Beginners - December 2015

Non printing/printable characters

How can i get information from keyboard for non printing/printable characters for example cin ctrl+c, cin ctrl+a, cin space? As computer games are created for...
[4 replies] Last: You can use many libraries. SFML, SDL, Allegro etc etc. All these have... (by TarikNeaj)
by hdyh
binary search tree proble. help !!

This code is about to insert number, i want to change it to search a name or alphabet according to inorder,postorder and preorder. Help me to change some syntax...
[5 replies] Last: Please post your modified code (by dhayden)
How to make this simple?

How to make my code simple? i wrote it for little practice but end up being a long enough code. ///Bot Program :3 #include <iostream> #include <exception>...
[6 replies] Last: @GibsRey. Look into what @BDanielz wrote to you. Learn about classes... (by GibsRey)
Don't know how to get started

Greetings everyone! I'm currently learning C++, and I have just passed the topic 'Pointers'. I have no problems understanding, when I'm reading sample codes ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everyone for the great answers. I'd appreciate it :) (by Gulogomi)
Good C++ Book Recommendation

I'm new to C++. I am about to finish reading my first introductory C++ reference book. (Only Linked List and Stacks and Queues to read) The book is C++ Progr...
[2 replies] Last: JLBorges, thank you! (by mpark4656)
How would you utilize Enumeration?

I'm new to C++. I've read my first programming book. I've decided to revisit enumeration chapter. And honestly, I don't see why enumeration is useful at all. E...
[6 replies] Last: @TarikNeaj Thanks for the video. It makes sense. @koothkeeper I trie... (by mpark4656)
Too many functions, too many arguments, how to simplify?

I've been writing a program and it's going great but production has been slowing down due to the fact that it's an exclusively old-style console program. It cur...
[9 replies] Last: From output: Syntax error. Syntax is: corrupt <ifile> <ofile> <strt>... (by RealGiganitris)
Facing trouble with maps.

I've been assigned a problem, and I am really stuck right now. Here's the statement. The students of a university are able to enroll in various activities (gro...
[5 replies] Last: It's actually simpler that I initially thought. Thanks for the help gu... (by jgg2002)
I need help with a checkers C++ program, I'm not sure what's wrong.

I'm fairly new to C++ and was trying to make a checkers program. I'm getting an error once I type the x and y coordinates for the piece I'm trying to move. Side...
[7 replies] Last: I'm getting an error once I type the x and y coordinates for the piec... (by cire)
Question concerning vector of pointers

Why does the following print out different memory addresses for the bullet object vector<Bullet*> Gun; Gun.push_back(&bullet); Gun.push_back(&bullet)...
[12 replies] Last: That's clear Anon. Thanks for the help everyone. (by Student555)
Ifstream and ofstream mixup

void registerNewAdmin(vector<Admin> &admins) { bool read = true; while (read) { ifstream infile; infile.open("admins.dat"); string strU...
[5 replies] Last: Admin(string str) { istringstream issin(str); string split ; i... (by Perpiris)
by ahmmkh
passing unlimited arguments

hi c++ geeks i was wondering if i can pass infinite arguments to my function so i don't want it to be limited like this for example void Example (i...
[7 replies] Last: actually i want them the same type (by ahmmkh)
by Arshh
Please explain the output received.

The code written below gives the output 3 when values entered each time is 1. i want know why doesn't it add up to 5 and why is the output 3. Please explain ...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you everyone and Shadowwolf for explaining me and giving me the ... (by Arshh)
by alitt
problem with array

this code get 5 numbers and find bigger number it works correctly but when i insert 5th number,it doesnt work correctly,it just compared entered numbers:1,2,3,...
[2 replies] Last: Easier and faster way to do this: #include<iostream> #include<algor... (by jgg2002)
Contacts book without using struct or class

Hi there, I am new to c++ and i got an assignment that asks to create a c++ program where the user can "add", "remove" and "search" for a contact as well all...
[1 reply] : You use functions inside your main file for the input removing and sea... (by TarikNeaj)
by Albos
Why does it work with if(A[i]>4) but not with if (A[i]<0)

So there's this problem which says to add all the numbers together BUT that are bigger than 4, so for example this vector A(4) = {5,-4,-1,6} the sum would be 5+...
[10 replies] Last: You've experienced the reason why goto and labels are a bad idea: it's... (by dhayden)
Where to learn professional C++?

Hey, I'm trying to learn C++ at the moment, but I will need to learn Python and java in the near future, so can you tell me where to learn them PROFESSIONALLY? ...
[1 reply] : No book, video or website will teach you everything. For java you coul... (by Thomas1965)
need help with if else loop

Always have trouble with if else statements. I can't get "Good choice!" to output when i enter LeBron. What am i doing wrong? #include <iostream> using n...
[11 replies] Last: Having the if, else/if blocks gives you three choices. if "LeBron,"... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Please help, i dont know what is wrong with my code (infinite loop)

my program is supposed to assign seats in an airplane using a 2d array, i cant figure out why it is not working #include <iostream> #include <string> ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you, so much, i cant believe it was that simple, i tried so many... (by jeffschlund)
by Kfp
Need Help for a pick game

Hey, guys. I am a beginner for C++ programming. I need to program a pick up game, which I need to drop anywhere from 1 to 10 cookies. And I also need get a rand...
[15 replies] Last: Yes I did. Horizontally, when the cursor move out of the bound, it wil... (by Kfp)
December 2015 Pages: 123... 43
  Archived months: [nov2015] [jan2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.