Beginners - December 2017 (Page 19)

Fahrenheit > Celcius

Hi, I am trying to create a little fun program that calculates Fahrenheit to Celcius and opposite, I've only created the Fahrenheit part for now. Thank you! ...
[3 replies] Last: It says at the bottom In function 'int main()': and: parse error at ... (by Chervil)
by kayo2
File adding too many values to array

I am trying to input values of type double into an array from a file. The array is allowed to hold up to 20 rows and must have 5 columns. It can, however, have ...
[4 replies] Last: That actually makes a lot of sense. Thank you very much for your help ... (by kayo2)
URGENT i have 2 hours to pass up my assignment

(Need to use sentinel-controlled while loop) this is the work "students at a school volunteered to sell fresh baked cookies to raise funds to increase the nu...
[7 replies] Last: Alright thank you very much! (by MulStudent)
by cash
convert to string

What is another way I can convert this float into a string other than to_string? string s = to_string(Accountbalance); //I wanted to change balance in...
[2 replies] Last: You could use std::stringstream as shown. Another possibility is the s... (by Chervil)
by cash
2d vector

How would I create a vector matrix of size 3*4 using vector and with nested loop? I dont want to use this std::vector<std::vector<int> > sparseArray(...
[2 replies] Last: > How would I create a vector matrix of size 3*4 using vector and with... (by JLBorges)
task

this is the work "students at a school volunteered to sell fresh baked cookies to raise funds to increase the number of computers in the computer lab. Each stud...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you so much bro, i owe you (by MulStudent)
please help with bubble sort c++!! thank you

hello there! I need some serious assistance, and I can't figure this out by myself. I am writing a program that is SUPPOSED to ask the user for the size of an a...
[9 replies] Last: awesome! thank you so much!! i will study it, you've been a great help (by cppnewbie13)
by sagek
Rock Paper Scissors random number generator issue

I've been assigned to write a program that plays rock paper scissors against the computer and the code I've written doesn't display any errors with the code nor...
[3 replies] Last: What I'm trying to figure out is why that error message is displayed.... (by AbstractionAnon)
Trouble with algorithm

Hi guys I'm having trouble understanding how i = 5,I actually wrote the algorithm myself which is pretty funny,anyway in the for loop i will run less than size-...
[2 replies] Last: thanks Andy,I never knew i got incremented until it was less than the ... (by adam2016)
Text adventure game

Hello I need help with a text adventure game but the code is to long to put here, how can I get around that to post it to get help?
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> // prototype your functions void myfun1(); void ... (by fiji885)
by chuvak
Control reaches end of non-void function

Hi forum, I am running into an odd issue. G++ tells me a warning, warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type] . Any thoughts? My code...
[5 replies] Last: TheIdeasMan, we have not learned vectors yet, thank you for your inpu... (by TheIdeasMan)
TASK, I NEED HELP

So I have a task to make C++ ... Program has to check if its possible to make a word using first words letters. For instance first word is flower second on...
[2 replies] Last: Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewor... (by keskiverto)
Not understanding output

I am taking a C++ Programming class and my final is on Friday. This is one of the questions on the final exam study guide. The question assumes that the user in...
[2 replies] Last: "soccer" was skipped because the else applies only to the next state... (by AbstractionAnon)
Menu Program

I have to make a menu program that allows the user to create a file, read that file, modify the file and delete the file. I have been pretty stuck for a while n...
[2 replies] Last: You were given a skeleton of a menu program in your previous thread. h... (by AbstractionAnon)
Competition and team making

Write your question here. I have a task to do and i couldn’t find the way to solve the problem here is the problem below and i hope anyone can help me: ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes but i need to write the code and i dont know how (by Mhammad daoud)
by ericM
polymorphism pointers and operator>>

Hello. So I managed to create my polymorphic class creating two derived class from the same. I'd like to be able to read data from file dynamically, so I overlo...
[1 reply] : std::istream& operator>>(std::istream& is, BaseClass* &bc_p) if you ... (by ne555)
by DE98
random movement of character

I was hoping if someone can help me with cmatrix::fill
[6 replies] Last: cmatrix.h -- This header file contains the declaration for the CMatrix... (by DE98)
Help a new guy out!

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; string names ; int weights ; void ...
[2 replies] Last: A common issue is that on windows the program executes so fast the out... (by jonnin)
by Ruuko
Make an shape

hello i'm the beginner on programming i need to make this shape in order : \x\x\xx/x/x/ x\x\x\/x/x/x xx\x\xx/x/xx xxx\x\/x/xxx xxxx\xx/xxxx xxxxx\/xxxxx with ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main(... (by lastchance)
by YikUTM
How to read the getline from txt into arrays?

HELP! I'm Stuck! How to read the subject names(sn)from txt into arrays? Besides, I also want to store the credit hour and the grade into 2 separate arrays. I ca...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> #include <s... (by lastchance)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.