Beginners - December 2019 (Page 2)

by asxxx
Reversing words

Hello, How can I reverse words in sentence? I try to do it with strtok. #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> int main() { char a ;...
[14 replies] Last: Err right! Glad someone's happy, even if it wasn't the OP! Belated Ha... (by lastchance)
Help! Hash map implementation confusion

Not sure if this goes in General or Beginners, but here goes. I am currently reading Professional C++, 4th Edition by Marc Gregoire. In one chapter, the author ...
[3 replies] Last: > Why is the type requirement CopyInsertable and MoveInsertable? > Wh... (by JLBorges)
C++ and other lang how to use both

A couple days ago I decided I was going to attempt to use a different language with c++ (specifically node.js). This resulted in a desperate search on how to in...
[15 replies] Last: I got you. I also learn some things in trial by fire fashion, just j... (by jonnin)
Im new, and my teacher dosent teach me nothing

Hi! my name is Tiago and i am starting a project at c, but my teacher dosent help me at anything i wish you guy could help me, and saying where i should start, ...
[1 reply] : which cloud platform? Most do not do a lot in c++ and prefer scriptin... (by jonnin)
Sorting file contents with C++

Hello, I want to sort the content of my file. but write to file isn't successfully.(No changes to the file) my file has two columns. Name Number John 123...
[7 replies] Last: What have you tried? Do you know how to clear a stream error flag? D... (by jlb)
by ubaidm
Issue with class templates

Hi, i am quite new to template programming, and i am getting the Error "LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall LStack<int>::push(int)" (?pus...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both..! (by ubaidm)
How to reach array's elements from map?

Here is my codes; I have map and arrays like this; Array dayHours{0,0,0,0,0,0}; Array1 day{"Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday"}; map<pair<st...
[2 replies] Last: map<pair<string,int>,pair<Array1 ,Array> > matchMap; You should use ... (by dhayden)
Issue with using iterators

I have the following code: struct Floe { int x{}, y{}, penguinsOnFloe{}, maxJumps{}, curJumps{0}; bool isInputNode{true}; vector<int> edges; ...
[8 replies] Last: tldr : the problem is the end conditions on both loops. You are try... (by dhayden)
Recording on one soundcard, playing on another (same box): am I guaranteed to run into drifting issues?

No two clocks run at the same rate. No individual clock runs at a consistent rate. So the question isn't if the clocks drift, but by how much.
[no replies]
Return array with unknown size in C

Hello, How can I print all of arr? we don't know what is the array size. ( Line 42) #include<stdio.h> #include<math.h> int Palindrome(int num) { int firs...
[11 replies] Last: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12992925/c-correct-way-to-return-p... (by againtry)
by B12885
Noob in need of help.

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out. I’m extremely new to coding. My first problem is my if . Else statement doesn’t seem to work a...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> int main() { float Purch... (by againtry)
by ema897
File reading

Hi! I have a problem with file reading. In particular, I have to find some keyword in text file and then I have to do different operations. I make an exampl...
[12 replies] Last: PS This is the output of unfiltered words I get on my machine: keyw... (by againtry)
Check file exist with File Descriptor in C

Hello Guys.. is there a way to check ONLY if a file exist? I mean.. if((fd = open(PATH, O_CREAT | O_EXCL == -1) && (errno = EEXIST)){ printf("File doe...
[4 replies] Last: Or perhaps this. https://linux.die.net/man/2/access (by salem c)
by Bopaki
These errors are frustrating me

I am. Getting this error: Implicit error conversion changes (aka 'unsigned int') to int' Errors occur at line 50 and 60 #include<cstdlib> #include<io...
[4 replies] Last: Hi, Bopaki. Very sorry for your laptop. I shiver to think what would i... (by Enoizat)
read from specific txt file

Hi guys. I got a problem. I need to read data from a txt file that I wrote. I have a student, class and school class. I assign random names and numbers to fi...
[9 replies] Last: Add these methods to every class : istream &read(istream &is); ... (by dhayden)
Removing Pending IPC OBJECTS (System V)

Hello Guys.. i looked for an answare to my question online.. but nothing has been found.. Maybe because there's no an answare to my question?? By the way this ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks all guys! ;) (by vittorioc98)
by Bopaki
Copied program from textbook but getting these errors

implicit conversion changes signedness 'int' to 'size_type'(aka 'unsigned int') //Demonstrates using a string object as ig it were an array. #inc...
[5 replies] Last: I am using my cell phone at the moment since my laptop has been stolen... (by Bopaki)
Grading system with templates

I'm currently working on a project in which I'm able to enter in the grades of each class as well as the student name(I'll work on that next). Things are lookin...
[6 replies] Last: See http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/266668/ (by againtry)
What library graphics in console

Does anyone recognize which library my local weather station in the image below uses to create the graphs and gauges? http://imgur.com/gallery/TtOQhiL
[2 replies] Last: Not likely a particular coding library. There are plenty of free tools... (by zapshe)
Getline doesn't work

Hello everyone! I am new to c++ and i am working on a program to practise string and getline, but unfortunately the getline doesnt even ask for input. Here is t...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks. It worked! (by Mariyan)
December 2019 Pages: 1234... 13
  Archived months: [nov2019] [jan2020]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.