Beginners - December 2017 (Page 17)

Subtracting a minimum score out of an average

I have written a c++ program to calculate student grades. I have confirmed my code is correct for a main.cpp, a student.h file , and a student.cpp file but I am...
[1 reply] : If I understand your code - you’ve created a class “Student”. - ... (by Enoizat)
Dictionary menu thing? Due tomorrow x.x

Ok so my professor wants me to create a menu driven program that translates english to spanish and vice versa. He gave us two files which were the spanish word ...
[3 replies] Last: Normally you should read both the files at start of main. If the user ... (by Thomas1965)
error multicharacter constant

i am getting an error of multicharacter constant for the line SENTINEL='-1' .i am not able to understand why.can anyone please help me out of this.iam tryig to ...
[1 reply] : Use single quotes ' only for a char, and double quotes " for a string.... (by lastchance)
by Slee
Structures and File input questions

So basically, I have no idea. I can't get getline to work for the structure and I've been trying for hours upon hours. I'm also using a function. Any help would...
[3 replies] Last: ID number, name, answer That still leaves room for uncertainty, I c... (by Chervil)
B+ tree removal

Hi everyone, I have posted my original question on stack overflow. Please take a look at it and if you could offer me some help it would be great. Thanks. ht...
[no replies]
Project Random Number Gen to be

Hey, I'm a newbie here and came here cause I'm stuck on how to approach something. Here's the info, I'm working on a project to prove that the lottery can't ...
[1 reply] : The likely hood that sequential matches occur increase by a insane amo... (by SamuelAdams)
c++ vector guestion

Write a program that inputs ten integer values from the keyboard. Each value should be pushed onto a vector. After inputting the values, remove from the vector...
[8 replies] Last: I think I got this one and I even solved the problem I was having with... (by Joe C)
by Joe C
Vector Issue

Hello, I'm learning C++ with VS 2017 using a text book called Programming: Principles and Practices Using C++ (second ed). I'm beginning to think there is a c...
[3 replies] Last: Thank for the advice. Yeah, I basically skipped over the vector porti... (by Joe C)
3 function program returning incorrect answer

I'll be upfront: this is a homework assignment. I'm not looking for a fix, but I am confused as to what I've done wrong. My assignment is to write a program tha...
[1 reply] : Your functions should be returning a float, since you deal with decima... (by fiji885)
by f2200j
compare two input files

For the most part my code is working the only error which i think is that i coded the file names instead of letting the user enter the names. the program wil...
[no replies]
by f2200j
Arrays. column values into rows

SO the program will read two different files and put the columns into rows. somebody posted the entire question on chegg which might be easier. http://www.che...
[no replies]
Vectors

Hello guys. I've a problem with vectors and I can't realise what's wrong. My task: Enter 2 numbers N and M. N shows what is your length of your vector and M sho...
[1 reply] : You have a couple of problems. 1) Line 16: As you iterate through t... (by AbstractionAnon)
Hello

Hello, I am asked to create this simple program for my c++ class. Having some difficulty. Below is the question. Ask the user for five names. If the user ent...
[7 replies] Last: Hello bk1303, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting button) ... (by Handy Andy)
by Hanske
Differences between these two pointers

Hello, I'm going through some interesting exercises and would like to ask a bundle of questions as I go through the problems. Here is my first question: ...
[3 replies] Last: Yes. It's legal, but it doesn't make a difference. (by Peter87)
While loop is not ending

Hi, I'm working on an assignment and we have to simulate the game of craps. When i go run my program it gets stuck and just keeps outputting and will not end. ...
[4 replies] Last: Ganado, AbstractionAnon, and Handy Andy, thank you guys for all of the... (by Morris7498)
Having problem with 2D Arrays [Seek Guidance]

So guys I am new to C++ and I just cleared my basics and now I'm studying arrays Everything goes well The logic development The problem solving techniques T...
[4 replies] Last: the actual memory layout lesson: c++ is row major. if you stored 10 ... (by jonnin)
Endless loop when incorrect value

Hi! I am creating a program that uses arrays. I'm struggling in one area when a user puts an incorrect input (like a letter), I don't know where the code should...
[1 reply] : Hello skydawgg, The if statement at line 71 is missing its opening an... (by Handy Andy)
Vectors problem

Hi. English is not my native language so I'm sorry if im not correct. When i try to assign 48(ASCII=0)to plansza and run the programme it crushes.... Dont kno...
[6 replies] Last: It will use more memory I don't know what you've done, but if you de... (by AbstractionAnon)
"Press any key to continue" Help.

Hey there ans good morning! I have a problem when I try to enter my second statement for my second employee. After I enter my first statement for my first emplo...
[17 replies] Last: At line 29, the user is supposed to enter the Salary. At line 34 the ... (by MikeyBoy)
help with permutation problem

How can I find the number of permutation of different types of objects? example: There is 5 walls. I have 5 cans of Yellow paint, 3 cans of Red paint and 2 c...
[3 replies] Last: I mean I want to do this with C++ I did do it with C++ ! Can yo... (by lastchance)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.