able to declare an array without gettin error notification? this way i get an error: #include <iostrea...
[3 replies] Last: No I wouldn't say it's null terminated, it is just because C++ uses ze... (by Hippogriff)
by dero
loops

hey all I have written a code where I read different ranges from a file and then perform a specific operation within each range I read. My code is really long...
[no replies]
by alsade
problem with initialization

why does the line "this->name=name" leads to an error and how can i solve it plz? #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class ...
[10 replies] Last: true...thx very much for your help! (by alsade)
Transition from Windows to Mac and back...

Hey there, I use Xcode C++ at home and Turbo C++ (Windows) at school. All the programming I have learnt has been on the Windows Turbo C++ IDE. I was given a pr...
[1 reply] : 1) conio.h is not a standard header. 2) Not in a standard header. ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Editing Text File

Thanks!
[1 reply] : What is your problem exactly? Do you get any errors or something? Plea... (by Stormboy)
Help!!

I'm working on a program from where I can open all my games. But I'm quite new to c++. Is there a way to make it possible to add games from the program itself ...
[10 replies] Last: Not sure if you're still interested, but I've finally gone back and ad... (by closed account j3Rz8vqX)
four digit unlock code

I have written a simple code that prompts user for an code to unlock the rest of the program. My problem is it only allows me to use a single digit. I'm using t...
[3 replies] Last: I think u mean that the code is not written correctly when You say a s... (by DoltishDisciple)
Alt signs

I will have ╔ insted of É then use alt+201 in dev-cpp, how to do that ??
[5 replies] Last: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8w60z792.aspx (by mobotus)
What is a vector <vector<int>>

What is a vector <vector<int>> ivv; I know what a vector <int> iv; but what is vector <vector<int>> Thanks
[7 replies] Last: Thanks guys, I'll learn arrays once they come in my book even tho I th... (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
December 2013 Pages: 12345... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.