Beginners - December 2013 (Page 67)

by leo255
What's wrong with my use of Stringstream here?

The program basically works as I want it to work - It grabs data from an input file, and then checks if the data is valid - The invalid data gets written to one...
[no replies]
by mdeeza
trouble working with a class

Need a little point in the right direction working with classes with separate header / driver / initialization files currently receiving these error messages...
[1 reply] : [code firstline=49]bool money::equalMoney(money otherMoney) const { ... (by long double main)
Need some help with this.

I am working on a program where i prompt the user for his/her name and i have to verify that the name only contains alphabetic characters. here is my coding....
[1 reply] : I would use another variable. bool isValidName = true; for (int x = ... (by long double main)
normal distr. simpsons

I am looking to modify this piece of code to use simpson's rule double integral(double a, double b, double(*f)(double)) { double sum = 0; double err...
[no replies]
how i will make calculator that lets the user to make a lot of calculations i have problem with the numbers of variables

Write your question here. Put the code you need he#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { for (double z=0;double z=3;){ ...
[1 reply] : while loop (by mobotus)
Array as pointers?

Well , i just read that when we pass an array to a function, then it is treated as a pointer.. n the parameter in function receives the array address as its arg...
[5 replies] Last: @codewalker If you already know the size that you want then pass cha... (by andywestken)
by refeik
user defined functions

When i write this function using user defined functions, i always get a syntax error by the sum. //declare identifiers int x,y,z,max,min; //read three in...
[no replies]
Polymorphism clarification.

Reading the tutorials on this website. Breeze through friendship and inheritance. Get to polymorphism. Read about halfway through the article. Get to my ABCs (a...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Cubbi]the operator & constructs a temporary nameless pointer, ... (by Cubbi)
explain

Names beginning with two underscore characters or with an underscore character followed by an uppercase letter are reserved for use by the implementation—th...
[1 reply] : can someone please explain this ? To avoid naming conflicts. doe... (by Mats)
How does this While loop work?

Hello, I was reading a c++ book for beginners, and i came across a program that takes two strings and 'tack' one to the end of another, i understood most of it,...
[8 replies] Last: When the second loop ends, pszTarget points to the last element of the... (by JockX)
please help me finish.

i am so close to finishing this program that will count the occurrences of letter in a word but i cannot get the calculations function to work. i believe that i...
[3 replies] Last: the program runs fine if i remove the function calculations from the p... (by LostCoder368)
by wolfv
sizeof array element

In the code below, 'a' and 'r ' both refer to the same object (correct me if that is wrong). sizeof(a) is 12 while sizeof(r ) is 1; why are they not the same s...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you kbw; it's good to be aware of object slicing. (by wolfv)
DirectX SDK help?

Yeah, so I think this would go into the beginner section. Anyway, I just downloaded it... Have some questions. Before, I used Code::Blocks. So, could I replace ...
[2 replies] Last: Well, thanks for the advice. I have kind of gotten nowhere in the past... (by AceDawg45)
Wget Doesn't Work

I've been tackling this code for the past several hours and I've hit upon a snag when attempting to use wget from the command line. As I understand it, using th...
[no replies]
Need help with pointers

Ok, I'm learning C++ through a book I found online (Fundamentals of C+ Programming by Richard L. Halterman). After each chapter there is some exercises. The ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, I think I got it: #include <iostream> #include "counter.h" using... (by m4ster r0shi)
A Little Help?

This is very simple but i can't figure it out! I made the pin number: 3373 But it will not let me true... #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #in...
[3 replies] Last: The == operator doesn't work this way on arrays. It sees the arrays as... (by chrisname)
Assertion failed, overloading operator=

Why does my assertion fail? If I implemented it correctly the line " vector y(2);" in main should initialize an object of the class vector. The constructor s...
[3 replies] Last: There is already a vector class in namespace std, so I used vector1 #... (by ats15)
by h4ever
Error RC1004: unexpected end of file found

How would you solve the situation when you have big project, which compilation lasts 10 minutes, but then you find error "unexpected end of file found" This...
[7 replies] Last: error RC1004: unexpected end of file found I got it found, it is ... (by h4ever)
by jskako
Printf

Hey everybody, I am currently developing a program, and I forgot how to print "%d", literally, so compiler does not recognize it as an integer, is that "'%d'...
[3 replies] Last: You simply have to "escape" the '%' with another '%' sign. This would ... (by aleonard)
Using name space std

Why we use using namespace???? what is mean of std???/
[5 replies] Last: Just a note. Avoid using using namespace namespace_name use using... (by codewalker)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 6566676869
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.