Beginners - December 2017 (Page 21)

Need assistance with never ending loop using ncurses and a doubly linked list

I have an assignment to use ncurses and a doubly linked list to create a single line text editor when run on the Linux server. I'm sorry for the length and co...
[1 reply] : [code firstline=113] while(temp != NULL) { //while the list exist... (by ne555)
Menu options

Hey guys! Kind of a basic question but I cant get it right. Im using a do while loop to run a series of menu options. The options go through 1,2,3,4 and 0. The ...
[3 replies] Last: you could use the boost::program_options library. It is easy to use, r... (by ericM)
by rmeade
BUILD FAILED exit value 2 error need help

Hello, I am always getting this error message which is preventing me from running my program, the following is the full message I receive. If anyone has a solut...
[1 reply] : `PatientDemographicInformation::printPatientDemographicInformation()':... (by goldenchicken)
String split

I have a part of an assignment that i just don't understand and can't find anything in the book or online. "Input their name into one C-string. Split up their ...
[2 replies] Last: First read the names into a string with fgets. Declare 3 strings for ... (by Thomas1965)
by dms99
Inputting spaces from cin?

I am working on a movie rater program and in it I ask the user to input movie titles. Cin does not allow the user to type in spaces if the movie has a space in ...
[7 replies] Last: One way to do this is to use a for-loop to examine each character in t... (by Chervil)
using the default keyword

if i have defined a class called Book, and i write the following 2 version of the copy assignment operator , are they equivalent ? Let's say I have ...
[6 replies] Last: bump (by masterinex)
by atita
crashes or doesn't work as intended

I have had this this assignment and I just don't know what is wrong with this function. Every other function works as intended. this Function should compare a c...
[12 replies] Last: Thank you so much. I followed your advise and managed to find all the... (by atita)
by ajh
Array Table issue

Hi, this is my first time here and I am learning arrays in c++ and I am supposed to create an array which will display a table with the Monkey column (Monkey 1,...
[1 reply] : To align fields in the output, use the manipulator std:setw to set t... (by JLBorges)
too many parameters for this operator function

I have declared a overloaded version of the chevron operator within my Book class. But i keep getting the error : too many operators for this operator function...
[5 replies] Last: Consider use of the overloaded operator in: std::cout << my_book ... (by JLBorges)
A graph should be traversed

Hello, I have a weighted directed graph, with 10 nodes, which begins with the node a. And the nodes are connected to each other (the specific connection is show...
[no replies]
by jsbd29
Need Help C++ Data structure

Hey Everyone. I've given an assignment on C++ Data structure. I'm using visual code. I've finish all the required part but sadly I've encountered errors on t...
[no replies]
Visual studio code not finding librarys

Goodday! I have a small problem with visual studio code. It keeps giving me squiqly error about not finding the librarys like <iostream> and <windows.h>. I hav...
[3 replies] Last: Hello krreisys, I am not sure why you would have to recompile the ".d... (by Handy Andy)
Trying to use a linked list with ADT, but getting an unexpected error that I am unsure about

I am attempting to write a doubly linked list with abstract data types to store class objects from files passed to the program as command line arguments. At the...
[3 replies] Last: class.cpp #include "class.h" #include "include.h" /* --- Begin T... (by Elliander)
by Cygwin
How could I initialize variables I want to input data in?

I'm getting: In function 'void arrReplace()': 9:14: warning: 'arrname' is used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized] In function 'void arrInpu...
[1 reply] : There are so many errors in your code it's hard to know where to start... (by jlb)
by ericM
problem with polymorphism

Hello, I am trying to write a function that transform a une subclass into a different one (both inherited from the same virtual parent). class Parent{ p...
[2 replies] Last: which is cool, I managed to understand your answer and use a less eleg... (by ericM)
So im a beginner to programming...

... I need some help actually, im actually wanting to start into c++ programming first but i dont know what or how to start learning. Are there any books or any...
[4 replies] Last: Creating a game is a very complex process, that ofcourse if you mean 2... (by krreisys)
conversion problem

When i run this code, I am getting : Error C2664 'void Coord<double>::setX(const Coord<double> &)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'double' to 'const Coord<d...
[1 reply] : The setX() function expects a parameter of type Coord <T> . But y... (by Chervil)
How to convert strings into ints in C++?

Hello, I'm trying to write a Sudoku program in C++ and I'm having trouble converting a string of both chars and ints into usable ints. What I'm trying to do ...
[1 reply] : Hello mmayed, there are several ways you could change a string or cha... (by Handy Andy)
Why does this work (COM & strings)?

I'm messing around with MS text to speech and wrote some code to iterate through voice attributes stored in the registry // ~ 50 lines removed for brevity I...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Peter87, you are correct. I should've thought of that (by DrZoidberg)
Mixed mode

I had an assignment for class and got it back and lost a few points for using mixed mode. I can't see where I have mixed mode so I was hoping some other eyes mi...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=helios ]Can we first define what "mixed code" means? Because th... (by Chervil)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 1920212223
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.