Beginners - December 2017 (Page 5)

Adding odd and even numbers

Hi guys. Ive tried several ways of doing this program, taking 4 numbers, then adding the even together , then the odd. I keep getting weird answers. Also, I'm s...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, I'm starting to have my normal day thinking being preced... (by danpbrown1973)
how would you store string in the object

Does anybody knows how to store the received message ( 'string' )to object? ErrorMessage errorState; void NonPerishable::message(const char* string...
[3 replies] Last: To put what's been said another way consider the following; std::s... (by Joe C)
by Daim
Noob need help

l just want to know how "GetYN" function is working like in "GetYN" function i declare that the "ch" does not equal to "Y and N" but when i am calling "GetYN" f...
[2 replies] Last: Hello Daim, Welcome to the forum and thank you for using code tags. ... (by Handy Andy)
how to use <graphics.h> header file in dev cpp?

i got sample snake game code from an open source and it starts with the <graphics.h> header file. the compiler can't run the program. anyone knows how to solve...
[2 replies] Last: You need SDL_bgi . http://libxbgi.sourceforge.net/ (by Duthomhas)
by Bopaki
I do not getting the output that I expect on my pogram

When I compile and run my program I expect 6 to be written to the output file, but I get 10757710 written there. What could be wrong? //Reads three nu...
[4 replies] Last: #include <fstream> int main() { const char infile = "file.dat" ... (by JLBorges)
if-else error

I am having problem with this statement please help.thanks for your time #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a=10,b;...
[7 replies] Last: thanks alot jonnin it was very helpful. (by salmanilyas)
creating an object in dynamic memory

Hello, i am unfamiliar with c++ and I was wondering how you could make helper function to create an object in dynamic memmory and return its address class_n...
[3 replies] Last: JLBorges is demonstrating to you how you would accomplish this using s... (by Uk Marine)
return value doesnt match the function

I am getting an error saying return value does not match the function type at the return sku part. Anyone knows why? const char* NonPerishable::sku() const ...
[2 replies] Last: The name of the function sku in the inner scope hides the name of th... (by JLBorges)
bar graph

Create a program that displays movie ratings on a bar chart, similar to the one shown in figure 8-28 Figure 8-28: How many reviewers? 4 Movie ratings mus...
[4 replies] Last: thank you. (by liz Lopez)
Why is my editSquare function not changing the value in the square?

Hi. I'm working on a project that's supposed to allow the user to play Sudoku. I believe I have most of it figured out, but when the user tries to edit the valu...
[4 replies] Last: Hi. I'll do this, but here's why I think it's not working. I'm suppose... (by Living4God1991)
Increment/decrement operator Problem

I need help with this increment statement: expected answer was 39 & 13 BUT i get 37 & 13 #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main()...
[8 replies] Last: Ok thanks for your time sir really appreciate it. (by salmanilyas)
When I right std::cin.get(); it's not working

why???
[3 replies] Last: Hello ehsan687, In addition to what bheadmaster says, what does your ... (by Handy Andy)
what is the use of :: in c++?

what is the use of :: in c++?
[1 reply] : "::" is the scope resolution operator, and it is used to define scope ... (by bheadmaster)
by H00G0
Game project recommendations.

Hey people! So I've had an idea for a game for a while now, while I'm learning C++. I think I can get around with pretty much the “basics” of object orient...
[11 replies] Last: I thought of making the tutorial of the game first, implementing the ... (by MikeyBoy)
Beyond the tutorials & pulling data from webpages

Hey guys. So, I'm a noob. I just finished all of the tutorials, and I'm wanting to get started on my first non-tutorial program. I work a job where I receive...
[4 replies] Last: Do download a file you can use URLDownloadToFile - no need for any lib... (by Thomas1965)
I will learn programming.

Hello, I will like to be good at programming. So I will ask about how to start. I have never used programming before, but I really wants to learn it. If you kn...
[5 replies] Last: Go look at Bucky's videos: https://thenewboston.com/videos.php Pick a... (by Nexius)
please help me. i have a presentation tomorrow

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void display(); int fabricNum; //declared variable globally int main() { int x,y,z; cout<<"enter warp...
[7 replies] Last: Oh dear, this is gold haha. How tempting is it to answer every post wi... (by H00G0)
by Sh0es
Is my constructor wrong?

I'm trying to make a working vector-type object as a personal exercise in data structures. I have the following primitive data in it. T* data; int size; ...
[7 replies] Last: AList<int> arr; arr = AList<int>() So here you have an object of t... (by Repeater)
by leorio
Strictly Increasing Sequence of Integers

Hey, guys. This is a problem on CodeFights that I'm trying to solve. Given a sequence of integers as an array, I have to determine whether it is possible to obt...
[11 replies] Last: Yeah, I should have tested against more values but at the time of writ... (by rabster)
Binning an array of data.

Hi, I have an 1 dimensional array of values. I did plot a histogram of the data in python (using the hist function), and it turned out great. But now I want t...
[2 replies] Last: since you are using a vector you can actually do most of the work here... (by jonnin)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 34567... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.