Beginners - December 2017 (Page 2)

Functions

Hello,everyone! I have to write a program that check if a string contains only allowed symbols like +, -, *, / and (), , {} using a function and I need yo...
[2 replies] Last: think about the process you would do this on pen and paper. Then code ... (by SamuelAdams)
CodeBlocks compiler confusion.

Hey everyone, Of course I'm new to programming. I'm using DEV c++, but I have searched on google it says its old and buggy and says use codeblocks ins...
[4 replies] Last: Whether you use Orwell DevC++ or Code::Blocks on windows, you are like... (by Chervil)
Missing ';' after top level declarator problem

At the code below there is a simple function with these errors: gastos.cpp:13:6: error: variable has incomplete type 'void' gastos.cpp:13:50: error: expected ...
[6 replies] Last: why that? I expect you left out a semi-colon. I am having to use ps... (by Repeater)
push_back not working in loop

In the code below, I tried to let the user input text, and it would output the first word. However, whenever I try the program to input the text, it doesn't out...
[1 reply] : It most likely doesn't reach the cout statement. That's because there ... (by Chervil)
by Handge
Xcode C++ play sound file

How does one play a sound file using Xcode on a Mac OS X. For example if I want to play the file test.mp3 on xcode how would I go about doing this?...
[11 replies] Last: Please see if you can run the following. Name the file snd.mm and u... (by cocoaplus)
shutdown command problem

How correctly put variable in shutdown command? ... system("shutdown -s -t //variable//"); ...
[7 replies] Last: My third option should have worked, but it's pretty much equivalent to... (by Ganado)
Need help for my exercise

Write your question here.\ So i have experimented a bit with this exercise but im still not sure how to program it. If possible or if someone knows any algorit...
[3 replies] Last: But the thing is that there can be 10 teams with 99 different colors a... (by NOSgraf)
How do i make the board reprint with an X if there is a match

How do i make my board reprint the board but with an 'X' in the section that there is a match, and how do i make the board with randomised numbers? #inc...
[2 replies] Last: Your initBoard function seems a little unorthodox. Line 19: You do r... (by AbstractionAnon)
I don't know where i made the mistake

So i have an exercise where when i put the wrong input for the number of matrixes it shows me the correct output. But i want while i put the correct input to...
[3 replies] Last: OK. It is'nt the smallest # of operations, its the brute force algor... (by jonnin)
atm program

In this program when the loop is repeated the balance inquiry gives the standard balance.Not the value after withdrawal. similarly when cash is deposited it giv...
[2 replies] Last: I like it, I want to use YOUR ATM! it looks like you compute the star... (by jonnin)
Variable and file type to make file

Hey everyone, I'm trying to make files by what user has input. my code makes files but it doesn't have an extension like, .txt .dat or whatever. can...
[5 replies] Last: I think for the beginning Dev C++ is ok. Here is how to set the compil... (by Thomas1965)
My program does not work.

Write your question here. So the exercise i have is to find the biggest sum of the numbers of the stairs that we can get( each stair has it's own number) unti...
[10 replies] Last: "MAXSTAIRS" is in capital to let you know that is defined as a constan... (by jonnin)
Compare

I have looked at the compare tutorial here on C++, but I must still be missing something. Originally this code worked. It would compare the input to informat...
[4 replies] Last: You're missing my point about lines 4 and 16. You declare and set fou... (by AbstractionAnon)
Multifunction Program Assisstance (1,2,3)

Only complex ideas make it easier for me to understand program intricacies. Working on a multifunction program which starts out utilizing a case switch betwe...
[59 replies] Last: Hello codingN00b2017, I believe your problem comes from if (input.co... (by Handy Andy)
Nested ForLoop Help

Hello. First post as a very newbie to C++ programming. I've been working through the exercises in the C++ for dummies book version 3 and got to nested ForLoop...
[2 replies] Last: OH! now i feel very silly! When you see the whole output it makes sen... (by gconroy09)
Trouble selecting a microcontroller/processor for a robotics project

I am having trouble selecting a microcontroller/processor for a robotics project in C++. I have a program working on my computer that is 1.5+ KLOC and relies on...
[no replies]
Using Classes

In Chapter 6 of Beginning C++ Programming, I followed the instructions to code a search program. However, I still have error despite going over the code severa...
[4 replies] Last: Hi JL, Thank you very much. What a difference braces make!!! (by phztfte1)
Char value == 0? Non-numerical values interpreted as zero

I am testing my Calculator program's error message by inputting random letters and punctuation, hoping to see the error message "Error, please make your selecti...
[3 replies] Last: I figured out a way to make that work however it is still throwing out... (by mrberry)
by drs135
Pointers help

I want to know how i can output pNum and how i can deference a pointer. Any help is appreciated. #include <iostream> using namespace std; void inpu...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> void input_details( int* n1, int* n2 ) { if(... (by JLBorges)
by Handge
How to print out Text File

I have a text file that has some ascii art in it, and I was wondering if there is any way to just print the contents into the console, it is in a txt file.
[15 replies] Last: > For large files, could rdbuf fail where another method such as while... (by JLBorges)
December 2017 Pages: 1234... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.