Beginners - February 2013 (Page 61)

by DELB
What's wrong with my code? Tic Tac Toe

// Tic Tac Toe.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector>...
[16 replies] Last: No problem! Glad you understand it! (: (by Lynx876)
Cannot figure out why I'm getting an error

This is supposed to prompt the user to enter sales for each month and then calculate yearly totals, then finally a total sales figure. I have only done the fir...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks to both of you. That should have been obvious, but we learn fr... (by egg management fee)
by xsemel
sine functions wont compile

Any idea why this won't compile guys. I can't see why it wont work. #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; #define pi 3.141592654; ...
[9 replies] Last: oh yeah and just so ya know, xsemel, chervil reminded me of somethin i... (by cPlusN00b)
Newbie Problem

Don't make fun! http://gyazo.com/fefac0b392b36744d7d159d8e36209a9 #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; r...
[4 replies] Last: Resolved, thanks you two! (by Gamer Freak)
by send
How make binary tree with this code

#include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> #include <cmath> using namespace std; struct node // the tree node { int key; unsigne...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> #include <cma... (by send)
need to return more than one value? (1,2)

This function is in a separate .cpp source file from main.cpp. I'd like to have this function output the 5 values of change . Is this possible? For testing p...
[21 replies] Last: great thanks cherv! I will not be so scared to use new from now on :3 (by cPlusN00b)
Gaussian Primes > is_prime function

Hi. I'm having some trouble modifying an is_prime() function to accept only Gaussian primes. The three conditions I need to incorporate (for a+bi) are: (...
[1 reply] : > I'm having some trouble modifying an is_prime() function to accept o... (by JLBorges)
poblem with the swap()

the problem: type in seven numbers, make a program to list it from the smallset one to the biggest one
[1 reply] : the hint: you're not likely to get an answer if you don't at least try... (by cPlusN00b)
Operator Overloading in Class

I have taken this code From this website forum. #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string> #include <vector> using namespace ...
[5 replies] Last: Instance functions take an additional hidden parameter which is a poin... (by LB)
can any one elaborate the steps with comments

//Write a program to copy one string to another string, input the string into the //first string variable and then copy this string to the second string varia...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks Vlad and Chervil (by toseefasim)
Loading Tab delimited File in 2D vector string

Hi, This is my code to Read Tab delimited data from file and Load it into a 2D vector String vector <vector <string> > indexTable; int rowIndex,fieldIndex,row...
[3 replies] Last: My 2D vector got collapsing after reaching this statement. indexTable... (by Heartly R)
sorting list to ascending and descending order

i have tried 2 methods but didnt work for me. they only work if i have input element before i run the program. for my program it only gets the elements when i r...
[4 replies] Last: i can do it with predefined element in my list of structure. but my pr... (by zxcvbnm123)
by ofey
What does cin return?

I have just started reading a popular book by Skiena and was solving problems at the end of chapter 1. The description of input was: INPUT The input will c...
[2 replies] Last: Can I use the following to check for end of input? while(cin>>num1>... (by Catfish3)
Matrix inversion through EROs

Hello, I would appreciate some help with the following, the questions refer to the code below; (i) Change the read matrix() routine so that it reads the di...
[no replies]
Resizing Boost matrix class member

dear all i am building a class and one of its private members must be a matrix whose size is not know at the moment the constructor is invoked but later on d...
[3 replies] Last: Problem solved. I was doing this #ifndef __CHILLER20_H__ #define _... (by littleneutrino)
threading ?

im trying to implement a help function that can be called if i type"/help" in the console. this function can be called anytime while the main function is runni...
[10 replies] Last: actually that might work overloading the operator>> , it will save me ... (by imgregduh)
TCP socket Server: Render image on window

I'm working on a project and I'm a beginner in VC++. I'm creating a TCP server that will receive a bitmap and will show it on window. The motive is to receive...
[11 replies] Last: I'd suggest using CreateDIBitmap: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib... (by coder777)
by ocdjg
Issues with coding and compiling class

Hi guys. OK I got another class that is giving me issues. This class has more than one constructor and I think that is what is throwing me off. Here is the codi...
[4 replies] Last: Can you provide the error messages? And perhaps I missed something bu... (by randisking)
assigning a pointer to multiple numerical values?

I copied this code from a tutorial and got an error. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int firstvalue, secondvalue; int * mypointer; ...
[6 replies] Last: All this I'm on board with because to me I'm thinking that both varia... (by cire)
use a variable defined in main from another source file?

is it possible if I define a variable, say... int oranges = 0; in main.cpp and alter it like: cout << "How many? << endl; cin >> oranges; and have an...
[2 replies] Last: You should either to pass this variable as an argument to the function... (by vlad from moscow)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 5960616263... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.