Beginners - December 2013 (Page 68)

Return type for main( ) ??

Why is return type of main( ) always int ?? Why not char or float or something??
[15 replies] Last: Arudino comes with a freestanding C++ implementation See Michael Meiss... (by JLBorges)
by azad90
Function logic error

Hello everyone, Do you mind checking my whole coding below, the program is purposely created to compute the cost of the call when certain call is made during...
[1 reply] : 1) implementation of "EnterDay" is weird use std::string (or at least ... (by codewalker)
by Jane J
How to read line by using while loop?

Hi, I'm a beginner for C++. I want to use while function properly, but there is a tricky part. I tried to read line character from file. So I made a Class. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much!! I understand clearly. I was looking for this ki... (by Jane J)
by RabMac
Dev C++ - including header files

Hi, I have made my class interface and saved it as "Factorial.h". I have then written the class implementation and saved it as a .cpp file. In the .cpp file ...
[1 reply] : Well I now know that my header file is working and my problem is due t... (by RabMac)
by enemy
array in outer function

Hello! Is function OrderArray using m2 from main or sth else? All the other is ok functioning!!! Many thansk! #include<iostream> #include<s...
[2 replies] Last: Hello!žHow can I get the array m1 to get MEMORISED in main and trans... (by enemy)
function definning and calling

small]before asking question i tell you that i am new one learner of c++ explain answer in simple words and give example also. How to define a DrawRectangle f...
[2 replies] Last: This looks like your homework and I suspect you will have very little ... (by RabMac)
The ID was sorted but the contents aren't

Hello there, I'm trying to build a sorting program that will sort product ID's and it's contents. I'm using the product ID as a base for the sorting. But there ...
[4 replies] Last: Product temp; (by keskiverto)
SDL resize event not responding

I typed this from a tutorial. The tutorial shows though the window being resized however on mine, you can not change the size if the window, but yet the close ...
[no replies]
How to check if values are inside an array?

The below code is able to see if a value is inside the string array of names in the main function. However, how can I set the function to return the number "7" ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks! (by CuriousGeorge)
error massage for new line at the end

Whenever i try to compile a perfactly working code in my compiler Quincy 2005 <www.codecutter.net/tools/quincy/‎> I get following error message error: no n...
[2 replies] Last: @JakeTheHuman hmmmmmm.......OK so what am i supposed to do ? 1) Chang... (by closed account 4jzvC542)
by hilft
exception question!

why is "mine caught", when b is thrown? isn't it supposed to catch "yours"? can someone explain plz! #include <iostream> #include <string> #i...
[1 reply] : This is because the "b" variable is an instance of class "a". If you n... (by J4ke)
Black Jack Game need help

I am making a simple black jack game and I good idea on what I need to do to finish it. However, I am not happy with the functions that I have made called Draw1...
[no replies]
Wrong output being shown on screen.

I have written a code here that gets data from the input file from the user and returns and output on the output file.I have a character id that stores in up...
[9 replies] Last: If I were to ignore all the help I'm getting here, then i'm not gainin... (by fahmankhan75)
Opening a new screen

Basically, I would like to make it so that once you make it to the end of the part containing string AccountType, you can hit the enter key and it essentially ...
[1 reply] : Is this what you mean? http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/4z18T05o/ (by Duthomhas)
by khal
Finding the Power

Hi, I am trying to take a number and round it up to the nearest power of two, and then get what power the number was raised too. For example 1133 will become 2...
[1 reply] : The logarithm is the inverse of the power function. y = log b x x = ... (by Duthomhas)
My program is DISEASED?? It crashes when I call a function??

I am very desperate. I don't know why my program is not working. The problem happens when I call a certain function. I would include it here but it is too long....
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/112111/ (by ne555)
try to understand pointer

Hello! I was reading the tutorial about pointer on this website and I found a sentence that I don't quite understand after several times of reading. What does i...
[3 replies] Last: Let's put some context to that (excuse my variable names; I was typing... (by long double main)
Multi dimensional array.

Can you help me to start this dimensional array. The output will be: N N² N³ N4 1 1 1 1 2 4 8 16 The first nume...
[2 replies] Last: Here's a rough outline to do this: int ar ; //declare the 2D array ... (by heebleworp)
Print out prime numbers using an array

I need to code a program so that it can compute all the prime numbers less than a number input by a user. Say I enter "100", the code is going to find all prime...
[13 replies] Last: Thanks for the info on arrays. I was able to set up some arrays that o... (by Garion)
Only "assigns" the number to the variable if I cout?

I have a variable I'm trying to set to a certain number, but it won't do it unless I cout that variable first. The details are in the main function... #in...
[3 replies] Last: The main problem is that: int secondFunction (string theArray , int n... (by Chervil)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 66676869
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.