Beginners - December 2018 (Page 3)

second highest number find by loops

Hi, i made this program by loops to found second highest number and highest number from the inputs which user inputs.there are some issue i can not locate the p...
[5 replies] Last: cout << high-sec_high; (by jonnin)
Library 'not found' when called from VBA in Excel for Mac 2016

I compiled a dylib with two simple functions using clang++ as below: double sumar(double a, double b) { return a + b; } double restar (double a, double ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, the file libPerson.dylib is in folder Macintosh HD⁩/usr⁩/loca... (by dopazoma)
try to implement graph

i try to implement graph bfs but get compiler error error: invalid types '<unresolved overloaded function type> ' for array subscript| 1.is my approach making a...
[no replies]
by gvim80
How to Store Randomly Generated String and Compare them

Hello, How do I store a randomly generated string and Compare them #include "main.h" //all the includes using namespace std; //generate strings and...
[4 replies] Last: Hey, thanks for the replies but fortunately I've already figured it ou... (by gvim80)
swap letters in string

hi guys, so im building a function that swap every two lettres in a string. for example, "abcdef" will be "badcfe". i can't use: pointers and built in system f...
[4 replies] Last: @sp356069, that is great; however, the language is C++ and not Java. (by chicofeo)
Qt Creator -main window and second window

how do you hide the main Window after opening the second Window?Also, when the second Window is closed by the user, how can the main window reappear? these are...
[no replies]
Issue with code

On my Circle.cpp and rectangle.cpp I am getting the that there is an error that says epected unqualified-id before '{' token before the try and both of the code...
[6 replies] Last: Yes this is an assessment and I have to use exceptions. And I am stuck... (by natewill2)
Pair of numbers in array

Question- https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/data-structures/hash-tables/basics-of-hash-tables/practice-problems/algorithm/perfect-pair-df920e90/ Summary ...
[6 replies] Last: From the constraints on the problem page: 1 ≤ A i ≤ 10 3 . So th... (by dhayden)
by SMF
How can I install a library/program on my MacBook that will allow me to handle large integers in C++?

I am writing a program that involves working with extremely large numbers that are too large to be supported by any C++ types. I've done some research and found...
[1 reply] : You could try this one: https://github.com/panks/BigInteger Just add t... (by Thomas1965)
Where to Start? -- Game Development

I have a moderate knowledge of C / C++ concepts and I'd love to transfer to game development. Where would you say a good starting point is? Developer console ga...
[7 replies] Last: Since someone suggested SDL, I'll also add another: SFML. Both are qui... (by fiji885)
Cross Page Posting

What is Cross Page Posting?
[1 reply] : http://bfy.tw/LWPD (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
program size when using a std::vector

Program file bigger when using vector. My 2d grid contains 448 numbers, so 1,792 bytes but the program grows by 60 k when using a vector. gcc builds this ex...
[13 replies] Last: And that's why I don't use turbo c++ outside school hours.. (by Grime)
(How To) Problems with operator<< to output iterators

Hi everyone! In the last days I made a container class (forward list STL style) and I started to test it. Everything went fine until I started to test the...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much dutch, fixing it in the way you said solved the pr... (by cppStudent012)
clang++ -Xlinker -v reports error: linker command failed with exit code 1

When running clang++ -Xlinker -v , to look to the search path for libraries I get: @(#)PROGRAM:ld PROJECT:ld64-409.12 BUILD 17:47:51 Sep 25 2018 configu...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry I misunderstood you. This is what you are looking for clang++ ... (by poteto)
Quotient and remainder calculator

This is my source code which is meant to find the quotient and the remainder but it seems that it just enters the loop once and just outputs n and 0 all the t...
[2 replies] Last: That makes sense thank you. I am aware of this just trying different t... (by imperialcplusplus)
Loops and conditionals

I have been at this for a while and I just cant seem to figure out why this is not able to exit the loop once I input STOP. The value for more changes in the ...
[2 replies] Last: YES! I have just adjusted the value of STOP to STOP and now it does ex... (by imperialcplusplus)
reverse iterator

Reverse iterator is giving weird errors without showing which line has the error. const_ won't work as given on stack overflow. Part of code which I think has ...
[2 replies] Last: It's "i = it + 1" causing the problem. Try this for lines 7 and 8 abov... (by dutch)
Add Code Files

Can to add code files of different languages in App_Code folder?
[1 reply] : yes. (by jonnin)
std::getline doesn't wait for input

the getline std::getline(std::cin, input); in test 2 doesn't wait for user input I'm sorry for the length of code but I can't reproduce problem in any o...
[8 replies] Last: std::string input{}; is equivalent to std::string input; {} is use... (by Grime)
C++ job expectations

Hello. I was recently wondering what are the expectations of an average day of a C++ programmer at his/her workplace. Thanks for answering.
[3 replies] Last: Since we are talking about C++, my expectations would depend a lot upo... (by sp356069)
December 2018 Pages: 12345... 22
  Archived months: [nov2018] [jan2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.