Beginners - December 2017 (Page 18)

hello

hello im trying to run this program . menu which include functions the cases worked perfectly alone (in a separatr projects) but when i added it to the menu...
[4 replies] Last: Hello shirshir950, You are Welcome. In the future PLEASE remember to... (by Handy Andy)
dereference operator with pointers

Hi guys I am just reversing a string and I find when I leave out the dereference operator I get strange results it seems to print the following to the console ...
[3 replies] Last: is it not the other way around? As you have found, no. To summaris... (by Repeater)
How to access class objects within a linked list?

I created a doubly linked list which is able to successfully store a list of class objects, however I am having trouble accessing that linked list. If I set t...
[11 replies] Last: Your insertLast() is seriously different from the AbstractAnion versio... (by keskiverto)
Assistance with assignment question

Write a program that takes a positive integer from user (use JOptionPane class for both input and output). The program outputs the factorial of that integer. Th...
[3 replies] Last: The answer for 24! is too big to fit into an int. A the biggest an int... (by Hengry)
by focuz1
Binary Search Problem

I am trying to get my binary search to search a sorted array for a key given by the user, but I am not sure how to implement that. This is all I have so far. I...
[no replies]
Help with assignment question

Hi guys. I have been studying for my C++ final in the coming week and I was trying to do this assignment but I couldnt figure out how to do one of the parts. Ho...
[1 reply] : Your code block in missing. (by Joe C)
writing code to check if year is a leap year

I need help with fixing the error I get with my code. The error is "expression must have point to object type." #include "stdafx.h" #include <iomanip> #incl...
[7 replies] Last: Helped a lot thanks you. (by ricardo l17)
by OllieO
speech to text for mac

Hey, so I am trying to create a program that combines face tracker with a voice recognition to text software to create an app in which the speech that someone i...
[1 reply] : Yes, it's um... "complicated". Honestly I'd suggest that you move on t... (by helios)
sorting an array

hi guys I am using a quick sort to sort elements in an array but I have across a problem,my program when run displays a blank screen instead of the order of the...
[8 replies] Last: Do you want to perform a case insensitive sort? If so, I think the pro... (by Enoizat)
by imren
c++ vector sum of elements helping

this is my code #include <iostream> #include<conio.h> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main() { int n,sum=0; cout<<"Input n:"; cin...
[5 replies] Last: Line 9 reserves n elements. It does not initialize them. Lines 12-13... (by AbstractionAnon)
Output Says Press any key to continue.

Hello all! I have a problem where I enter my first statement in the output, it works but after that, the output says press any key to continue and the output...
[2 replies] Last: that is the standard output from the windows (dos) console command "pa... (by jonnin)
Outfile not writing to txt

I'm trying to produce an output file named 'emp_data.txt' containing results from the following functions: output_payroll_data and output_payroll_summary http...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the response. (by ashley50)
Help with assigning array

How can you assign the intersection array? I tried to do it and all I get was 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 What I wanted was 3 7 14 17 21 #include <ios...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, thank you. I got it. (by zhaoyun99)
Function not calculating

Hi! I have written a code, which calculates x, y, sum and module of difference between y and sum with the help of functions. The result of function y must chang...
[1 reply] : x is uninitialized. It may be zero in a debug mode compiler. Y(x) is... (by jonnin)
Entering 6 values to see the output (Please help)

I have problem with my program when I build and run it, it makes me to enter the value 6 times to see the result. What I know is, when I declare more variables,...
[1 reply] : it makes me to enter the value 6 times Well, you're doing 6 cin stat... (by AbstractionAnon)
This is due tomorrow, Please help. (1,2)

Ok so my teacher wants me to create a menu driven program that allows the user to Create entries, Display entries, modify entries, and Delete entries. The thing...
[22 replies] Last: No problem man (by fiji885)
Can't seem to cout.

I'm trying to have it cout the area, perimeter, and circumference, but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong for it. I'm trying to cout the perimeter in this se...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Garribean, Line 2. I do not know what is in "circle.h", so it m... (by Handy Andy)
by H00G0
Issue with program comprising several classes.

Hello everybody! So I'm having a bit of an issue with a simple exercise program I'm working on. I have to write a program for a hospital to calculate a pa...
[3 replies] Last: You're passing your "PatientAccount" by copy: the original one will r... (by H00G0)
Troubling Error I Can't Fix

I can't seem to get this code to run. Error is on line 64 and says unknown was not declared in the scope. How do I fix that. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
[1 reply] : You're trying to use a variable, unknown , that doesn't exist. What's... (by Repeater)
Craps simulation

Hi, I'm trying to make a game that simulates craps that has to be functionally decomposed but I am getting errors that say: Program5.cpp:210: error: stray '\...
[2 replies] Last: Oh my gosh. That worked thank you! (by Morris7498)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.