Beginners - December 2018 (Page 2)

cin.get not holding console

Following is a simple programme which i wrote for calculating array length. #include<iostream> using namespace std; int arz(int ard ) { int d=0,i=0...
[2 replies] Last: [code firstline=17] cin>>x; int are[x+1]; @ brijvit I would ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Is this a good way to recursively explore a tree structure?

Hi I have objects in a tree data structure and need a function to explore an object's parents/grandparents. I've written the following: void findEnts...
[1 reply] : A tree can have many children for each parent, but a child never has m... (by Browni3141)
map question

Complicated errors :/ Not telling which line has problem. https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/data-structures/hash-tables/basics-of-hash-tables/practice-probl...
[10 replies] Last: Yes, the end result is the same. (by Peter87)
by SMF
Linking Boost Library to qt

I recently downloaded qt to be able to create a GUI for my C++ program and was wondering how I can link the boost multi-precision library that I have downloaded...
[3 replies] Last: Right, let's look at that error message: "no such file or directory:... (by Repeater)
Error link1168

Hello everyone.My program was working but suddenly after i just changed some numbers it started to fail with error link1168 This window pops out _CRT_SECUR...
[4 replies] Last: Hello Zivojin, Your error is about not being able to write to the fi... (by Handy Andy)
What is wrong with this?

I am trying to write this such that [teaching c++ online course]: 1) reads a Cartesian point 2) calculates distance from origin 3) finds distance compared to la...
[3 replies] Last: No. Variables aren't created in function declarations, and line 10 isn... (by mzimmers)
Is there any way to pass a value to outside of a switch?

For instance, i want to pass the int a from case1 to outside of the switch statement for(;;){ do{ switch(XX){ case1: int a; case2: default: } (can i get th...
[3 replies] Last: ty bro (by LeslieLeslie)
by mcr99
Read Input from Text file

I have a text file with some names in this format: "MARY","PATRICIA","LINDA","BARBARA","ELIZABETH","JENNIFER" How can store each name separated on ...
[3 replies] Last: You don't need erase() and (in this instance) the comma is irrelevant.... (by lastchance)
by Bopaki
Getting a wrong output when running the program

Everything looks correct on this project, but the output is not correct. Here is what I get as output: Student Name: Lisa Miller Student ID: 890238 Number...
[7 replies] Last: You very welcome, Bopaki. Happy coding. (by Enoizat)
Converting vectors into a 4 digit number

Hello. I was recently doing a coding challenge where one step includes rearranging the digits from a 4 digit number to make it the largest it could be, using a ...
[1 reply] : One quick and dirty method is to build up a string from the individual... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by SMF
GUI for C++ Program

I have created a C++ program on my MacBook using Xcode and would now like to create a GUI for my program. How can I do this? I created a program using Python ...
[3 replies] Last: I was able to download Qt for free and use this to begin to create my ... (by SMF)
huge factorial

What is wrong with my program? The answer is little off. This is for calculating factorial #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { ...
[3 replies] Last: @kingkush but 100! won't fit in int (by closed account 1vf9z8AR)
Why this recursive function works?

This should return true if a number belongs to an array of numbers and false if not. I don't know how this works, because I call the function only by check(n...
[6 replies] Last: Oh okay so in short having defaulted arguments before non defaulted ar... (by Grime)
Making a square root function

I understand that you can use std::sqrt. I would like to avoid using cmath library and make my own function to do this.I have tried doing things like x^0.5 b...
[4 replies] Last: unless you are on a CPU that does not directly support it, you will no... (by jonnin)
Overloaded Class Operator

Okay, so the code below is a copy of code from an online course thingy I'm attempting, and is meant to be demonstrating overloading an operator. In this case it...
[6 replies] Last: I get it! That makes sense now; thank you each so much for your replie... (by Cheddar99)
convert do loop into while or for loop

convert this into while loop and for loop, this solved in do loop #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; main() { int num,first,second; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks....this really help me (by Mehmood Umer)
answer gives wrong

i probably solved but in last some problem and gives wrong answer please indicate the mistake #include<iostream> using namespace std; main() { int i,...
[4 replies] Last: Ok! (by Mehmood Umer)
Graphic library for math and geometry

Hi everyone. I am looking for advice on which library to use for creating graphic elements. What I want to represent are geometric elements as vectors on three-...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you a lot Ganado :) I'll try to do something with OpenGL. When I... (by riccardo)
there is some problem?? first seven terms add using for loop

#include<iostream> using namespace std; main() { int i,j; float f,sum; sum=0; for(i=1;i<=7;i++) { f=1; for(j=1;j<=i;j++) f=f*j; s...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much... (by Mehmood Umer)
How do to call this function

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <cmath> void quadsolve(double a, double b, double c, bool& real, double& x1, double& x2){ ...
[4 replies] Last: AH! I did not know you can just call a function like this, sorry still... (by imperialcplusplus)
December 2018 Pages: 1234... 22
  Archived months: [nov2018] [jan2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.