Beginners - December 2017 (Page 4)

by Thelps
Parse .txt and find a word(s) and surrounding data?

Hi all, Just wondering if someone could provide some sample code to read from a specified .txt file, find a word and then output that word, and, say, any wor...
[4 replies] Last: Unless you have a line in the file that contains only the word "Number... (by cire)
Login/Registration Program

I'm working on semester project and I need help with the login/registration parts I'm studying file handling and my concepts are kind of weak when it comes to F...
[2 replies] Last: first of all, I am going to assume you at least started working with f... (by Troaat)
palindromes

Hello, everyone. I need some help with a C++ code I am writing. So we have a string (for example: antnaoсantnnff) And what I have to do is to find and print...
[1 reply] : Here's one approach. Go through the string and see if each character ... (by dhayden)
by al8888
code transferred to mobile device behaves differently.

hi i wrote this on my pc but when i transferred it to my phone and compiled it on c4droid the modulo function hangs. can anybody explain why it works fine on th...
[2 replies] Last: Some tips: You don't have to case (1): do that. You can simply wri... (by duman)
How to call a function from another .cpp to the main one?

Hello everyone, I am new to C++ (I developed in python and have some java) but I liked the language so I thought on learning it using a book called "programming...
[2 replies] Last: Should be #ifndef _SQUARE_H Note the negating n as 4th letter ... you... (by lastchance)
best way to learn c++

I'm currently in the middle of studying first year computer science and one of our subjects is C++. The teacher has told us our coursework is to build a game bu...
[3 replies] Last: It might be good to just read ahead in your class material to learn mo... (by dhayden)
by Ryan K
After reading from text file, search results aren't correct

I'm trying to write a program segment that allows the user to search through a database of profiles (which are stored inside a text file). The program accepts a...
[1 reply] : It looks like your fscanf() is incorrect, in several places. fscanf(... (by jlb)
separete numbers

guys,i need to separate numbers according to their occurrences eg if given number i= 34254 then 1st is 3 2nd is 4 3rd is 2 4th is 5 5th is 4 i used i=i%10; i...
[1 reply] : Why don't you post your code ? (by SamuelAdams)
C4150 deletion of pointer to incomplete type ''; no destructor called

I tried delete my structure delete it; and get warning, what this type is incomplete.
[4 replies] Last: Yes. (by JLBorges)
Visual C++

How to make a program for online shop?
[1 reply] : Hello alanrkd, Welcome to the forum. Just so you know this is not a ... (by Handy Andy)
by ZekDe
Some basic question

Hi friends, I am using Qt Creature to form applications and to new C++(not C) adventure I encountered like question below. what is static_cast here, <>, actua...
[1 reply] : what is static_cast here It casts a function pointer to a pointer to ... (by coder777)
Input of several sets of numbers

Hey guys, I want to read sets of numbers separated by spaces. The sets are separated by 0. Each set contains between 2 and 1000 numbers. The last line of ...
[5 replies] Last: Brilliant! That is exactly the correct way to view it. Nice job. (And,... (by Duthomhas)
My first Snake Game in C/C++

My first snake game with C++, without class or anything higher , Just use the BASIC functions I wrote code in Vietnamese without accent Of course there wil...
[no replies]
stopping code with input and if statment

What is wrong with this?? Why is it that when I enter 999 to the first question it goes ahead and asks the next question instead of stopping the code and spitti...
[1 reply] : Also I know I've got some issues here. I noticed if there is a penny f... (by kns28722)
What's wrong on my coding ?

I make a program for libary , but i cant give any number to variabel 'b' , can someone check my code ? thankyou.. #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> using...
[3 replies] Last: Thankyou so much ~! it works , and yes i have never looked into a boo... (by Programhelpa)
Linking libcurl statically throws unresolved externals.

I have linked curl statically before some time ago, but I can't remember how I did it. I've followed every instruction of every StackOverflow question, youtube ...
[3 replies] Last: This is still an issue. Note: even if I change from MDd to MTd the err... (by ExSanity)
New to C++, what is the mistake in my code?

Hey guys, new C++ learner here. I am having an issue with some code I wrote for a simple username + password program. The correct of both username and password ...
[1 reply] : The variables you create and set on line 19 and 23 cease to exist afte... (by Repeater)
by celion
No matching function call, std::array problem

I'm writing a chess program that i can hopefully later put graphics in with sfml. Right now, i'm stuck because I can't seem to call a simple drawboard function....
[2 replies] Last: Well, silly me... Thank you~ and merry christmas :) (by celion)
If all are true return true

I am trying to write a simple program to learn C++ The program will ask the user to enter a series of yes or no questions and return true or false if all are ...
[2 replies] Last: This is awesome. This gives me a start. i have several more complica... (by dschultz108)
by play4u
Assign shorcut to terminate console application

Hello! I've been given an assignment of creating a console application which simulates the movement of shooting stars across the night sky(the console backgrou...
[2 replies] Last: Oh God! You're right, pressing ctrl + c does stop the program. Thank y... (by play4u)
December 2017 Pages: 123456... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.