Beginners - December 2017 (Page 7)

by eci0x
comparing 2D array element with 1D array element

I have a dynamic 2D array and I need to compare it to a static1D arrays elements, but my code doesn't work properly.. P.S this is just a part of my code, every...
[2 replies] Last: do you really need count or do you just want a true/false equality com... (by jonnin)
I need some explanation on what i did wrong

So, i have created a program, which starts with a loop that asks the user to input his/her name and if the user inputs '-1' the loop will stop. My problem is wh...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for the quick response ! I have fixed the program ... (by syahmi101)
by H00G0
Question about Class Inheritance.

std:: cout << "Hello People!"; I have a question about class inheritance and more particularly about initialising them. Let me give you an example to explain w...
[13 replies] Last: Yep you're welcome :) (by Ganado)
by chuvak
Unresolved external symbols

Hi forum, I am running into an issue that is not allowing me to compile my program. I get external symbol errors and "multiply defined symbols found." I am not...
[1 reply] : Yeah template errors can be a mess... But focus on the first error ... (by Ganado)
Programm crashes at runtime (1,2,3)

Good evening again, here is my complete N-particle simulation of the other thread. The for-loop in my main() is supposed to do 200 000 iterations, but it on...
[44 replies] Last: Sounds like interesting stuff you guys are doing. I have heard that c+... (by PhysicsIsFun)
Polymorphism virtual abstract operator overriding.

I am trying to implement something similar to sort command in unix using polymorphism. I want to store items in memory in their "natural" type, meaning that num...
[8 replies] Last: Here is an alternative approach using pure value semantics and compile... (by JLBorges)
Sending Keypresses while not active(NOT for a key logger)

Hi, whenever the program runs and I click off of it, it stops changing caps lock. Is there a way to ensure it's always running until it's closed? (Note: I know...
[no replies]
how to learn C++ ?

Write your question here. Book learning ? I have three books. What I'm really looking for is finding out if my dinky code is efficient, readable enough, also w...
[6 replies] Last: Have you considered your local community college? Academic instructio... (by JayBari)
im confused

based on the notes that i saw ,how to make input and output in nested structure ,im confuse which one should begin with ,some notes start with customer and some...
[4 replies] Last: I thought you were going to serialize it to be stored in a file, sent ... (by Peter87)
video file conspiracy

First, kleptocrats leading armies of useful idiot statists made reality too terrible to live in, leaving only an artificial digital world to escape too. But I'm...
[15 replies] Last: Somewhat-related tip: In the standard Windows Explorer, you can type ... (by MikeyBoy)
did i make a virus?

I wrote a program to write infinite files and hence eat up all the memory of your computer.Does it work?The program doesnt end and my antivirus doesn't do anyth...
[3 replies] Last: the first arg to argc in main is the program name, probably with its f... (by jonnin)
by darje
Run Time

is the running time of this algoritem.. is O(n)? how to calculate this? i know is o(N)+O(10) +(O(5)*log(N) ? can someone explain The correct answer and exap...
[4 replies] Last: tnx you very much peter87 ! you really helpd me alot <: (by darje)
how to add a Integer and Real with Shared Pointers ?

I am trying to write a code that takes 2 numbers (actually 2 shared pointers of type Token) , first one real and second one Integer and multiply them together a...
[1 reply] : The question is what is the return type of get_value() ? Another poin... (by coder777)
by neyels
Trying to create a Main for Turtle Graphics.

I will be honest, this is a homework a homework question.(kind of). I'm taking my first year programming class, and I'm at the end our professor gave us two br...
[1 reply] : You can use the canvas class like this: #include <iostream> #include... (by Thomas1965)
OOP question

I originally started out trying to make a OOP that would add two numbers together using a method, and didn't use getter or setter functions. Well I failed. My u...
[1 reply] : What am I doing wrong? 1) Read compilers clarifications more careful... (by Enoizat)
Trying to Save User output to a text file,

Writing a program that calculates shapes sizes and dimensions but i need to figure out how and where to save the users output into text file. I'm stuck. Im u...
[1 reply] : You could save the output after the calculations. Also your function ... (by Thomas1965)
Can't figure out where my memory management is going wrong.

I am practicing classes so I I tried to make a class about an animal, where the private attributes are the animals age, number of previous owners, and a sequenc...
[8 replies] Last: @Repeater, thank you, I forgot that I wasn't suppose to put std::str... (by idknuttin)
ScalFMM

Has anyone here any experience using the ScalFMM library? I have a lot of questions pertaining to it and there is no single forum that can help me with it. Hope...
[no replies]
cbse 2017 question

I am not able to figure out how to calculate the answer.Its really confusing as we rarely use these commands in practical and read this only in theory. Fi...
[2 replies] Last: omg thankyou. It looks so easy now. :) (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
writing and reading objects from binary file

hello everybody i'd like some help on how to write and read objects from binary files. like in this code: // Example program #include <iostream> #includ...
[3 replies] Last: ok, i see. i think i'll stickwith the text files, then. thanks for the... (by Stauricus)
December 2017 Pages: 1... 56789... 23
  Archived months: [nov2017] [jan2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.