Beginners - February 2013 (Page 3)

by skace
Problem with program

Hello, I am new to C++ and decided to try to create a program that would have a set of formulas where you would input the known data and the program would solve...
[18 replies] Last: you have used the assignment operator, instead of comparison. Line 2... (by nannasin28)
One question about printf()

Does printf() can't print a integer? e.g: int t = 3; printf(t); Help!!
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by ustbxiaqiang)
by meeram
Encoding Unicode Characters

I have a string with &# characters. for example "Its 100 €". Now I need to interpret that &#8364 to euro sign and stored into the db. How to encod...
[no replies]
Question with exponents

This is only my 5th program. I am writing a program that will calculate the monthly payment on a loan. They tell you to use the formula : Payment = Rat...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> #include <cmath> using names... (by Romilly45)
by Dhocks
reading unnecessary empty space (urgent)

This code is supposed to read this input graham crackers; 2 squares 59 milk chocolate; 1 bar 235 cheese, swiss; 1 oz 108 marshmallows; 1 cup 159 vector<stri...
[2 replies] Last: You sir or mam, are a life saver (by Dhocks)
double input into a decimal

I'm trying to write a program that will take the amount of money spent on groceries, and the percentage of sales tax, and give a total. My question is, if I ask...
[1 reply] : read the sales tax percentage as a float or a double. divide the input... (by abhishekm71)
help with c++ assertions

This is not my homework -- I'm just practicing. I can't seem to wrap my mind around this assertion concept. Help would be appreciated! thanks 1) Determine ...
[1 reply] : You need to specify the range of x values that will lead to the post-c... (by jim80y)
Need c++ assistance!!!! (1,2)

hello, I decided i need to learn c++, because i heard you MUST KNOW it to start programming, im only 12, and most things I look at are a bit complicated, so I f...
[22 replies] Last: well, i'm getting a book maybe later this week, i can't wait :D:D:D:D:... (by shadohound2)
dat file problem

So we are going through a .dat file and the file has student ids and grades. Where I am having trouble is the fact we are also supposed ot get the average of th...
[no replies]
Getting funky readouts with my while loop

i have a .txt file with some data, an example would be like this Monday 100 50 Tuesday 50 32 Wednesday 10 5 Thursday 70 65 where it shows the day, high...
[2 replies] Last: not sure what you mean by reading into 'day' twice. though i did try y... (by Mobius1)
overloaded extration operator without namespace std

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have a friend extraction operator that works if i include namespace std; but fails if i do not...
[2 replies] Last: Hey man, thanks a lot. This is exactly what i needed. (by Aerion4)
binary tree postfix calculator

Hey guys, me again. This time around, I'm working on a binary tree calculator. Unfortunately, although my algorithms are most likely correct. it seems my gras...
[5 replies] Last: No worries (by jim80y)
Some Questions That I Have

Hello I am new to the forum and to C++ I am going to be teaching myself and hope to make some 2d games in the style of Mario i was wondering i have done some Pr...
[8 replies] Last: I wish you all the best. Send me a message if you ever need anything ... (by Stormhawk)
How to exit a loop when the client wants

Im new to C++ and programming in general. I want to have the user exit the menu but display the final total. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you #includ...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry what I wrote wasn't that clear, Here is a better example int ... (by Stormhawk)
someone help me with my case study to be submitted thos week

1st Welcome: <full name> Enter Password (1…2…3): Note: You only have 3 attempts to enter the correct password. IF WRONG PASSWORD: “Password incorrect! ...
[2 replies] Last: sorry, will you please help me. :( (by barret50)
cin to uppercase

I know that this has probably already been asked. I just can't find the answer and that is why I am seeking help. Or it may be brain freeze because I know it is...
[14 replies] Last: I was really wreaking havoc with the first for loop. Suddenly, an ah... (by ebonygeek45)
Help with hash function

The code for my hash function is below. I get an Unhandled excepation at .... Access violation reading location 0X00000001C. long getHashValue(string City)...
[1 reply] : Moving this to beginners forum so more people can see it. (by chris11757)
Need help with setprecision

//#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() //int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv ) { double l; double h; dou...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <conio.h> using names... (by tj3434)
by rcast
struct object array, prog crashing

Learning struct and objects now. Why is my program crashing when I hit enter key after typing in artist name? struct songs { string artist; string track...
[17 replies] Last: No problem! Happy coding. (: (by Lynx876)
by RejjyL
getline gives me a empty first line

Been pullin my hair trying to figure what's causing this. Basically, got a for loop capturing user input using getline, and putting it into a string array. #...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for the clarification. Understanding what each method and fun... (by RejjyL)
February 2013 Pages: 12345... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.