Beginners - February 2013 (Page 62)

anyone know about neural networks?

I am starting to work with neural networks but I can't find a good explanation of the backprop code. I think I know what it is supposed to be but I want to make...
[no replies]
My function is always returning 1 (true) instead of variable

Hi, I'm struggling with a c++ class and haven't been able to find out why this function I've created (onHand) is always returning the value "1" instead of what ...
[12 replies] Last: was it because my array "coinArray" was in main and my onHand() funct... (by shacktar)
Program only reading in the first number in file

I think I figured it out, but I don't know how to delete the topic...
[1 reply] : This isn't just a place for you to get help but for others to read and... (by SamuelAdams)
Writing to an outfile

I am having problems writing to an out-file, I am new to programming but I have problems with writing to out files, just not sure where or how to place syntax, ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the info but this is a little too advanced, lol...if you kn... (by humnbrd)
Any alternative for goto function?

Hi guys. I'm new at programming and trying to learn c++. I'm searching alternatives for "goto" function since I know that goto has a bad name among programmers....
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for all the advices, they are golden for me, I'll certainly fo... (by TheIdeasMan)
Using system() to open a *.mp3 file

I am using to the system() command to open a *.mp3 file I have but when it runs it is run using Windows Media Player so the window pops up in the middle of the...
[2 replies] Last: I am still having the same problem D: It doesn't seem to have any effe... (by Fatal Exception)
custom new/delete for memoryHeap(Unresolved external error)

I'm getting a weird error involving my memory initializer function that is in the namespace mem. The error is thus: 1>------ Build started: Project: EEngin...
[6 replies] Last: Fixed it. (by jason9559)
setting a overload function for average?

so I have to write a program using lists and everything works fine till I get to the overload function to take doubles from the list and have to output average ...
[10 replies] Last: ok sweet appreciate the quick response and help! (by Josh Henry)
Write c++ statement using visual studio 2010

Write C++ statements that output Male if the gender is ‘M’, Female if the gender is ‘F’, and invalid gender otherwise
[1 reply] : Ok, yes, I've done that. What next. (by Chervil)
Need help, String Class

Hi, I have an assignment to make my own string class and to avoid using the c++ string class. I'm just about done, but I am getting the following error when I ...
[5 replies] Last: Yeah I did that ne! Thanks! Found I was missing several const. (by Merriak)
by MrGuy
need help on what library to choose

I want to start a new project, its a roguelike game but I don't know what library to use so anyone who can help please comment Thanks in advance!
[no replies]
Warning: Identifier was truncated to 255 characters

Thanks in advance for any help yall can give me. I'm not sure what to make of these warnings my compiler is giving me.. This is my first time messing with vect...
[2 replies] Last: Ah so That's where it was crashing. Thanks Cubbi! :3 I feel a lot bett... (by cPlusN00b)
Invalid comparison between pointer and integer

Hello, I keep getting errors saying "Invalid conversion from pointer to integer" and I have tried both of the following operators * after the variable as well a...
[1 reply] : ... (by ne555)
Copyright nas bibliotecas padrão C++. [Translation: On the copyright of the libraries in C + +]

Olá, eu sou do Brasil e não falo inglês. Gostaria de saber se as bibliotecas padrão do C++ têm direitos autorais ou se são de domínio público? Transl...
[no replies]
help with Dev c++ software

I downloaded dev c++ and was able to keep the cmd open using system ("pause"); for my class assignment I need to show proof the program worked I cant find a way...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you I will try this and let you know the out come (by f1stimer)
Generate Random Non-Repeating Numbers

One function of a current program I am working on is meant to generate an array of 5 numbers from 0-9, but they can't repeat. I can have {1, 6, 9, 4, 7} but not...
[2 replies] Last: Oh my goodness, thank you SO much! That is a much more simple solution... (by tattooedhippie)
by gladi
Please Find the Error.

HI everyone can you help by finding the error in these codes. Can you explain it. First Code: short *numPtr, result; void *genericPtr = numPtr; result = *gene...
[4 replies] Last: Next time do your homework yourself. first: Thank you for your time... (by gladi)
Fibonacci sequence

#include <iostream> int array(int); using namespace std; int main() { cout<<array(100)<<endl;//print the result system("pause"); return 0; } in...
[3 replies] Last: In this case, you've put i as a formal parameter, but you haven't dele... (by Stewbond)
by orly24
rat race

ok, now here is my code.. can anyone help me how to work this properly??? that whan i press a key the > symbol will move to the left... and other > symbol also...
[3 replies] Last: Okay I actually thought it was a goto with xy as label. Thanks for im... (by mausy131)
4 errors, please indicate errors.

#include <iostream.h> #include <conio.h> //#include <stdlib.h> main() { void diplay (void); clrscr(); display(); cout<<"ok"; //getch(); } v...
[5 replies] Last: You're welcome (: (by mausy131)
February 2013 Pages: 1... 6061626364... 67
  Archived months: [jan2013] [mar2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.