Beginners - December 2014

Help need! on effective dictionary

I want to do> when final output have 1 char repeated more then 3 times that generated line ignore and don't place in to the output file. #include ...
[no replies]
Stuck at a codejam question.

Hi fellas, actually I was practising some google code jam problems. And I got stuck at this question. I thought that I have pretty much figured it out. But when...
[2 replies] Last: Actually, after reading the question a little bit more carefully- I re... (by abeginner23235616)
What am I missing

Alright so I've attempted to complete two problems from this site one of which I'm done with(The small factorial challenge). The one I'm stuck on is the trailin...
[1 reply] : i would like to count the zeros this way: for(int i=1; i<=N; i++) { /... (by anup30)
Trying to erase elements within a vector

The program asks for the users favorite games, then to add, remove, or finish the list. I can't figure out how to remove a game within the vector. I've tried th...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/algorithm/find/ // using std::fin... (by anup30)
by Jun77
using iostreams but dont work properly

i write data in binary mode " ios::binary " but data comes in this form: ìý" 2“yvÜŸ þÿÿÿÛsv³Ãßw €@èw · èw   èw ¬þ" i dont unde...
[7 replies] Last: You can find a good description of linked-lists here: http://en.wiki... (by AbstractionAnon)
whats wrong here??

Cannot fix this error. Help!! Line 7 shows the error as a comment. #include <readline/readline.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(int argc, const char * argv ) {...
[5 replies] Last: As previously requested, please show us readline.h (by AbstractionAnon)
by r0bot
fibonnaci in variable sized array

Dear forum, I'm trying to make a fibonacci numbers generator with variable size of Array. The code is as follow int main() { int n = 1; //th...
[8 replies] Last: @Spikerocks101: What you wrote does not need a separate function: int... (by keskiverto)
dynamic multidimensional arrays in ctor

hello, I need to create a dynamic 2D-array in a class. Here is my idea: class GameOfLife { private: int** Matrix; public: GameOfLife(int rows, ...
[1 reply] : // 2D dynamic array #include <iostream> using namespace std; void se... (by anup30)
func - 2 dim - sum outer cells

what is the wrong ? #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> int sum (int a ,int s); using namespace std; int main() { int N; int n=N-1; ...
[1 reply] : First of all you should re-study how to write and call a function... Y... (by minomic)
does anyone know how to create the delete function?

does anyone know how to create the delete function? i tried many ways and i cant make it. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> usin...
[7 replies] Last: what do u want to delet? (by rabi ansari)
Printing the Tic Tac Toe Board Correctly

Hello! I hope you are having a fantastic day. Do not mind the functions playerOneWin() and playerTwoWin(). My main question resides in the function, printBoard(...
[1 reply] : your question is not clear... (by rabi ansari)
Relational Operators

I know the following code that you will see is probably the ugliest thing that you have ever seen. I apologize for that. Anyhow, I am currently trying to meet t...
[2 replies] Last: Gosh. Thank you so much. Best, Jae Kim (by jhykima)
Checking if the numbers are arranged.

Merry Christmas! I am attempting to check if the numbers provided by the user is in numerical order or not. The logic seems reasonable but then the program does...
[11 replies] Last: Or you can use what Duoas suggested, std::is_sorted(), which I was not... (by Code Apperentice)
Help with io/fstream

Is there a way to read a file for only '#' chars and store them in an arrayWall , and do the same for '.' chars and store them in an arrayAir ? and will I ha...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Aceix! Duoas' version of gotoxy() works only on windows That... (by Sanction)
Proof read code for improvement

Hi, I know re-inventing the wheel is not something that's popular but I just wanted to create basic data structures in C++ and improve my coding. If any of the ...
[4 replies] Last: Made the changes. Glad that there weren't more mistakes. Thanks for yo... (by codeman123)
by spatio
Changing Identifier Names en masse

Say I have a snippet I want to use, except I want different names for identifiers. VS will highlight all of the same identifiers, but is there a way to rename t...
[1 reply] : Yes, like most applications Visual Studio also supports find/replace u... (by naraku9333)
Array error: too many initializers

I don't use arrays a lot so I apologize if this is a very simple question. I want to create a const char array but I continue to get the error: error C2078: t...
[1 reply] : Value in double quotes is a null-terminated string; an array of charac... (by keskiverto)
Help

Hello guys. For example you are opening some kind of program whit ShellExecute. How you should write the code that the compiler do some actions with opened prog...
[3 replies] Last: @ OP: I'm about 90% sure that you're asking about Inter-Process Commun... (by Computergeek01)
Unused value

Help needed, getting this error when trying to compile: In function 'int negamax(board, unsigned int, unsigned int)': main.cpp:222:22: warning: second ope...
[4 replies] Last: I can comment the arithmetic if-expression out of my function. It can ... (by pacman169)
Functions like isgraph()

I have a method 'replaceStrChar' which replaces ',' by a space and ')' by 'U'. This method is called to modify 'textstr': textstr = replaceStrChar(textst...
[no replies]
December 2014 Pages: 123... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.