Beginners - December 2013 (Page 67)

unclear "comand"

Hi, can someone tell me what "for(;j;j--)" exactly do in this given "program"? i used it in class ...
[3 replies] Last: Too late. Validation for spam behavior. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum... (by Duoas)
receiving an image/ structure with c++

Hi, I am struggeling with this: i have this "image/structure" given: 0 00 000 0000 00000 00...
[3 replies] Last: Patience, young paduwan. http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/contr... (by Duoas)
Repeated Averages Being Displayed

I'm writing a program which calculates the average of several students' test grades. Whenever I run ...
[4 replies] Last: That fixed it. Thanks, cire! (by castellanspandrell)
How to read specific numbers from .txt

Basically I am trying to do calculations with numbers from a txt file. 4 32 8 38 6 38 6 16 7 ...
[1 reply] : When you have read the file, have you stored each separate number from... (by Mats)
How do I know what code an address points to?? Debugger isn't very helpful

My program keeps crashing on some function, and so I ran the debugger and it gave me an address. But...
[16 replies] Last: Sure, I'll look at it. (Why not? :) ) (by long double main)
Dynamic array inside a structure

Another 11th hour challenge from my homework. I know exactly what I need to do, just not how to do i...
[no replies]
Inheritance Help!!!!!!!!!!!

When I compile, i get an error stating that I need a return value for my GetArea() function inside o...
[3 replies] Last: It compiles perfectly now. Thank you! (by Raspb3rry14)
Pointer Problems

My test runs but I don't think I am using my pointers right but after days of trying to figure it ou...
[no replies]
by leo255
What's wrong with my use of Stringstream here?

The program basically works as I want it to work - It grabs data from an input file, and then checks...
[no replies]
by mdeeza
trouble working with a class

Need a little point in the right direction working with classes with separate header / driver / init...
[1 reply] : [code firstline=49]bool money::equalMoney(money otherMoney) const { ... (by long double main)
Need some help with this.

I am working on a program where i prompt the user for his/her name and i have to verify that the nam...
[1 reply] : I would use another variable. bool isValidName = true; for (int x = ... (by long double main)
normal distr. simpsons

I am looking to modify this piece of code to use simpson's rule double integral(double a, dou...
[no replies]
how i will make calculator that lets the user to make a lot of calculations i have problem with the numbers of variables

Write your question here. Put the code you need he#include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[1 reply] : while loop (by mobotus)
Array as pointers?

Well , i just read that when we pass an array to a function, then it is treated as a pointer.. n the...
[5 replies] Last: @codewalker If you already know the size that you want then pass cha... (by andywestken)
by refeik
user defined functions

When i write this function using user defined functions, i always get a syntax error by the sum. ...
[no replies]
Polymorphism clarification.

Reading the tutorials on this website. Breeze through friendship and inheritance. Get to polymorphis...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Cubbi]the operator & constructs a temporary nameless pointer, ... (by Cubbi)
explain

Names beginning with two underscore characters or with an underscore character followed by an uppe...
[1 reply] : can someone please explain this ? To avoid naming conflicts. doe... (by Mats)
How does this While loop work?

Hello, I was reading a c++ book for beginners, and i came across a program that takes two strings an...
[8 replies] Last: When the second loop ends, pszTarget points to the last element of the... (by JockX)
please help me finish.

i am so close to finishing this program that will count the occurrences of letter in a word but i ca...
[3 replies] Last: the program runs fine if i remove the function calculations from the p... (by LostCoder368)
by wolfv
sizeof array element

In the code below, 'a' and 'r ' both refer to the same object (correct me if that is wrong). sizeof...
[9 replies] Last: Thank you kbw; it's good to be aware of object slicing. (by wolfv)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 65666768
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.